Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Oct. 14th, 2011: Pumpkins Incoming

With a population as crappy as AO currently has, it is helpful to have some stopping places, so any new players this game MIGHT get, would actually have some people to play with.
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

People who won't team them because they're not in AI armor and too gimp etc. or not willing to pay 1000 times their net worth for loot rights to what you're holding on to.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

There will not be anyone to team with, as it is too easy to pocket yourself to 220.

The one thing that MADE this game great was the twinking and the twink places (totw, foremans, s10, etc)

If I want a race to endgame mmo I would play WoW. This game used to have something special.

I'm not saying s10 did not need a nerfing, but the all or nothing approach FC takes with everything just tends to drive people away.
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

My point is that there aren't anyone to team with under the current regime of overly twinked elitists who shun the lesser equipped.

And that locking our level and building characters for that specific level was the single one thing that made AO great is just your opinion. It's not something I think is remarkably special, or even that interesting, in AO it's just way more convoluted and overpowered than it is in most other games. Old game style complexity for complexity's sake.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    And that locking our level and building characters for that specific level was the single one thing that made AO great is just your opinion. It's not something I think is remarkably special, or even that interesting, in AO it's just way more convoluted and overpowered than it is in most other games. Old game style complexity for complexity's sake.
    So basically, you want a sci-fi WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Xephonics View Post
    So basically, you want a sci-fi WoW?
    No, I don't like online singleplayer games.
    The Red Brotherhood

If this S10 nerf was intentional, I now have a reason to level 5 more toons that have been at 150 for well over a year.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    If this S10 nerf was intentional, I now have a reason to level 5 more toons that have been at 150 for well over a year.
    And how many days did making those 5 toons to level 150 keep you occupied in AO?
    stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Loucretia View Post
    And how many days did making those 5 toons to level 150 keep you occupied in AO?
    They range from 22 months, 26 months, 28 months, 37 months & 52 months from creation to "ding 150". There is actually content to explore in this game aside from grinding crips, tiigs & hecks.

Granted, grinding crips, tiigs & hecks would change those times to about a week each (2 days if you have no life), but where is the fun in that? At least 3 of the 5 never participated in a team with a pocket. It was all kill teaming or solo.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Oct 27th, 2011 at 14:59:45.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

They range from 22 months, 26 months, 28 months, 37 months & 52 months from creation to "ding 150". There is actually content to explore in this game aside from grinding crips, tiigs & hecks.

Granted, grinding crips, tiigs & hecks would change those times to about a week each (2 days if you have no life), but where is the fun in that? At least 3 of the 5 never participated in a team with a pocket. It was all kill teaming or solo.

[New Order] Newbot: Poko "Lazyshade" Wannabe (Lvl 150/11 Clan Shade, Unit Commander of New Order) Logged On :: Details :: New Level: 150! Congratulations! You have now reached the level of Vampire! Lazyshade has played 1 days 17 hours 7 minutes 24 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    [New Order] Newbot: Poko "Lazyshade" Wannabe (Lvl 150/11 Clan Shade, Unit Commander of New Order) Logged On :: Details :: New Level: 150! Congratulations! You have now reached the level of Vampire! Lazyshade has played 1 days 17 hours 7 minutes 24 seconds

I'll raise that one xD

My latest keeper was 23h 50 minutes from 1-150 with all level 5 research completed.

This is why i dislike the nerf to S10 ( I assume its a nerf if it was an accident FC wudda been quick to comment ).

I dunno if you started these toons with the intention of making them S10 toons, but if you did, it has kept you occupied in AO for a good while. Would it still be worth making those toons after this nerf?
    stuff

Some were created well before S10 existed &/or were leveled from their previous jobs as twinks in ToTW or Foreman's.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

If bounties are going to be permanently removed, I'm quitting. Without s10 there's no way I'm ever going to be able to afford any of the ai armor etc. I want to pvp/be well equipped by any stretch of the imagination. I've put so much time into creating the best s10 toons possible, and this is an absolutely absurd nerf.

Peace.

Kind of sad that the only way people know how to get money is sector 10 and farming concrete cushions...
    The Red Brotherhood

Well, I could also kite people for money. But I'm not willing to spend so much time doing something so incredibly boring for not enough money. I'd rather just quit AO than spend that much time working to make the money I need to enjoy the game.

Or kite.
    The Red Brotherhood

If this S10-change is permanent, people will find other ways to make money. Expect the prices for items to fall rapidly in the next few months.

Omg

If this is really the way it was supposed to happen with S-10 changes its like a dream come true!!!!!!!!!!

dunno if the S10 nerf is real or just rumors, but i know alot of lvl 150 ppl that are thinking of quitting AO if this is true :/ so if this is true FC is trying to have AO bleed dry of money this way?
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast