Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Friday with Means - Sept. 23rd, 2011: Initiative Data

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    so you actually turn down RL stuff to stare at offline servers on patch day ?
    In my expirience the patch does not last all day. And I'm usually at work when they start patching, so i don't have to wait several hours to get online when the game is patched. However, some RL stuff do take all day.

This patch is kinda huge with the BS fixes + DB3 etc. DB3 is especialy cool IMO, and it would be fun to try it out before someone has figured it out, and tells you the trick on how to do it.

There you go. My reasoning for making plans to play AO for half a day.

EDIT: :O 1h(ish) down time! Im not even home from work yet i guess i dont have to wait at all then.
    Last edited by Joralf; Oct 6th, 2011 at 15:27:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Joralf View Post
    and it would be fun to try it out before someone has figured it out, and tells you the trick on how to do it.
    Sorry to spoil your moment, but we already did it on test during the contest, more or less, not sure how much extra adjustments they did since.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamon View Post
    Sorry to spoil your moment, but we already did it on test during the contest, more or less, not sure how much extra adjustments they did since.
    I know it was done on test and creds to you. To my knowledge there where one team who managed to do it and one team who tried and failed, but put inn enough effort to be mentioned. By now there is probably a few more people that have managed to kill it. However, the likelihood of me being in team with those, the first time I try DB3, is very little. Because I intend to put together/join a guild team when i go there for the first time. So far no one in my guild (to my knowledge) has done DB3 on test.

Give it one day on live. Join a team, and there is probably someone in that team that "knows how its done". I never had any hopes of being in the first team to be able to kill it, but i do want to try it out, without anyone telling me "first you need to do this, then you need to do that".

My moment is not spoiled until I log on; make a guild team and someone says "On the first part of this fight we need to do this and that". This is more likely to happen today though, because I don't know if I can be online when the servers go up.

nice job removing the init cap... i said before i would wait before saying anything, well now im saying something, but it would get removed due to profanity, so I won't bother.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

AO won't let me log on now. Unable to get the InfoObject from the resource database. If this happens every time yo ustart AO, there is a good chance that your isntallation is corrupt. Please try reinstalling the game.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?
    Life without you is such a drag.

Quote Originally Posted by advai View Post
    AO won't let me log on now. Unable to get the InfoObject from the resource database. If this happens every time yo ustart AO, there is a good chance that your isntallation is corrupt. Please try reinstalling the game.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?
    Well... did ya try reinstalling the game like it told you to?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    This ranks high among the most useless advice given on a forum so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    nice job removing the init cap... i said before i would wait before saying anything, well now im saying something, but it would get removed due to profanity, so I won't bother.
    I've been catching up on Vampire Diaries so haven't been in game.. what mob(s) did you kill that proved to be an issue post-patch?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I've been catching up on Vampire Diaries so haven't been in game.. what mob(s) did you kill that proved to be an issue post-patch?
    only had time to test out vortexx and db2 before i had to leave (at work eating a sammich atm).

vortexx isnt slowed down much at all by crat debuffs anymore (due to having multiple attacks like weapon, weapon specials, martial arts attack), so expect prices on right wrist and eye symbs to go up, along with everything else that drops there (more money for me i suppose).

aune however is still greatly effected by crat debuffs, but not quite as much as before, so its no longer a yawn fest, which is really nice i think (also love the stun before warp, such a nice improvement).

I've yet to do collector, or beast, or 12man, or any other endgame encounter since patch, but I can definitely see some things changing, and crats feeling like they've been nerfed just a bit, or a whole lot. hopefully having enfo in collector wont be mandatory now to tank, but if so, im not complaining i guess.

my rage in my last post was probably after getting wtf pwned by vortexx so quickly, even with him fully debuffed he hit like he was on speed. my QQ certainly won't be the last though. expect more of them as people log on and try to do stuff after work.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Oct 6th, 2011 at 18:34:06.

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Vortexx sounds like a nice change. Last time i did it, i didnt have to cast a single heal on my doc.

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    Vortexx sounds like a nice change. Last time i did it, i didnt have to cast a single heal on my doc.
    why bring a doc ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

only had time to test out vortexx and db2 before i had to leave (at work eating a sammich atm).

vortexx isnt slowed down much at all by crat debuffs anymore (due to having multiple attacks like weapon, weapon specials, martial arts attack), so expect prices on right wrist and eye symbs to go up, along with everything else that drops there (more money for me i suppose).

aune however is still greatly effected by crat debuffs, but not quite as much as before, so its no longer a yawn fest, which is really nice i think (also love the stun before warp, such a nice improvement).

I've yet to do collector, or beast, or 12man, or any other endgame encounter since patch, but I can definitely see some things changing, and crats feeling like they've been nerfed just a bit, or a whole lot. hopefully having enfo in collector wont be mandatory now to tank, but if so, im not complaining i guess.

my rage in my last post was probably after getting wtf pwned by vortexx so quickly, even with him fully debuffed he hit like he was on speed. my QQ certainly won't be the last though. expect more of them as people log on and try to do stuff after work.
    Nevertheless Means will probably continue to refer to them as 'Overpowered Crat Debuffs'
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

crats feeling like they've been nerfed just a bit, or a whole lot.
    But this isn't a nerf to crats at all.. it's a boost to the mobs. The boost makes the mobs just as extra scary against all other profs..

Crat debuffs now take them from hard (and yes I support level 300 endgame bosses being hard) to medium instead of from medium to easy. Crats will still be just as, if not more, necessary in teams.

Crats should have their debuffs nerfed hardcore ages ago
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

much like LE nukes ^^

I'm sure you agree, and so does the blank key on your keyboard where a "1" used to be

Of course I do. You will see that in many threads all over. There's also not a single LE nuke on any of my hotbars.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

much like LE nukes ^^

I'm sure you agree, and so does the blank key on your keyboard where a "1" used to be
    Siggy material.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I've yet to do collector, or beast, or 12man, or any other endgame encounter since patch, but I can definitely see some things changing
    I'm thinking that pande with stacks and stacks of adds might be a little more intense as a tank, but I don't really know yet. I hope so

hopefully having enfo in collector wont be mandatory now to tank, but if so, im not complaining i guess.
    If you do the "tank in the corner" thing I can't see that you'd need an enforcer really, in a good team. I haven't felt like collector hits very hard or very often even without debuffs. An agent in fp or any evadey-tank-damage person will be ok to tank there still, I think.

my rage in my last post was probably after getting wtf pwned by vortexx so quickly, even with him fully debuffed he hit like he was on speed.
    This might be bad news for people farming/selling loot like you said, but maybe it will encourage more regular teaming, and it might end up being better for the game in the long run. Sooooooo many people I have met have problems getting teams for things like Vortexx it's kind of sad.

*waiting on lft for a invite :x*
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789