Thread: [Atlantean] Player-driven event list

[Atlantean] Player-driven event list

This forum thread will list up the currently running player-driven RP events / stories, as well as those starting in the (near) future. This way you can update yourself on the current running stories / characters when you see one of the IC contacts (in Channel42 / vicin), as well as contact the OOC Contacts when you want to get involved.

1. Cult of the Three Winds
    OOC Contacts: Leileena
    IC Contacts: Jent

Story: A cultist reverend spreading the truth of the Immortal One and protecting the Temple from the Unbeliever

2. Paranoid Employee
    OOC Contacts: Leileena
    IC Contacts: Harice

Story: A paranoid and slightly delusional fixer who feels like revealing the "truth" about his employer, Omni-Tek

3. AI Research
    OOC Contacts: Sekzybeast
    IC Contacts: Playboyfixer <Missing In Action>

Story: Roaming around Rubi-Ka, trying to find the real reasons why the Kyr'Ozch are invading Rubi-Ka. Current theories state that the Kyr'Ozch come here for the notum, either as a foodsource, a drug, or something to upgrade themselves with. Involves farming up random alien items, as well as investigating the notum / novictum, crosscontaminating AI technology with notum, ... .
    Also involves getting to know more about the thinking patterns of Kyr'Ozch, their military ranks, their language, technology, ...

4. Xan - Dust Brigade research
    IC Contacts: Playboyfixer <Missing In Action>

Story: Researching the connection between Rubi-Ka and Shadowlands, as well as the alphabet of the Xan, Xan history, what part Ergo and the Beast plays in this, the motives of the Dust Brigade, as well as the Omegas, ...
    In a small part investigating if the Aliens have any interest in Shadowlands technology or just the novictum from it.

5. ChitChat Magazine
    IC Contacts: Omnylover (not created yet), Demeanor, Typwriter

Story: Gossip magazine branched out into many small hidden printing offices to prevent easy detection (offices in cities of all factions, as well out in the wild), they scour gridsites, public broadcasts, radio channels, personal conversations and even glances of people seen together to write up stories that bring in the cash. Their motto: "Bringing you the truth as it is". Their secret motto: "if it sells, print it!" They'll often twist the truth, and even add fictional facts to strenghten a story, so it'll sell lots of copies. Secretly led by Head Editor Playboyfixer.

Last edited by playboyfixer; Jan 20th, 2012 at 23:58:59.
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

6. The Leetles
    OOC Contacts: Agrestus (through forum PM)
    IC Contacts: Paulon, Johnar, Georj or Morninn

Story: The famous band has returned to Rubi-Ka and are conducting a series of tours and performances across the planet. Consisting of band members Paulon McPhasefront, Johnar Lemon, Georj Hairyson and Mornin Starr, The Leetles are often seen as a light-hearted comedy RP encounter

7. Black-Net
    IC Contacts: Dartello

Story: An underground network of criminal hackers, thieves and mafioso, the organisation was clamped by Omni-Tek forces and driven into history. Though, rumour has it that some survived. Have they returned?

8. The Rival Universities
    IC Contacts: Alastaire, Cormack, Farkbark

Story: Two universities have recently emerged into the public eye. The University of Borealis, a long standing prestigious university with the motto "We're so good, you'll probably never get in anyway" is seen as a hated rival by Mort Community Collage, infamous for it's rather opposite motto "There's always Hope". The universities aim to research various aspects of Rubi-Ka in an entertaining RP environment to engage new and old players alike.

9. Cerulean Company
    IC Contacts: Zacchaeus, Teffler

Story: A small ragtag bunch of clan mercenaries, eager to one day be a huge thorn in Omni-Tek's side. Right now though, they're far more likely to end up drunk and disorderly and in dangerous and humorous misfortune.

10. Department Of Investigations
    IC Contacts: Validius, Streller, Farndale

Story: Comically politically incorrect in almost every way, the Department of Investigations are infamous for cutting corners for their investigative work for Omni-Pol - yet annoyingly achieving impressive results. Covering forensics, murder investigations, drug raids and other cases, the DoI are a must for any murder mystery event.

Last edited by playboyfixer; Jan 21st, 2012 at 00:14:30.
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    Story: Gossip magazine branched out into many small hidden printing offices to prevent easy detection
    ((I will find you, oh, yes.....*maniacal laughter*))
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

((*bump* updated with number 6-10, and updated contacts on some other ones))
    Last edited by playboyfixer; Jan 21st, 2012 at 00:14:48.

stickying this, though it would be nice if at some point you could format it so both dimensions could use it (saves forum space!)

i don't get any info form RK2, so don't know if anything goes on there. If there is i can add it (they'll have to send me a forum PM with the info though, as i stop playing tomorrow)

I can feel mostly confidant and tell you that all live RP has ceased with the bulks of us on rk2 who organized it, including our alts and most of the orgs that had RP'd with us. This includes all but possibly one of us from the RPchat administration team. If there is RP going on outside of our circle, then we are not aware of it.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I was surprised to see this. Pleasantly surprised! I'm an old RPGer and, although I haven't RPed in AO in many years time, I recently reactivated and would like to get into it again if there was a possibility to, if only to try it out a little bit.

I see this thread (and perhaps RP in general) has been inactive for a long time, but now that the servers have been merged and all active RPers (few though they may be) are on the same server, it seems to me the time for RP should be better now than it has been in a long time, perhaps several years. Something to think about?
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

This list should probably be unstickied and replaced with http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=604856

Much more up to date and with an active RPer maintaining it.
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

Agreed Agrestus. And done.