Thread: [ALL] IRRK: Alan Jacobi announces new look for Clan Vanguard

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[ALL] IRRK: Alan Jacobi announces new look for Clan Vanguard

Alan Jacobi announces new look for Clan Vanguard
    October 14, 29485 - [Global]

In a move that has apparently been sitting on the back burner for quite some time, Alan Jacobi, leader of the Clan Vanguards, announced today a major change to their corporate image.

After weeks of rumours, a press release issued from the Clan Vanguard today announced a new look and new style for the legacy clan, beefing up personal guard security with new technology and an updated branding that is sure to turn heads.

"The Vanguards have always been at the forefront of Rubi-Kan commerce and financial growth, and our new branding only helps cement our reputation as one of the movers-and-shakers of this turbulent, exciting world," said Jacobi in today's press release. "Our new visual style helps to promote the business synergy and corporate fierceness that the Clan Vanguard name carries while promoting ourselves as captains of industry and finance - Bold lines with earthen tones help signify the strength of the Vanguard clan, while inviting openness and open communication with warm browns and detailed leather."

According to today's press release, the new armor sets created for the Vanguards were commissioned by a local craftsman who chose to remain anonymous - When contacting the Vanguards for further information regarding the armorer responsible for the new suits IRRK News was told "no comment".

The armor is, according to an anonymous source, internally referred to as "the Cyclops" set, owed to the unique mono-screen camera plate at the top of the helmet. Though Clan Vanguard has been rather secretive regarding the technology going into these new sets one source within the clan did say that the base material was created from a triple-weave NotuComm mesh, providing neural networking capabilities to enhance reaction time and targeting via nanogyros embedded within the cloth's fabric. Additionally, the helmet itself is embedded with sub-dermal sensors - With only a tiny surgical alteration to the wearer, the helmet is able to switch through targeting modes, visual displays, comms channels and the like, all at the twitch of a cheek.

Though IRRK News was unable to reach Alan Jacobi for further comments, Old Athen Supervisor Ramon Bauer offered his praise and excitement regarding the new equipment.

"This exclusive armor set will help ensure that the men, women and atroxes of Clan Vanguard will have the highest level of protection available to them at all times as they tirelessly defend our cities against intrusion and those who would disrupt our peaceful lives. With this change, Clan Vanguard hopes to show its dedication to protecting and offering worry-free safety to those under our protection."

The new armor set and branding are both scheduled to be put into public use in the coming weeks.

Last edited by Kintaii; Oct 16th, 2011 at 05:27:01.

nice logo XD, V (for Vanguards), pretty soon they'll start selling cheap knock off masks in shops everywhere.

As for the new equipment, now maybe they'll actually be able to prevent my daily stroll through the park in Omni-2...

Old Athens... not omni-2... I don't go around calling omni-trade "trashdump" too.... no wait, I do actually, never mind....
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

(/rp)Maybe now the Omni scum will get a bit more...hmm what's the word? Oh, destroyed by the the Clans, we need a bit more of a defense from their tyranny and Corporate regime.(/rp)

Their new look is pretty awesome I will admit, I like what sounds like the specs of their armor Evades,inits, and more social range I hope. I really want to see omni be killed by the guards in Old Athen. IT's been so long haha. I mean they have the Unicorns...

You'd think they were copying my look. One eyed men in mostly organic leather?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    You'd think they were copying my look. One eyed men in mostly organic leather?
    only difference is they got a good physique *chuckles*
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Hah. They PT the Vanguard boys good, but not THAT good.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

so far i haven't been with any with a belly, nor seen any with a belly

They look nice but they still dont punch a dent in a package of butter, as wed say it where i live
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    so far i haven't been with any with a belly, nor seen any with a belly
    "Been" with? Are you calling me a fatty, twigman? *laughs*
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

i wouldn't dare! just a bit pot-bellied *snickers*

Ever the comedian. Must be nice to have an Opifex metabolism, while the rest of us have to actually watch what we eat. Besides, I've lived out in the deep wilderness and ate things that some folks would scarcely call food. I think I deserve an extra piece of fried chicken every now and then.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    ate things that some folks would scarcely call food. I think I deserve an extra piece of fried chicken every now and then.
    so you ate omnis in the wilderness, and now you switched to fried omnis? ^^

With Rooster sauce. Don't forget that you can eat anything with enough Rooster Sauce.
    I added a clanner to my diet every now and then. Did you know were kinda gamey? It's kinda gross. But, as I said.. enough Rooster Sauce makes everything palatable.

Rhinoman food tastes like hot dead skunk. Jus' sayin'.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...