Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Oct. 14th, 2011: Pumpkins Incoming

I find the most amazing part to be that in a game that was once the top of social that people no longer have any friends to do the endgame raids with. Sure, you do lvling with randoms, and various places with randoms, but endgame? That's what you have an org and friends for that don't care that you're not the most uber guy with the best equipment and highest level and of the exact imagined correct profession.

Maybe that's just me, since you see so many whines about it. Who's playing the game wrong?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    eew.... so yet again an instance where only the top dd profs will get first invites, and the support profs are left filling gaps again...
    I disagree. I think people that participate in a lot of social stuff, interact and make friends have a better chance of landing a spot, regardless of profession. every profession in-game can be geared toward DD. adversely, some of the DD profs can be quite non-DD in the wrong setup.

Also, how do you know that a butt load of support isn't needed in the gauntlet to keep your group from wiping? very few know at this point, so you may see a team of DD's go in first time and wipe like its their job. who knows.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I find the most amazing part to be that in a game that was once the top of social that people no longer have any friends to do the endgame raids with. Sure, you do lvling with randoms, and various places with randoms, but endgame? That's what you have an org and friends for that don't care that you're not the most uber guy with the best equipment and highest level and of the exact imagined correct profession.

Maybe that's just me, since you see so many whines about it. Who's playing the game wrong?
    I think he's saying more that it's directly geared to DD wars. Thought we had enough of that during original Pande.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    I disagree. I think people that participate in a lot of social stuff, interact and make friends have a better chance of landing a spot, regardless of profession. every profession in-game can be geared toward DD. adversely, some of the DD profs can be quite non-DD in the wrong setup.

Also, how do you know that a butt load of support isn't needed in the gauntlet to keep your group from wiping? very few know at this point, so you may see a team of DD's go in first time and wipe like its their job. who knows.
    On the other hand, my MP, played by me, with current equip (basically completely endgame, a few defensive items that I could swap out for offensive for more DD) will be outdamaged by a comparatively geared engineer/soldier/shade/NT. Even in the support department, with how many mobs are affected by NSD these days (read: zero), no one would bring me for support. An adv would do more damage while healing more than my pet. Crat debuffs are better than mine, but mine overwrite theirs. NTs bring more nano regen for the entire team.

I mean, ya, I can (and probably will) go with my org, if I'm on when they run it, but they'd get more of a benefit from almost any other class (judging by what we've seen and heard of the instance so far, that is. It's possible we'll be completely wrong about it)

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    On the other hand, my MP, played by me, with current equip (basically completely endgame, a few defensive items that I could swap out for offensive for more DD) will be outdamaged by a comparatively geared engineer/soldier/shade/NT. Even in the support department, with how many mobs are affected by NSD these days (read: zero), no one would bring me for support. An adv would do more damage while healing more than my pet. Crat debuffs are better than mine, but mine overwrite theirs. NTs bring more nano regen for the entire team.

I mean, ya, I can (and probably will) go with my org, if I'm on when they run it, but they'd get more of a benefit from almost any other class (judging by what we've seen and heard of the instance so far, that is. It's possible we'll be completely wrong about it)
    I think it's commonly accepted by now that MPs are hurting in endgame PVM. But that's a problem with the profession, not the content, and the solution isn't to hold back new content for fear it will disadvantage them further, but to give MPs more damage/utility/whatever it is they are lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think he's saying more that it's directly geared to DD wars. Thought we had enough of that during original Pande.
    Gauntlet being a response to a desire for more DD battle style encounters. And seeing as how everyone can deal rather a lot of damage, there's the other internal workings to worry about.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Handbags? srsly?

Barbie Online, make a pony next plz!
    SHADDAP! MAH HANDBAGS! pff

EDIT (to not post twice):
    @Esssch ZOMG! How come you got ODed by a soldier? ;o But its kinda true that we will not get invited, unless for really known friends and org ^^
    Last edited by lainbr; Oct 15th, 2011 at 20:22:04.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    we will not get invited, unless for really known friends and org ^^
    Luckily those are the best invites anyhow

Quote Originally Posted by Biancha View Post
    Luckily those are the best invites anyhow
    It kinda sucks though when you play out of prime time and all you have of an org is ZERO to ONE other active person online every day. And before Masta, with all his Monday evening wisdom, chimes in I will clarify. I been in lots of orgs. There are 2 types of orgs. Euro and American. Europeans who join American orgs quickly leave because they dont have anyone to play with and vice versa. Patch time has so few people online that even random teams are impossible to find. Even weekends suck.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

So people should join orgs that are active in their timeperiod.
    The Red Brotherhood

To be honest I find the whole "only team with yer orgmatez" mentality to be a bit... clique-y. Don't get me wrong, I love my guys to bits, but some of my fondest memories are of random-teaming while leveling up in the Subway or Temple of Three Winds, before I even had an org, when people didn't really seem to care what org you were from: you were just a bunch of people playing the game and making friends from other orgs was just part of that experience. There's a part of me that misses that atmosphere at endgame, where a lot of people seem to think once you align with an org those are the only people you should be spending time with.

I dunno. Maybe the org I'm in is just easy-going enough for my preferences. While we do plenty of stuff together we also sometimes wander off and do our own thing with non-org folks, or invite non-org friends to our raids. Most of us have plenty of friends from other orgs, and our guestlist includes members of all three factions. And I like that. It makes for a good amount of "social" factor.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndra-Corvid View Post
    To be honest I find the whole "only team with yer orgmatez" mentality to be a bit... clique-y. Don't get me wrong, I love my guys to bits, but some of my fondest memories are of random-teaming while leveling up in the Subway or Temple of Three Winds, before I even had an org, when people didn't really seem to care what org you were from: you were just a bunch of people playing the game and making friends from other orgs was just part of that experience. There's a part of me that misses that atmosphere at endgame, where a lot of people seem to think once you align with an org those are the only people you should be spending time with.

I dunno. Maybe the org I'm in is just easy-going enough for my preferences. While we do plenty of stuff together we also sometimes wander off and do our own thing with non-org folks, or invite non-org friends to our raids. Most of us have plenty of friends from other orgs, and our guestlist includes members of all three factions. And I like that. It makes for a good amount of "social" factor.
    do enough random teaming, tara, raids, etc and you may get to know a lot of people ingame. after a while you make enough friends, and know enough people that theres always someone to talk to, team up with and do content with, and very rarely is it with random people, because you know practically everyone at end game. people you can look out for, and people to look out for you. yeah, its a little clique-ish, where the loners who keep to themselves feel left out, but its an mmo after all... only you and esssch mentioned the "only team with your orgmates" stuff.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

some of my fondest memories are of random-teaming while leveling up in the Subway or Temple of Three Winds, before I even had an org, when people didn't really seem to care what org you were from: you were just a bunch of people playing the game and making friends from other orgs was just part of that experience.
    call me an elitist jerk if you want but i'd rather do endgame raids with people who i trust both skill and gear-wise than a scrub off lft that's probably still rocking a medsuit from afk /following his team through inf mishes, but that's just me.

"lite" pvm (anything that involves levelling) is fine with pickup groups. i'll go lft and hit some ado hecks or run through an inf mish with randoms but i won't do 6man beast, db3, etc with people i dont know. it's just not worth my time to fail repeatedly or have {stuff} ninjalooted. if i wanna waste time i can /afk in bs hub waiting for my bs to run.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 16th, 2011 at 14:55:59. Reason: removed obscenity

Noone said to ONLY team with orgmates. All discussion and viewpoints are immediately ruined by taking everything as absolutes. Would I fill my team with a random guy? Absolutely. Would I join a team of people who asked me? Absolutely. Would I go on LFT for small time stuff like Dustbrigade? Absolutely.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    So people should join orgs that are active in their timeperiod.

My play time is 8:00 or 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM GMT. Except on weekends when I play longer. Tell me the names of the orgs that have enough people online at that time to make a full team regularly. I DARE YOU, MASTABLASTA!

Or is "folksy wisdom" all you got?
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    My play time is 8:00 or 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM GMT. Except on weekends when I play longer. Tell me the names of the orgs that have enough people online at that time to make a full team regularly. I DARE YOU, MASTABLASTA!

Or is "folksy wisdom" all you got?
    clan? omni? rk1? rk2?

Yeah, RK1 and clan and you rarelly play when I do. But go on...
    Gustatus similis pullus.

considering the hot times for tl7 towers, (first one goes hot at 12ish gmt, last one goes cold at 8 or 9 i think) you're much better off than some other timezones. but just about every "big" clan org has numbers online at that time.

Names or you are a miserable lying troll.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Names or you are a miserable lying troll.
    Our RK1 clan orgbot logs show that we have 4-10 people logged on during those "off-prime" hours every single day (not just weekends). That is a dead time for us, yet enough to throw together a team for stuff.

Looks like you're just not looking in the right places... or your poor attitude prevents those that are active during those hours from being willing to invite you.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    or your poor attitude prevents those that are active during those hours from being willing to invite you.
    THEM BE FIGHTIN' WORDS!

Prolly true, though.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast