Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rebalance and Engis

Remod needs a 400-400 (800) dmg range, plus AS. Maybe a snare and blind proc on it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    Remod needs a 400-400 (800) dmg range, plus AS. Maybe a snare and blind proc on it as well.
    I think def check should be 0% too, balanced weapon it would be ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

As it is engis are the most OP prof in game. Best tradeskills and best dd in same package added to total pvp ownage. Lets compare to MA for example, sucks at pvp, zero green tradeskills and still damage is like half of d-shark engi wtf? Is this balanced in anyway? I'm sorry I didn't roll a engi.

"Best tradeskills" is not an advantage.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    *facepalm*

Please stop talking like DD and TS at the same time is currently impossible. IT ISN'T.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy View Post
    Engis hate the changes because they are being made less OP and might actually have to help other people for once :\
    These two comments are related.

As one who likes to tradeskill, I nevertheless had to respec out of it, since it seriously gimped my combat ability. Things became so much easier after I dropped tradeskills in favor of combat.

I'm now level 158, and am starting to have enough IP to pick up tradeskills again. MajorOutage's comments are only relevant to high level engineers. But I'm sorry Vitaliy, a low level then can't afford a high level's time. Even at only 158, I can level much faster and make a lot more killing mobs than I can tradeskilling.

While MajorOutage might be right for high level engineers, high level engineers have no reason to help low levels, other than charity. And low level engineers cannot afford the IP cost of tradeskilling.

However, I do think the changes are very misguided, and that a functional auction house/broker system would have been much better for everyone. As it is now, it takes too much time to sell and buy from other players.

Suppose a player asks "looking for a tradeskiller to make carb". I need to know what level of carb, does the asker have the mats, where is the asker at, and how much he/she is willing to pay.

By the time I talked to the person and find out all that information, I could have been killing mobs and made a lot more. If I had to swap out implants, get buffs, look for mats, meet up with the player, even more time lost. And I most likely would have received a response to my first question of "what QL?" - "I'm level 15" *bonk*.

Much easier with a functional selling/buying system. I put stuff up for sale when it suits me, players can buy it when it suits them, and they see the requirements of what is being sold and can see for themselves if will suit.
    Last edited by Tommara3; Nov 9th, 2011 at 07:30:47.

Why do you guys bother trying to bring balance or functional argument into this whole nanoskills>tradeskill thing. Stop fooling yourself.

There is a one reason behind this and one reason only: the game needs tradeskillers to survive.

Anything else they might say is just a pure smoke screen. Funcom decided, that from now on, you'll be a community tradeskill bitch. Thats it.

They don't care if you enjoy TSing or not.

No more excuses , no more 'i dont have TS', everyone will know that you do.

Just stand there and make carb. And be glad they did not just root you all permanently in Borealis for easier access like you're some sort of NPC.

Welcome to the new world.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirulina View Post
    As it is engis are the most OP prof in game. Best tradeskills and best dd in same package added to total pvp ownage.
    No one engi can do all these things, though. Which is the real crux of the reality vs perception problem.

Is this balanced in anyway? I'm sorry I didn't roll a engi.
    I'm sorry you MA is a gimp, or you just suck at playing them. A good MA (or Shade for that matter) usually doesn't have much trouble keeping up with an engi like myself on DD. I'm not even going to comment on the PvP side...
    Because Race Yalm

. I'm not even going to comment on the PvP side...
    Why? Engi is one of the top pvp prof (duel/bs/mass pvp) since years now, wake up.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

When people are saying they're one of the top, are they meaning at end game? They certainly don't seem to be at mid levels in my experience playing one, but I'll freely admit I'm not good at PvP.

And just because you have the ABILITY to tradeskill, doesn't mean you have to. What high level trader doesn't have wrangles? Yet they don't jump to buff anyone that demands it, and if someone does that's what /ignore is for. I'm looking forward to the changes because it'll free up my IP.

(Yes, I'm a TSer. I do it because I enjoy it. Sometimes it pays well and far more than I could make in a similar time, and sometimes it doesn't.)
    RK2
    Krishina: Omni Engineer, 100/10

Yes they mean endgame. Engis aren't very good for PVP prior to that. They had a small shining moment at TL5 a few years back where they did OK. I suspect they still have some of that shine, but some of it wore aware with what I suspect was the introduction of more disparity between attack and def ratings.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

obtena youre saying so much crap..

tl5 engis never had a shining moment,.. and even if it was there, why should it wear away with a raise of ar?^^

tl5 engis never stood a chance against pvp profs, only with the introduction of amep in lvl 160s hands we got enough offense to kill opponents b4 our mere coon runs out

I'm sorry you MA is a gimp, or you just suck at playing them. A good MA (or Shade for that matter) usually doesn't have much trouble keeping up with an engi like myself on DD. I'm not even going to comment on the PvP side...

MAs are severely lacking on their role, for a MA to do the expected DPS it has to sacrifice most of its PVP ability plus having top end game equipment DPS oriented.

Engis get great DPS with just +DD gear and some DB armor for crit. Swap a hud and some armor and youre now fit to PVP, unlike MA who needs reperk+reset+equipment swap+weapon swap.

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    tl5 engis never had a shining moment,.. and even if it was there, why should it wear away with a raise of ar?^^
    1. That's your opinion and 2. that's not what I said. If you want to start an argument with me, PM it.

so when was that shining moment? (my opinion is that you shouldnt stick your nose into things you dont no **** about)

Still waiting for your PM TBH since your only after an argument. (my opinion is that you don't assume you know what my game experience is)

Quote Originally Posted by heilt-do View Post
    Engis get great DPS with just +DD gear and some DB armor for crit. Swap a hud and some armor and youre now fit to PVP
    If you really think that's how it works, you are sorely mistaken.

The reality is pretty much the same as what you just described for MAs.

PS. DB armor isn't dd gear. This is DD gear. :P
    And, yes, I've met shades and MAs that can still keep up with me.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Nov 15th, 2011 at 21:03:32.
    Because Race Yalm

My signature states my experience. Then again I don't really go for PvP. Then again I have managed a grand total of 3 (yes, THREE!) kills in PvP. Still don't quite know how. I was too busy buffing the bot to notice what was going on. Then their team mates splattered me. Still not doing too bad for a Carb clad gimp with no token board.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

I've gone paid now but with the exception of being Omni with a 1k token board I fit the same category as Cogline. I was so incredibly proud of myself when I managed to beat a shade one on one in a battlestation as a froob. Granted, my technique was that I had my field up which blunted their alpha attack and then ran round the cap point in circles while my bot whaled on them...

Somehow I don't think that counts as being good at PvP. (This is much more likely a reflection on my own skills than the class abilities. And probably the shade's skills. But it was FUN!)
    Last edited by Krishina; Nov 16th, 2011 at 09:48:01. Reason: typo
    RK2
    Krishina: Omni Engineer, 100/10

tbh the change to engis is going to be a big boost in terms of adding extra capabilities to ur toolset. Now u can ts, do top dd, and pvp without any losses
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    tbh the change to engis is going to be a big boost in terms of adding extra capabilities to ur toolset. Now u can ts, do top dd, and pvp without any losses
    What's the difference between a PvP engi and a PvM engi right now? Aimshot, right? But that's getting nerfed for non-agent professions, right? So........................huh?

As far as "top capabilities" go, we're not gaining a damn thing in any one of those roles solely due to skill changeover. That's a fact.
    Because Race Yalm

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast