Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Oct. 14th, 2011: Pumpkins Incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Our RK1 clan orgbot logs show that we have 4-10 people logged on during those "off-prime" hours every single day (not just weekends). That is a dead time for us, yet enough to throw together a team for stuff.

Looks like you're just not looking in the right places... or your poor attitude prevents those that are active during those hours from being willing to invite you.
    My attitude? What attitude? What do you know about my attitude ingame?

As for my attitude on the forums, I consider myself to be a much better behaved person then most people here to be frank. In case you never noticed, I dont use tricks in my arguments. I dont make claims about things I dont know about. I dont use vague and generic arguments. And I dont resort to "ad hominem" arguments when I dont have any valid ones.

As for your claim, I can only guarantee you that I have been in several orgs, most of which have nice and helpful people in them. I have never had any problem ingame with org members or with random teams.

You claim that your org has 4-10 people online every day at those times. Well, I claim that there is a starfish living in Bikini Bottom named Patrick. Even if what you say is true, and I have no way of knowing if it is or not. Because you dont even have the courtesy of giving the org's name. But even if it is it means nothing. One org with several people online at that time doesnt make the game populated. And it isnt very helpfull for people who dont belong to that org.

Anyway, this thread is getting flaming hot. Im sure it is time for the wise people to let it be. I will follow their example. But I would love to be proven wrong, that there are plenty of people playing at all times and that teams are always easy to make. Unfortunatly, all the vague claims and trolling posts on the forums dont change what happens ingame.

PS-Shuddup Cratty
    Last edited by Lusos101; Oct 16th, 2011 at 19:07:10. Reason: Cratty maek me doit.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Names or you are a miserable lying troll.
    Equilibrium, Militia of Vindication, The Burning Truth, New Order, Atlantean Pact (orgs that i know and have checked !online on the bots)

Spartans, Divine, RKA United, Midgar, Mjolnir, Redemption, (haven't personally checked online lists but i'm fairly confident these have quite a few people online at the time you mentioned)

well I think everyone can at least agree that the game is NOTHING like it used to be a even just a couple years back there were more people to play with and the number of players has gone waaaay down, many that include end-gamers that have gotten tired of the giltches,bugs, lags and crashes and just MAY come back if the game ever brings out a new engine.

Many orgs i have noticed are lucky to have more than 5 people on at one time, lft is a joke, filled with WTB and WTS and then people sitting on lft for hours for things like the collector, or the new db3.

I also agree that in many cases, raiding with randoms rather than orgamates you have experience playing with can be a big headache. Because these people aren't your "buddies" or "orgmates" they won't care if they keep you waiting to start the raid, or if they ninja loot something, or if the team comes up with some retarded way of splitting loot,afks every 5 min, and i could go on. But hey, as I said, If i want to actually try the new stuff I guess i have to sit on lft for a few hrs and hope i get picked.

I have tried branching out from my org to join chat with other orgs but alas, many orgs have the same problem as mine. I often wonder if FC even notices the decline in interest in this game when they bring out these big, competitive team raids

This Halloween should be interesting....pardon me if I shudder a little at the notion of this new Enigma team thing with exclusive loots that you may not even be able to solo to get.

I have toons in a couple of the orgs you mentioned. All of them have ZERO TO 1 persons online when I play. Dualloging may increase the number of toons online a bit, but not by much. And they are great orgs with some very nice people in them. Spent many countless hours late in the night playing with some of them. If the other orgs you mention have similar numbers then Im really dissapointed. I had a bit of hope still left, really did.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

My attitude? What attitude?
    More siggy material
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    call me an elitist jerk if you want but i'd rather do endgame raids with people who i trust both skill and gear-wise than a scrub off lft that's probably still rocking a medsuit from afk /following his team through inf mishes, but that's just me.
    Heh don't worry, I know where you're coming from. But I've realized it's sometimes better to give people the benefit of the doubt; rarely but occasionally, you will come across that genuine new guy who wants to learn but just lacks resources/experience. I've even come across players on their first toons who resented having to settle for OST/kite teams (because the alternative was soloing in a multiplayer game), and were relieved to find people who were prepared to help them explore the game instead of just powerleveling them through it. Those kinds of people are who I'd really like to see stick around, and if I can encourage them to do that by helping them out a little, then hell why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Noone said to ONLY team with orgmates. All discussion and viewpoints are immediately ruined by taking everything as absolutes. Would I fill my team with a random guy? Absolutely. Would I join a team of people who asked me? Absolutely. Would I go on LFT for small time stuff like Dustbrigade? Absolutely.
    My comment wasn't necessarily directed solely at you, more at a certain percentage of people (in-game or on the forums) who have this way of automatically responding with "find a better org then!" whenever someone has problems finding enough people to do content with. It suggests that they believe A) someone should abandon a group of people who they may have grown close to, B) orgmates are the only people worth doing stuff with, and C) they're unaware of other factors/reasons for it being quiet outside of a small/dead org, such as timezones.

I just find it irritating is all.
    :E

**snip**
    Because you dont even have the courtesy of giving the org's name.
    **snip**
    I'm terribly sorry. I did not realize it was so hard for you to look up someone's name to see their org.

You want us to find people to team with you during a specific time frame when most of the game's dwindling population is asleep or at work?
    You want us to give you the names of the orgs those people are in?
    You want us to research information for you?
    You want to insult us for not being specific enough with our answers to suit your needs?
    You want us to play the game for you too?
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Oct 17th, 2011 at 06:10:07.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

i wonder what would be the spawn time of that open-world boss...

So, there will be a chance some people will go to the hell of the instance for a chance to get to a boss who theres a big possibility that it will be dead? Am i only one that thought abut that?

The open world boss better share same loot table as the bosses inside the instance, cuz if i get to a boss after an hour + of some lame instance ONCE and he is already dead, it will be enough for me to never do the damn instance again

Thats going to suck soooo bad, poor planning again FC.

This instance didnt even came out yet and it is already causing hate... way to go FC.

Thats going to be some crazy awesome content no one raids... way to go, really.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Xkeeper View Post

So, there will be a chance some people will go to the hell of the instance for a chance to get to a boss who theres a big possibility that it will be dead? Am i only one that thought abut that?

The open world boss better share same loot table as the bosses inside the instance, cuz if i get to a boss after an hour + of some lame instance ONCE and he is already dead, it will be enough for me to never do the damn instance again
    The instance is opened by killing a placeholder mob spawned in Pandemonium, at which point anyone may enter the instance for the next five minutes. This placeholder mob spawns on a 17h timer, so the instance opening will cycle through various time zones.

Loot table inside the instance contains tradeskill parts; loot table on the final boss contains the already-completed versions of what those tradeskill parts create.

I'm glad to know your concerns regarding the new instance are already addressed. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Sweet another instance

However, not a very good chance of completing it the first few runs i guess. Need to figure it out etc. And having to "camp" pande to be able to put together a team and enter within the 5 minutes the portal is up every 17h, now thats gonna suck :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xkeeper View Post

Thats going to suck soooo bad, poor planning again FC.

This instance didnt even came out yet and it is already causing hate... way to go FC.

Thats going to be some crazy awesome content no one raids... way to go, really.
    Can't please everyone. I for one will be there.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

The placeholder mob spawns on a 17h timer, so the instance opening will cycle through various time zones.
    That is the only part that concerns me. We had a MUCH higher population in game when the 18 hour unique spawns on RK were reduced to their current rates. Fast forward a few years (with even lower population) & now there is an excessively long spawn introduced in SL?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

I'm terribly sorry. I did not realize it was so hard for you to look up someone's name to see their org.

You want us to find people to team with you during a specific time frame when most of the game's dwindling population is asleep or at work?
    You want us to give you the names of the orgs those people are in?
    You want us to research information for you?
    You want to insult us for not being specific enough with our answers to suit your needs?
    You want us to play the game for you too?
    Harder for you to type a few letters then for me to go look your name up. Must be. Specially because there is no risk whatsoever of the name you use in your posts to not be linked to the org you are refering to. Absolutly none.

I demand nothing. But I continue to insist that in a game with a dwindling population and outdated playfields that are easy for veterans to farm, that it is dificult for new players to find teams, specially when not playing at prime time. Glad you agree with me.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

The instance is opened by killing a placeholder mob spawned in Pandemonium, at which point anyone may enter the instance for the next five minutes. This placeholder mob spawns on a 17h timer, so the instance opening will cycle through various time zones.

Loot table inside the instance contains tradeskill parts; loot table on the final boss contains the already-completed versions of what those tradeskill parts create.

I'm glad to know your concerns regarding the new instance are already addressed. =)
    hm, im actually impressed now... totally worth it getting a forum notification for this, atleast now i know how to get some of my questions answered.

5 mins on the portal to the instance, isnt that a bit too short?

Considering the portal has a 17hrs spawn, would be mor eintresting to give everyone a chance to atleast a chance to run the instance.

As a suggestion, i keeping the portal open from 30 mins to 1 hour would give everyone a chance to experience the instanced zone and also give a chance to teams who whipe to go back and try again to get a shot at the open-world boss.

Would be something like we had in the mercs years, loved to see that "OTA IS UP" infonet spam on RK2.

Just saying, 5 mins is not enough to get teams to compete with others to get a chance to the OD wars on the open world boss and is not enough to get a chance for the casual players to form a group to experience and get a chance on the phatz from the instance....

Consider the fact that the game population is not really increases as the day goes by.

That is the only part that concerns me. We had a MUCH higher population in game when the 18 hour unique spawns on RK were reduced to their current rates. Fast forward a few years (with even lower population) & now there is an excessively long spawn introduced in SL?
    I Agree...

Making the portal to the instance last more than 5 mins would atleast give everyone a chance to play arround on the instance...

Hell... even make the portal last 6 hours...

Make the open world boss like a bonus for the hardcore player and the instanced bosses a bonus for the casual players.

The instance is opened by killing a placeholder mob spawned in Pandemonium
    I'm really curious, is this portal/placeholder in "real" Pandemonium? I hope that it is, and if anyone can enter portal I guess it must be.

I'm also hoping that the placeholder spawns in random locations in Pande but I think that would many people angry ^_^

Loot table inside the instance
    Err, it's an instance? I thought this new area was a space that "exists" where multiple groups of people would be competing to win loot. I'm so confused.

Funcom employee

The placeholder is in 'real Pandemonium' and at a fixed location - You'll always know where/when he's spawning.

And it's a mixed instance/open-world encounter. The first phase is a single-team instance - After you've completed the instance, you are sent into an open-world boss fight where other players will be competing against you to take down the final boss mob.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

The placeholder is in 'real Pandemonium' and at a fixed location - You'll always know where/when he's spawning.

And it's a mixed instance/open-world encounter. The first phase is a single-team instance - After you've completed the instance, you are sent into an open-world boss fight
    Thank you for the answer, I think I understand now. I still think a wandering portal/placeholder mob would be interesting but I can understand why you wouldn't make it like that ^_^

It can always be reduced. Be glad we're not playing certain other games where the normal and accepted lockout for endgame raids is a week.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Does that mean that there will be a server wide announcment like 30 mins - 1hour before he spawns? This would give everyone the same chanse of getting there and not only the ones that has it on a timer.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast