Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 7th, 2011 - Patchtastic

Gratz Michi! Look forward to your work showing up in game and in the forums

I knew in the future we could cure the "Gulf of Mexico" syndrome Tir water seem to be suffereing from. It looks great! Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
    I wanna have s.. in that new water.

EDIT: That of course means I wanna have sharks in that water. I am a mean kitty!
    Fixed!

You can thank me later Wald

Regards,

--ani

Congrats, Michi! ARK will miss you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

gz to Michi. can't think of a better guy to get the job. I have no doubt he'll fit right in.

water looks nice, albeit a little on the murky side, but thats probably lighting more than anything i bet.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Gz Michi and cans means beer.

The water looks realy great, now bring back and show us some fish....

I will cancel my accounts if i see one more Fw(o)M with a screenshot of Tir, Athen or any other clan related content.

Now thats what im talking about! WATER!! =D <3

And Gratz Michi!!
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Gratz Michi!

RE: Pics

Water is much better represented now, though I have to say Tir is not the ideal local to be showcasing water.

Observation:

I am beginning to get the sense that we may see the new engine brought in, along with a new 'new user' experience but without the massive 'rebalance'. Personally, I am ok with that; as I think that the rebalance, as it has been laid out, will be a vast can of worms that would engage virtually all the game's Developer resources to get 'right'.

A new user experience is badly needed, to go with the engine but rebalancing really should be segregated from the 'new engine/new user experience' work as they are the real calling cards to bring in new and old players and the dev team only has so many ppl and resources at the present time. If the Engine and starter experience bring in the hordes, then the AO staff can be grown and tackling the rebalance *properly* will be much more feasible.

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Here's hoping that the engine and new starter experience are done far before the rebalancing ;D
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Smile

The pictures are looking excellent! I must admit I was quite disappointed when I first glanced on the pictures last week.

Also; Congratulations to Michi, I hope they won't be too harsh on you!

would like to see some pics of rome red please
    Talita

̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.

Wink

Very nice. Now the ideal place to show off water is of course the waterfall just outside Borealis...
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Gz to Michi!

And the water.. it looks amazing!!

I can't wait to see the other parts of RK..

and also, did you notice a higher resolution of pictures?
    Last edited by Kazador; Oct 7th, 2011 at 22:50:20.

GRATZ to Michi for new employment!

Water in Tir pics look great. Now to have that same effect in Borealis and Rome and other water places.
    Seek Peace and you shall find me. Seek War, and there you will find me also. I hold the Light of Love in the darkness of the Abyss and e'er that star shall shine forth and give hope and comfort. Enemies of the Light and Freedom of Spirit, beware, for my blades fall fast and cut deep.

NEUTRAL 4 EVER!

The water looks wet

Gz Michi, have a look at the hamsters in the cellar by times :P..
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Gz Michi and cans means beer.

The water looks realy great, now bring back and show us some fish....
    Yes! Bring back the piranhas in Newland Lake with the new water!

imo send the new engine to me, I can take some nice high res pictures
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Hmm I have access to a PNY Quadro plex high end graphics work station video deck (4 quadro 6000's video cards slaved together) driving a video wall 3240 x 1920 ( 3 55" displays ) in resolution. I wonder how the new engine would look on that.

For those that are curious what hardware it takes to drive that beast: dual quad core xeon 5570 cpus with 16 GB ram. So please send me a copy of new engine to play with.. Can we say FPS games are well AWESOME!!! I suspect new AO engine would be a a pleasure to see on that setup.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

I just happened to play with a very good beamer on a 18m² screen before my first math lecture for the summer term at university (btw... maths on mondays from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and fridays from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. sucks big time). I was at the lecture hall at 2.30 p.m. and there was this cable for the beamer ^^ . After a while some guy came in and meant "Oh, good, the beamer's working" and left. A second later he came back and that happened:

He: What are you playing?
    Me: Anarchy Online.
    He: I know. But what profession?
    Me: Ranged Adventurer.
    He: Damn. You're a cheater.
    Me: What?
    He: Aw, come on, ranged advy is like exploiting. But I would suggest you quit using the beamer soon. The other students shouldn't see you using the beamer. I'll need it for my lecture later, also.

And that's how I got to know my new math professor (and an ass kicking MA, also).

Quote Originally Posted by Regarok View Post
    I just happened to play with a very good beamer on a 18m² screen before my first math lecture for the summer term at university (btw... maths on mondays from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and fridays from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. sucks big time). I was at the lecture hall at 2.30 p.m. and there was this cable for the beamer ^^ . After a while some guy came in and meant "Oh, good, the beamer's working" and left. A second later he came back and that happened:

He: What are you playing?
    Me: Anarchy Online.
    He: I know. But what profession?
    Me: Ranged Adventurer.
    He: Damn. You're a cheater.
    Me: What?
    He: Aw, come on, ranged advy is like exploiting. But I would suggest you quit using the beamer soon. The other students shouldn't see you using the beamer. I'll need it for my lecture later, also.

And that's how I got to know my new math professor (and an ass kicking MA, also).
    Perhaps my favorite story of the week.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast