Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Sept. 30th, 2011: More Pictures? More Pictures.

Eh, I'm sorry, but I'm not very impressed by the reflective water. Firstly, the water looks like some sort of gel instead of water and secondly I can barely see stuff reflecting in it, mostly some extra lighting.
    I was expecting something more along the lines of the awesome reflective water in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRmk0hZam7A

I hope it looks much better in a dynamic representation .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

It's nice to see progress & I'm looking forward to next week's patch, but I've got to admit I like these screenies from the erm... "old new engine" more: http://www.athenpaladins.org/aonewengine/index.html

How long until it looks like that?... If ever?
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    Eh, I'm sorry, but I'm not very impressed by the reflective water. Firstly, the water looks like some sort of gel instead of water and secondly I can barely see stuff reflecting in it, mostly some extra lighting.
    I was expecting something more along the lines of the awesome reflective water in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRmk0hZam7A

I hope it looks much better in a dynamic representation .
    Snap!

And damn! That vid is over 3.5yrs old
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Yeah, when is the engine coming? Any estimates yet? Dont worry, i'm a very patient guy. Just also curious

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Has FC confirmed that the "going on live" order will be Balance => starter experience rewamp => new engine ?

if so ... why do we get news about the last of the chain and not about the other 2 ?

And why do we have the feeling that engine is "almost ready" and reblance went to paperbin ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

The 'secret' pic looks like a guy holding a flamethrower.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    The 'secret' pic looks like a guy holding a flamethrower.
    twhw stands for The Wonderfull Heavy Weapon
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

that video from 4 years ago seems like its better than the present gfx engine. wtf

Definitely a 220 engi pet, a dood holding double-barrel cytoglobic multi-distress inhibitor, and lastly I see parsed playing guitar hero. CLose maybe? yes? hehe Love Tir

Quote Originally Posted by Troxxor View Post
    Snap!

And damn! That vid is over 3.5yrs old
    It better look like that preview video or nicer The whole reason I still wait around for it with high hopes. But as we all know, hope is futile.. we are the borg.

I've got a headache.....

As for the water reflection (or lack thereof) I can see some correct reflection of the Truth Tower and adjoining building in the water, and in the old video the Tir water is not particularly reflective either (fitting with the old storyline background to the Tir water situation).

If that is the Dreamworld engine, many of us know what the water can look like under DirectX 9 and what is in those pics is not quite there yet. You guys need to be careful what you are showing. Review that old video before posting pics that might be compared side-by-side because, at this stage, they -will- be compared and anything that appears lacking in the current pics will be pounced on if some explanation is not given. IE, if you have some effects not yet turned on in a pic, say so and save yourselves a lot of forum grief.

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

That looks like SLIME WATER! And slime water haz no reflections, therefor, good job!

Compared to how it currently looks, that's several year's worth of improvements in those two screenies. We're now looking at a 2007 game instead of a 2001 one

That nanomage's head... the proportions o.O
    The upper Opi head has some weird underbite going on but the lower Opi head is looking good.
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

Quote Originally Posted by Troxxor View Post
    It's nice to see progress & I'm looking forward to next week's patch, but I've got to admit I like these screenies from the erm... "old new engine" more: http://www.athenpaladins.org/aonewengine/index.html

How long until it looks like that?... If ever?
    Infinitely better in the old pix.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatech View Post
    Alien cyborgs!
    lol, was thinking the same thing. otherwise its obviously either a flamethrower texture revamp, or an alien flamethrower thats yet to come. if it has nothing to do with aliens, then why the green hue?
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

too asian
    Just log your 220.

Oh, someone pressed on the ambient occlusion button
    The radius seems to be a tad too big though.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Looks like a proton pack for halloween to me
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast