Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 9th, 2011 - Who will be first?

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    this gives the testserver hermits and social outcasts time to type up a guide to post on ao-u before the instance hits live. this way the masses of sheeple on live can turn their brains off and follow a guide instead of playing with the instance and exploring it on their own.
    I like you! Between the 2 of us, now almost every player will be expecting a "guide" on he new instance!
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

wow a new instance.. now when it hits live on our servers we get something to do for 2-3 days!!!! wOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!!! OMG!!!!

DB2 hit live without there being a guide for it, and I was in the team who got the first kill. It was great fun as there were multiple teams going for the first kill, and a lot of secrecy going about it.

So why can't this be done with DB3?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

By giving incentive to do the testing (carrot in front of the horse's mouth), they can test it better with more people doing it. Better to test it on the properly named test dimention than find bugs on live.

And btw, they'd likely give out some social gear for this as giving out actual stat producing gear wouldn't be fair.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc View Post
    By giving incentive to do the testing (carrot in front of the horse's mouth), they can test it better with more people doing it. Better to test it on the properly named test dimention than find bugs on live.

And btw, they'd likely give out some social gear for this as giving out actual stat producing gear wouldn't be fair.

Oh sorry, I didn't know I had to bug test as well as pay for the game itself.

My bad.
    Last edited by Alternity; Sep 9th, 2011 at 16:33:15.
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

no one told you that you had to go out and test for bugs, all means is saying is that there is a contest going on testlive. which is where this dungeon is currently, and they would like to stress test it before it goes to live.
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post

My bad.
    It's not like they are forcing you. I'm guessing there'll be plenty of people on test for this, could be interesting
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Thing is, realease of an instance is one of the rare fun moment we have left in this game, and especially with something like a contest which is a great idea... but on live server.

I want to discover/raid it with my org, on our server... not with random people in an empty world.
    Baja69 220/30 Doc ¤¤ Bajaka 220/30 Keeper ¤¤ Nabella 220/30 Crat ¤¤ Baja 220/30 Enf ¤¤ Warlouz 220/30 Shade ¤¤ Carlouche 165/23 Fix ¤¤ Papa 150/18 Doc ¤¤ Grosbaja 90/9 Trad
    Spartans

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    no one told you that you had to go out and test for bugs, all means is saying is that there is a contest going on testlive. which is where this dungeon is currently, and they would like to stress test it before it goes to live.

Yeah because having a contest as the carrot, on a server a lot people have issues connecting onto is the way to go? Last time there was a "stress test" it was instanced pande iirc, and well my Org went "meh can't be bothered getting that to work"

Patch the instance to live for a limited period of time, conduct the contest and have a stress test with a vastly larger playerbase. This here is just nonsense.

Nice idea Cant believe people are crying... I guess people will whine about anything ya? Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.
    I won't be there because I'll be working but I do like the idea of giving incentive to people who take time out of their day to help test the game and make sure it hits live bug free.

Or just ignore it. You can be the first on live to finish it. Who cares, if it doesn't count for you on test, then why bother
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post

My bad.
    The DB2 instance was patched multiple times after it went live. In fact there is an adjustment based on player feedback inside that instance in this update (a brief stun before/after the warp to prevent falling). To avoid multiple changes to the instance after it goes live we need more testing and therefore more testers...if that means we need to offer incentives to get the help we need to deliver a more polished/balanced product we are open to trying it. You certainly don't have to participate and perhaps I should have explained better why we are running this little event.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The DB2 instance was patched multiple times after it went live. In fact there is an adjustment based on player feedback inside that instance in this update (a brief stun before/after the warp to prevent falling). To avoid multiple changes to the instance after it goes live we need more testing and therefore more testers...if that means we need to offer incentives to get the help we need to deliver a more polished/balanced product we are open to trying it. You certainly don't have to participate and perhaps I should have explained better why we are running this little event.
    Trust me I won't be joining the event. Busy sitting on kitehill leveling 3 alts, in anticipation of engine, rebalance & and new endgame raid zone

*shrug*

When will the proposed prizes be in the in-game store?

Quote Originally Posted by sultryv0ltron View Post
    Is it another dual logged loot farm?

Crat/Keeper probably killing it as we speak.
    Lol, a social t-shirt perhaps that says "I bent over the new AO instance with my 2-man team even before it could hit live...and all I got was this t-shirt!"
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Maybe I'm being a bastard, but wasn't there a time when Friday with Means actually had interesting info and behind the scenes discussions? Now, it really feels like he's phoning it in... on his iPhone!

I apologize for seeming ungrateful, since he could just end these posts completely. But I do remember looking forward to these posts in the past. Now, not so much.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Since I still get the launcher for the Test Dimension occasionly that wants me to patch up (and this box never has seen the Test Server) and the failure isn't solved yet, I guess I won't be on Test for a while - happy if I make it w/o troubles on the live server... :P
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

Tho I am interested in knowing if DB3 adds a buff similar to DB1/2 and 12man, staking is fun

Quote Originally Posted by Thaylia View Post
    Since I still get the launcher for the Test Dimension occasionly that wants me to patch up (and this box never has seen the Test Server) and the failure isn't solved yet, I guess I won't be on Test for a while - happy if I make it w/o troubles on the live server... :P
    what type of problem is it? because Eponyx posted a way around it?
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

BTW the test server is down at the moment for patching in

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Test Live Patch Notes: 18.4.8.5

DM TL changes
    • The Alien Pods should now be spawning in various levels balanced for level 200+ players.

Live Content
    • New Stims and Rechargers is now available in the shops, they can be used in both RK and SL, please report if you looted these items off of a monster/npc!
    • Attempting to tradeskill a stack should now give proper feedback
    • Everyone able to go into APF is now offered to take the alien team daily mission in APF sectors
    • Urns for the Scheol quest now respawns properly every minute or so
    • Basic Cloak is now properly a Back item and not a Head item
    • Mr.Squeaky Lantern + Screwdriver should now work properly
    • Old snowball nanos can now be used on players, new snowball nano now has a cast and hit effect
    • OFAB Adventurer Protective Gear now requires same skills as the rest of the OFAB Adventurer gear
    • Lower Level Adventurer Lick Wounds Nano Line no longer gives an error msg when uploading it
    • Fixed an exploit
    • Fixed various typos

i tried to log on to test server but it shows rimor and atlantean as possible servers :/
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast