Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notum wars: Ground combat vehicle

Lightbulb Notum wars: Ground combat vehicle

Got a little extra info on the ground vehicle.

First of all, it's not a tank or such. Some people seem to have gotten that impression.

What I gathered is: (disclaimer; this might change)
    - Technically it works like other vehicles; a morph, with buffs.
    - It will have offensive and defensive buffs and capabilities, including AC.
    - The vehicle is intended for ranged combat, not close combat.
    - It has a set (non buffable) speed.
    - The vehicle comes in several versions, each with its own special attack and buff numbers.

Ok, enough of a teaser for now.

Re: Notum wars: Ground combat vehicle

Originally posted by Cz

- It will have offensive and defensive buffs and capabilities, including AC.
    Sounds cool Cz, one question though. Are these buffs going to be inherent to the item, or will one of the vehicle oriented classes (Engineers, Fixers, Traders) be getting a line of buffs only castable on vehicles?

Or do you mean that the vehicle just buffs certain stats?
    Johnny "Hydeo" Toxic
    Level 212 Fixer
    Veteran of Midnight Reveries
    Horrible Person

Originally posted by Cz
    First of all, it's not a tank or such. Some people seem to have gotten that impression.
    Well.... If you can fight from it and get AC + other buffs... then I would dare to call it a "tank" anyway
    Maybe not as powerfull as a normal tank but anyway

(well.... tank idea... BIG ac boost with a very slow speed )
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

Hydeo, I don't think there are plans for nano lines usable on vehicles only. Cool idea though.

I meant the vehicle will have modifiers (bonuses and penalties) that are activated on equipping it (line the flying and run speed boost on a yalm).

And ranged capabilities not unlike the capabilities of the Omni-Tek Gunship?

Combat vehicles would probably be nice to have guarding notum-mining towers from attack. Give the vehicles' weapons a good range as well; I hope the weaponry isn't designed with the penetration-power of an average peashooter.

I don't suppose the ground combat vehicles can be customized as well? (In the sense of altering their abilities, not just the paintjob)
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Thanks Cz, feel free to credit me when you use it
    Johnny "Hydeo" Toxic
    Level 212 Fixer
    Veteran of Midnight Reveries
    Horrible Person

Cz, will ranged weaponry skills be required to equip and/or attack with the combat vehicles, since they are ranged-attack oriented?

How will the vehicle 'attack rating' be determined?

Will buffs on the user stack with the vehicle buffs?

Will we be able to execute nanoprograms while in the vehicle?

I'm guessing that not every profession is going to be equally adept at utilizing the new vehicles... will there be options for professions with poor ranged weaponry skills and/or poor vehicle ground skills?

I suggest strongly that another Full IPR period is implemented for everyone during the first two weeks that the booster is live. This will give us the chance to adjust our characters to the new features and items.

Thanks

Oh, PS - can you update the sticky thread with some of this information, and maybe some other things you might be able to release?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

My 2 cents.

Too much of the game revolves around adjusting the stat numbers. I'd prefer new abilities and effects to be brought into the game. So all that a vehicle is going to be is a buff of some kind. It's hard to get excited about that.

Having so many different ways to augment skills cheapens the importance of the underlying base skills and leads to many loopholes that must be patched later. In the end they add little to the gameplay. The player's skills get increased which then causes an increase in mob hit points and damage. Net result = no change.

Leave the stats alone. Instead add new ways for players to interact with the environment.

Wow Crin that was awesome!

I totally agree with Crin.

Smile Wow, is that pure insight I see??

Very will put Crin.
    Hat off to you

Fozzy

Fozzysan (164 Sol MA)
    200 imps rule!

Lordfozzy (er...um....lowbie Opifex Sol)
    um.....Lordfozzy sucks!

"The Bear will hunt you down and kill every last cell in your body, then he'll get mad!"-Fozzysan

Originally posted by Cz
    - It has a set (non buffable) speed.
    Does this mean that it doesn't come in different QLs so everyone will just buy the lowest possible Ql, like yalms?

/Yay, I'm a master of Vehicle Skills! What a boon.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

will the vehicles be full sized or shrunk down like current cars?
    if they are going to be shrunk can we reset the size of vehicles to a little bit bigger than they are now, not nessarly full sized (a real yalm is huge!) , but i dont want to be shooting at hot wheels from my matchbox if you know what i mean.

btw, i tottaly agree with crin

New vehicles, great.
    How about some new vehicle shops?

I'd like to see a vehicle shop with a variety of models and QLs. Can we expect something like this, or will we still be camping a 1vehicle-per-shop?
    ReetHead "Karrd"
    First to "hand make" Custom Refs.
    President of the late Fixer Coalition
    Member of Storm
    Impatiently waiting to enter the shadow

The vehicles and tower shop is on test right now with 14.6.01. Come on over and check them out, along with the new character creation (which it is pretty much unanimous.. IT ROCKS).

The cars and towers aren't in yet, but theres a display of a full size Yalmaha Adaga, several rotating poster boards (all over the cities too hehe) and even an NPC you can talk to who is busy putting in the shop terminals.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Originally posted by Karrd
    New vehicles, great.
    How about some new vehicle shops?

I'd like to see a vehicle shop with a variety of models and QLs. Can we expect something like this, or will we still be camping a 1vehicle-per-shop?
    It looks so much like an actual dealership, maybe they'll have a thousand cars to choose from too.

i really hope the new vehicles won't have such a BIG runspeed debuff as the current Omnitek Gunships do. otherwise we're again forced to find a fixer to give us GSF every time we want to actually chase down an opponent that is on foot.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Can you hurry up with that BP?

All the other games I am waiting for have been pushed back (how can they say "coming in summer, 2001" and not release the product until 2003?), so I am sure to stay on RK for a bit longer.
    Last edited by Maxtor 1-7; Oct 28th, 2002 at 02:42:33.

I AGREE!

I Agree with you Crin!

Originally posted by Crin
    My 2 cents.

Too much of the game revolves around adjusting the stat numbers. I'd prefer new abilities and effects to be brought into the game. So all that a vehicle is going to be is a buff of some kind. It's hard to get excited about that.

Having so many different ways to augment skills cheapens the importance of the underlying base skills and leads to many loopholes that must be patched later. In the end they add little to the gameplay. The player's skills get increased which then causes an increase in mob hit points and damage. Net result = no change.

Leave the stats alone. Instead add new ways for players to interact with the environment.
    A Life With No Life Is No Life at All

"will the vehicles be full sized or shrunk down like current cars? "

To make a full size vehicle you need to be a enf, use essence, mongo and a good challenger(a few size rings wouldn't hurt) , then get into vehiclee quickly. Will be huge and you certainly will get some attencion Only lasts for half a minute or so, but sure looks kool flying around in a yalm the size of half trade. need to be in 3rd person view to fully enjoy your size, looking at all those little ppl beside you.
    • Flixer Fixer with the urge to become even more Fashionable
    • Howitz Soldier in the making
    • Traineeer Retired old Legend(Critting was an art)
    • Eliteguard Enforcer and Proud of it
      Rubika A growing doc

All Proud members of Elements of Destruction Now Recruiting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast