Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 18.4.8 Update Release Notes

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Thats what we do when we do it as org/coop. But since you go with zerg bots the only thing you see is the zergling easy mode
    I've never raided sector 42 with a zergbot. I only raid 42 on mondays with org and our coop friends. And we're usualy around 10-15 players pr. side. Still nothing to it.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Oct 5th, 2011 at 09:38:07.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    New Content:
    • Basic Cloak is now properly a Back item and not a Head item.
    Will this tradeskill and into what ?
    Last edited by Aimzor; Oct 5th, 2011 at 14:16:47. Reason: Sneak...
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I've never raided sector 42 with a zergbot. I only raid 42 on mondays with org and our coop friends. And we're usualy around 10-15 players pr. side. Still nothing to it.
    Then you either dont care or dont know how things can get hairy in there. I dont wanna see that hard hitter with hellish AR with ever more inits than they have right now. And also we will be ever more dependance of crats after that... And then all end game raids will be impossible w/o crat+zerg. ;D
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

To be honest I like raids where I get to socialize with more people. I just wished that:

A) the endgame expansions content scaled well enough to make it still challenging with a bigger group, like how you can bring an RI full of froobs to Mercs or Hollow Island and still not be bored to sleep.

B) we had a slightly bigger active population to make bigger/harder raids possible on a regular basis.

/2 cents
    :E

Then you either dont care or dont know how things can get hairy in there. I dont wanna see that hard hitter with hellish AR with ever more inits than they have right now. And also we will be ever more dependance of crats after that... And then all end game raids will be impossible w/o crat+zerg. ;D
    just means you need to kill one more pat than you normally do before crossing the fence o-o

the ac doesnt hit nearly as hard or as fast or kills as many people as seekers. so i really dont see the problem with buffing ac or pat inits. it'll only make it harder for scrubs that can't do it now who won't be able to do it in the future either. those that dont wipe now won't wipe with the new inits. if anything it'll make it harder for the zergs where people are used to /follow /afk /tell bot !points as opposed to smaller coops where people know wtf to do.

We sometimes have 4 heavy patrollers on us because ... why bother killing them? They're not a threat. The only hairy part is when everyone's suddenly in a cocoon... regular mobs and their damage are not a threat.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

We sometimes have 4 heavy patrollers on us because ... why bother killing them? They're not a threat. The only hairy part is when everyone's suddenly in a cocoon... regular mobs and their damage are not a threat.
    Try 4 pats w/o a crat ;P Nobody bother to kill then because they have way to much HP. But they hit so freaking fast when not debuffed (like TEP), they hit 3k+ and they dont miss at all ;P

Dont come to say a raid is soo freaking easy right now just because you are 220/30/70 in full alphas (well, I am, but I was that gimp in persisting not long ago) Things should be doable with average ppl, not hardcore mofos only. S42 is current doable only for: hardcore mofos, 1 zergbot. Some players doesnt ever dream about raid s42.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Old "Throw Snowball" nanos may now be used on players, new snowball nano now has a cast and hit effect.
    My idea! Thats cool, <3

Hope they make more stims, battleprepared ones aswell. It adds action to combat. Should be cheap tho.

Things should be doable with average ppl, not hardcore mofos only. S42 is current doable only for: hardcore mofos, 1 zergbot. Some players doesnt ever dream about raid s42.
    The fact of the matter is that it is doable with average ppl, u just need more of them. To scale the "hardest" raid ingame to suit 2 teams of average ppl would make it too easy for the hardcore ones.
    NO U

Try 4 pats w/o a crat ;P Nobody bother to kill then because they have way to much HP. But they hit so freaking fast when not debuffed (like TEP), they hit 3k+ and they dont miss at all ;P

Dont come to say a raid is soo freaking easy right now just because you are 220/30/70 in full alphas (well, I am, but I was that gimp in persisting not long ago) Things should be doable with average ppl, not hardcore mofos only. S42 is current doable only for: hardcore mofos, 1 zergbot. Some players doesnt ever dream about raid s42.
    I'm not in full alphas etc., and we sometimes bring a lvl 200 fixer to root/snare the seekers. And we likely do it without crats too. And no, nobody bothers to kill them, not because they have so much HP, anymore, but because they don't pose an actual threat.

And no, I don't believe that Sector 42 should be doable by average joes, just off the street. I'm not sorry for thinking that there should be difficult encounters that only elite players are capable of defeating.
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm not sorry for thinking that there should be difficult encounters that only elite players are capable of defeating.
    Elitist jerk! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    Elitist jerk! >.<
    Yep. I like having something to work towards. Presently there's pretty much nothing like that in AO, and it's making me lose interest
    The Red Brotherhood

Wasnt there supposed to be a patch today?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Coming Soon™

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

// Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Please fix wolf form! Nanocasting looks retarded, and my Name is on the middle of my back!
    NO U

What was wrong with the Cama Sanctuary quest? I got that key just a couple weeks ago and had no problems whatsoever.

AO won't let me log on now. Unable to get the InfoObject from the resource database. If this happens every time yo ustart AO, there is a good chance that your isntallation is corrupt. Please try reinstalling the game.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?
    Life without you is such a drag.

Lots of good changes, thanks alot My oncly concern is regarding the stims and kit changes, where I agree alot with the post by Edta below.

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    I think there is some nice things in these patch notes but...

I think this is a mistake. With the rechargers I can live, but there is several issues with the new stims:

1. Healing both hp and nano takes away a tactical choice. Is this done in an attempt to simplify AO? This is definitely not the right approach because a) you don't need to simplify, that would be a big mistake (explaining AO better could be nice though) and b) everybody knows the difference between a mana potion and a health potion.
    Combining all stims into one single stim reminds me a bit to this RPG where all keys have been combined to spacebar. It's great fun for 5 min because the simplification is so overdone. But you don't want to oversimplify AO and you do want for people to play AO more than 5 min.
    This actually also applies (but to a lesser extend) to the rechargers, especially the debuff removing part on them.
    The skill to play a game like AO is a rather abstract thing. I would say it comes down to a) positioning and b) knowing and assessing when to use what nano/perk/special attack/item. You are giving the 'item' part a HUGE beating with these reworked stims and rechargers. I don't believe moving away from skill-based gameplay to setup based gameplay is the right approach.

2. Prices for new stims are outrageous. There is plenty of people with lack of credits, especially newbies. The shop is where newbies look for stuff. With about 600 First Aid old stims cost about 5 credit/hp to heal and new ones cost about 140 credit/hp. That's an increase of about 2800%! I do understand you want a credit sink. In that case you should design these to be only used by elitists/veterans/rich people and keep the old ones to be used by others. The massive difference in power and the fact that you want to remove old ones from the shops indicates that this is not how they are designed. Maybe they are designed to scare away more newbies with high prizes ?

3. More hp and nano healing is not needed. More nano might be good when we get The Rebalance. More hp might be good to make pvp last longer. Fact is that The Rebalance is not there yet AND that these also work in pvm. I don't think the extra hp/nano is justified!
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by advai View Post
    AO won't let me log on now. Unable to get the InfoObject from the resource database. If this happens every time yo ustart AO, there is a good chance that your isntallation is corrupt. Please try reinstalling the game.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ght=InfoObject

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast