Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 7th, 2011 - Patchtastic

Friday with Means - October 7th, 2011 - Patchtastic

An obviously busy week that has kept us *mostly* out of trouble and prevented us from doing anything truly terrible with our time.

Big News this week:

1. The 18.4.8 Update went out. Closely followed by the 18.4.9 Update. There was an issue with the 2nd boss in the new instance that made it impossible to defeat..and as we were going for "difficult" rather than impossible we were uncomfortable with our over-achievement in this new area. I understand some of you have managed to defeat it already. Lies...I refuse to believe it.¨

2. Super exciting news for us here in Montreal is that we have hired a new member of the team to start sharing our suffering, nightmare, technical disaster workload here in the office. The new member of the team is Henry Senger who some of you might know as Michizure on TestLive. "Michi" has been working with us secretly on TestLive for a period of years now and despite that still was very interested in joining the team. We are very happy to have him here in Montreal getting used to the workflow and working hard on making a new fun seasonal encounter to be enjoyed by all for Halloween. I've wanted to see this one in for years so I am really looking forward to seeing Michi's first thing hit the live servers.

Thank you to everyone who applied for the position. It was incredibly difficult to choose between all of the very knowledgable and qualified applicants this time around. I'm certain Michi will work obsessively to prove that he was the right choice over the next while. I certainly feel good knowing that the next time we have an opening there are so many good and qualified people out there in the community to choose from.

3. Nano Cans are now available in the in-game store. The cans that are available are limited to those that will not be a significant factor in PvP but will merely be a convenience purchase for those wanting to do some twinking.

4. Last week we published some screens of the water and people complained that the water looked like ugly blue goo. They were right. There are many tweaks and settings available for the water in AO and those have now been adjusted for Tir...and are obviously attached below for your viewing pleasure.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

first
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

booyah
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

3rd!

Now that's much better looking water than what you showed us last week, very nice

cans !
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

1st page at least?
    Carpdiem 220 Martial Artist - Bellatrix 220 Fixer
    Furymaster 220 Meta Physicist - Manhandle 215 Enforcer

Proud General of Athen Paladins - Now retired

Come check us out at www.athenpaladins.org

FWM y u no sticky?!
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

What? No word in regards to the Stim/Coil "desaster"?
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Grats Michi! /party
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Tro,ololoolololololololololoo
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Gratz Michi, and great water.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Crats rox!
    Proctorial 220/30/70 Crat setup
    Freedonnadd 220/30/70 MA setup
    Patentia 220/30/70 Engi setup

Raidwipe 220/30/70 Doc
    ····crat··cratcrat···········crat·····cratcratcrat
    ·crat·····crat···crat······cratcrat·······crat
    crat······cratcrat·······crat····crat·····crat
    ·crat·····crat··crat····crat·crat·crat····crat
    ····crat··crat····crat··crat······crat····crat

--------------- ··· The One Profession ··· ------------------
    Oh no! A crat sprung! It's crawling with crats! You failed disarming the crat!
    MassDestruct 200/20 NT · Goonish 60 Enfo saved on newbie island o.o

At this rate it looks like the gfx engine will come out before we get further status update on the rebalance, for good or bad depending on what you prefer to see first i guess
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Gratz Michi!
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Thats what i was saying, if your gonna post screenshots, do it properly, witch nice camera angle, better resolution etc... water this time looks very nice, very like the one in AoC. Thumbs up!
    Account frozen: Ornaola - 220/30 Opifex MA

"New account": Ornaolla - 220/18 trox MA

Yes im back, lol. Nerf addiction.

1st page ;o
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

yes! That water looks a lot better.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

AO looks great! Good work!

ps. it's friday, no infractions please
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 7th, 2011 at 17:15:57. Reason: just because its friday doesn't mean I won't edit your obscenities
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast