Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 18.4.8 Update Release Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    But... it makes perfect sense to design it that way. The guy who thought it up said "this is how you should look wearing this, this way and no other" and then, if you choose to mix the pads in with something else, well, there's only one of them available to display. That's the end of it. Some guy designed something and said this is the way it's supposed to be. Not like you don't have the choice of other shoulderpads that show on both shoulders. This is one that doesn't.
    Alright, son. Thanks for your opinion. It means nothing to me, though.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
    Alright, son. Thanks for your opinion. It means nothing to me, though.
    No, designers have weird ideas sometime. Like these pants I saw yesterday, pretty damn cool, except the narrow legs. Why do they make the narrow legs!? So, I bought a different pair of pants. Let's not try to understand why there are certain ways for some things to look.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Lol Masta, in mood for some discussions are we? I'll bite.

Playing in a team is not only about hugging eachother. Sometimes in BS a player might have to leave the rest of the group to go cap somewhere while others defend. This player runs inn to someone and kills them, but after the fight he is not able to heal up, nano up or remove debuffs. You really dont see how this could suck?

Oh I agree that there should be some limit to the distance that the lockout works at. Zones, at the very least. I was quite surprised to read that it blocks you even if you're not in the same zone. If that will continue to be the case, then all respawn stations need some way for you to get healed up.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

And I agree to! I have no issue with the kits not working for the people in the area, fighting the same monster or player.

All though this thing encurages people to not be teamed, as unteamed players can fight the same fight and still use the kits because they are not attacked (i havent tested this but i assume this is the case).

Quote Originally Posted by Joralf View Post
    And I agree to! I have no issue with the kits not working for the people in the area, fighting the same monster or player.

All though this thing encurages people to not be teamed, as unteamed players can fight the same fight and still use the kits because they are not attacked (i havent tested this but i assume this is the case).
    I have a low-grade issue with it but nowhere near the level of concern I have about not being able to heal up when rezzing, etc. I think (hope) that it's something that low level docs and pet profs will be able to work into their system - certainly it will make managing nano much more important and force teams to pay attention. It will also mean a lot more hugging of MPs/NTs and nanosteal/cost reduction items.

I can't imagine why it wasn't communicated to the players in patch notes - it's a very large change for pre-110 nano-dependent toons and something I would have thought devs would recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    New Content:[*]Daily Mission: Spaced Out - Cocoons should no longer be aggressive resulting in attack message spam.[/list]
    Cocoons in spaced out still give attack messages, yet it seems possible to Aimed Shot some of them them even once they are "fighting" you.
    Cannot sit down to heal/charge nano however.
    Is this working as intended?

AI Daily Mission : Distress Call

Done the mission, got the return to agency to get reward, speaking with the recruiter, nothing happen cant complete the mission..
    Damn, no luck.
    I didn't get the axp reward after killing the aliens, that's sure, looked into chat again, nothing

ps : HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ! Noticed i disabled the xp gain, but still i was able to learn axp/vp , did you changed it?! If you did, wth for twinks that farm BS's for fun and vp.. *sad*
    pps : tried disable xp on another toon, did quests, got xp/reward goes in pool, axp/vp is ok too.. hmm what's wrong
    Last edited by Abdominaux; Oct 8th, 2011 at 02:30:54.
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

The new snowball-nano effect was mediocre. I needed to enable nanoeffects see the effect.

Could add animation, on cast and impact + strucksound.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdominaux View Post
    ps : HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ! Noticed i disabled the xp gain, but still i was able to learn axp/vp , did you changed it?! If you did, wth for twinks that farm BS's for fun and vp.. *sad*
    XP Pool cap is 200M, so once that's hit you won't "gain" anymore in pool. If that's what you meant ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Btw, I often need to download patches manually and while you did put the latest exe online, I can only access it by typing the URL directly because the website stops at 18.3.6.

That and looking as to why it will always throw a Visual C++ exception on parallels.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    XP Pool cap is 200M, so once that's hit you won't "gain" anymore in pool. If that's what you meant ?
    I didnt get the axp, and yes my toon is capped at 200m xp atm, but when i did PvP daily i got the vp.. something wierd here

Btw, I noticed that PvP dailies (done 4 for my lvl60 twink), and each time i dont get the same amount of vp.
    On a 60Mp i got 150 vp for completing the daily :

Mission accomplished.
    You got a new mission.
    Victory points collected: 317.
    You've received an item as mission reward!
    You have assigned XP to research, but do not currently have a research goal.
    This XP was added to the pool of unsaved experience points that you get back through gaining new experience points. Your current pool of unsaved experience is 2145083.
    Side tokens collected: 39.
    Mission accomplished.
    You got a new mission.

On 60 adv/fix/engy i got 500ish
    Hmm ?

ps: tried on 25 trader i got 500ish too.
    It seems to be relative with the fact you disable xp gain or not. The 60MP disabled xp, others dont..

pps : tried on 20 crat, same daily still, got 100 vp :
    Mission accomplished.
    You got a new mission.
    Victory points collected: 100.
    You received 15905 xp.
    New Level: 21!
    505 xp was gained as a side bonus!
    Side tokens collected: 4.
    Mission accomplished.

I dont know if the vp gain is static for all lvl, but seems not, even with same lvl toon, it depends o_O
    Can you people try at low lvl to see if my numbers are correct?
    Last edited by Abdominaux; Oct 8th, 2011 at 13:40:26.
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    I think there is some nice things in these patch notes but...

I think this is a mistake. With the rechargers I can live, but there is several issues with the new stims:

1. Healing both hp and nano takes away a tactical choice. Is this done in an attempt to simplify AO? This is definitely not the right approach because a) you don't need to simplify, that would be a big mistake (explaining AO better could be nice though) and b) everybody knows the difference between a mana potion and a health potion.
    Combining all stims into one single stim reminds me a bit to this RPG where all keys have been combined to spacebar. It's great fun for 5 min because the simplification is so overdone. But you don't want to oversimplify AO and you do want for people to play AO more than 5 min.
    This actually also applies (but to a lesser extend) to the rechargers, especially the debuff removing part on them.
    The skill to play a game like AO is a rather abstract thing. I would say it comes down to a) positioning and b) knowing and assessing when to use what nano/perk/special attack/item. You are giving the 'item' part a HUGE beating with these reworked stims and rechargers. I don't believe moving away from skill-based gameplay to setup based gameplay is the right approach.

2. Prices for new stims are outrageous. There is plenty of people with lack of credits, especially newbies. The shop is where newbies look for stuff. With about 600 First Aid old stims cost about 5 credit/hp to heal and new ones cost about 140 credit/hp. That's an increase of about 2800%! I do understand you want a credit sink. In that case you should design these to be only used by elitists/veterans/rich people and keep the old ones to be used by others. The massive difference in power and the fact that you want to remove old ones from the shops indicates that this is not how they are designed. Maybe they are designed to scare away more newbies with high prizes ?

3. More hp and nano healing is not needed. More nano might be good when we get The Rebalance. More hp might be good to make pvp last longer. Fact is that The Rebalance is not there yet AND that these also work in pvm. I don't think the extra hp/nano is justified!
    ill just go that way , bumping for the few good post out there

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    World Changes:
    • The exit in the ruin in Arid Rift can now be accessed at any time.
    Nice change, but looks like now the boss did not spawn after tagging the points of interest...

Also, the portal looks like a one you should just walk on, not a clickable one.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Means, Kintaii, you forgot in patch notes the change you have brought to Tower Flag
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Means, Kintaii, you forgot in patch notes the change you have brought to Tower Flag
    What change is that?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    What change is that?
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...75#post6013975
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I'm getting pretty tired of seeing all the comotion about the stims/kits.
    Having 6-8 items in your inventory is completely arbitrary when it comes to wanting to heal up. (for SL players, 8 if you often use nanos).
    Now, it's streamlined, which is a wonderful thing.

And after looking at Edta's thread (very very quickly, didn't want to catch anything) I noticed something about rolling. Why on earth would you want to roll the old style ones? The new ones generally heal 2x-5x as much as the old ones, with less lockout on the +nano portion.

So glad for the stims and kits update. My MA's inventory has opened up from 3 spots, to 6 spots.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Quote Originally Posted by AGPEcko View Post
    I'm getting pretty tired of seeing all the comotion about the stims/kits.
    Having 6-8 items in your inventory is completely arbitrary when it comes to wanting to heal up. (for SL players, 8 if you often use nanos).
    Now, it's streamlined, which is a wonderful thing.

And after looking at Edta's thread (very very quickly, didn't want to catch anything) I noticed something about rolling. Why on earth would you want to roll the old style ones? The new ones generally heal 2x-5x as much as the old ones, with less lockout on the +nano portion.

So glad for the stims and kits update. My MA's inventory has opened up from 3 spots, to 6 spots.
    Hint: put all these items in a backpack, but the backpack on a hotbar, open it all the time. You can also put items with a "on use" function in here (e.g. totw rings). I do keep my hp stims in inventory to put them on hotbar for quick use.

I love the idea of merging SL and RK stims, it's a great idea, but pretty much the only good thing in these changes. Once this would be done 3-4 slots is enough which should be doable. The current changes actually mean you need old nano, old hp and new recharges, since you can't use the new ones when in battle, so that's still 4 slots.

The reason I talk about rolling is that new players don't have spare money to pay the extra credits the new stims cost. Funcom's solution seems to be to get the old ones from missions, which is not realistic in my opinion.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Hint: put all these items in a backpack, but the backpack on a hotbar, open it all the time. You can also put items with a "on use" function in here (e.g. totw rings). I do keep my hp stims in inventory to put them on hotbar for quick use.
    Open it all the time? I would much rather just put the ones from my inventory onto my hotbar directly.

I love the idea of merging SL and RK stims, it's a great idea, but pretty much the only good thing in these changes. Once this would be done 3-4 slots is enough which should be doable. The current changes actually mean you need old nano, old hp and new recharges, since you can't use the new ones when in battle, so that's still 4 slots.
    Not only merging SL and RK, but merging HP and Nano too. It was pretty make-work to have to use 2 different kits that require the EXACT SAME CONDITIONS. All in all, it's more streamline, it just makes sense.
    "Since you can't use the new ones when in battle,"
    You couldn't use the old ones in combat either, why the hate?

The reason I talk about rolling is that new players don't have spare money to pay the extra credits the new stims cost. Funcom's solution seems to be to get the old ones from missions, which is not realistic in my opinion.
    The lower QL ones don't hardly cost much anyhow. I haven't crunched any numbers but... (at lower QL's) are they even cheaper than buying HP and Nano kits separately?
    I know I know... it's been so long since I was a new player I've forgotten how tough it was. Yeah well, there was expensive things back when I started too.

And before you say it, I know what you meant to say. The team as a whole must be out of combat, not just yourself.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast