Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Friday with Means - September 9th, 2011 - Who will be first?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    So it's the medical equivalent of "A box of <insert ammunition type here>" ?
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=593600
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Here's an idea: Test Live Froob Accounts. This way the non-Froobs can quit complaining about paying and testing, and there'd be more testers. No, wait, TROLL AGRO INCOMING!
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Having things that require about -500 nanoskills to prevent casting would mean traders, agents, and MPs have a nice little roll in pvm.
    How curious, just what Mr. Kintaii told us was game disrupting and what all the debuff nerf is about.

There will be no little roll in pvm for those classes, unless they make their damage uber and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    How curious, just what Mr. Kintaii told us was game disrupting and what all the debuff nerf is about.

There will be no little roll in pvm for those classes, unless they make their damage uber and reliable.
    Usually Madmax is way to angry and qq. But now he's only saying the truth. QFT
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Traders, agents and MP's being DD'ers? Blasphemy!
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Considering the first boss you encounter is the most extreme melee hate since DB2 was introduced, you might want to wait on bringing along that enforcer or any other melee toon until the crat+doc+sold finish him off
    So.. what do you mean by melee hate?
    "You'll need to be on the ball" or "You might as well re-roll ranged advy now" heh.

{Editted by Haquihana - Profanity removed}
    Last edited by Haquihana; Sep 14th, 2011 at 19:00:52.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    So.. what do you mean by melee hate?
    "You'll need to be on the ball" or "You might as well re-roll ranged advy now" heh.
    he means that when stuff happens, you have less room to avoid it, but at the same time you dont need to move as much as ranged.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Sep 16th, 2011 at 14:29:11. Reason: quoted too much
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Doesn't need to be all bosses, but bosses that matter I can NSD the big essence thing in collector but what does that matter when the only things that really die there are the pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    he means that when stuff happens, you have less room to avoid it, but at the same time you dont need to move as much as ranged.
    You have to stay near the middle to outside, too far for melee to hit, because of maintaining the buffs and avoiding the fire. The room is not really designed to "pull back" the view properly to make it slightly more manageable either, at least not when I tried.

Melee professions rely on regular hits/constant perking for most of their damage as well, meaning this first boss which forces melee professions to constantly leave attack range puts melee professions at a severe disadvantage. To be honest though, I do not see a way to design that room which does not make it so difficult on melee.
    Last edited by Gatester; Sep 14th, 2011 at 22:51:07.

Not that an MP would get any team in there.
    i see the instance fully doable with an MP in team. even 2
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    i see the instance fully doable with an MP in team. even 2
    I think the issue is without the 2 MP's it would be the same.

AO pvm is still really only for 4 classes out of 13 possible, and clearly Funcom dont want to, or dont know how to undo this.

Doesn't need to be all bosses, but bosses that matter I can NSD the big essence thing in collector but what does that matter when the only things that really die there are the pets.

You have to stay near the middle to outside, too far for melee to hit, because of maintaining the buffs and avoiding the fire. The room is not really designed to "pull back" the view properly to make it slightly more manageable either, at least not when I tried.

Melee professions rely on regular hits/constant perking for most of their damage as well, meaning this first boss which forces melee professions to constantly leave attack range puts melee professions at a severe disadvantage. To be honest though, I do not see a way to design that room which does not make it so difficult on melee.
    I'm curious as to what the reasoning behind the idea that you must be able to stand still constantly and deal damage without having to move is.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567