Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Response to Means Q&A

Response to Means Q&A

Dude, you rock!

Nicely done.

And, kudo's to hecklers running away when gray... some stuff takes balls. well done!

And, also I think LOTS of us think you're doing a great job as game designer AND producer.

Always tryin gto do two jobs at once is very hard

Now please unban my main account

Yes great information. The 2nd last Q&A of the thread made me LOL'd hard

At least 5 months until rebalance? /wrists

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    At least its an estimate!

It's a complicated game... I'm impressed they have even dedicated some time to it.

Better than the results of a blind office vote coming through where the vote was unanimous:

FUTILE wins over REBALANCE

!!! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gliese View Post
    +1

I finished reading it 5 minutes ago and I'm still laughing
    Because Race Yalm

i still dont have no clue what are the main points of pvm-rebalance.
    its no rebalance anymore to me anymore, just new random nanos pulled out of the hat.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    /me notices TSW release date
    Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    +1

I finished reading it 5 minutes ago and I'm still laughing
    I read it and immediately started giggling so hard that my 63 year old mother demanded to know what was so funny. I think it would take too long to explain...
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

He did a pretty thorough job, well done. Sounds like there is a still a lot of work to be done and the rebalancing aspect seems to hold the potential to be downright disastrous (imo) but here is hoping they pull it off.

MEANS DIDNT ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOUT JOINING HIS STAR WARZ ORG H8888!!!1!

ya
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Very good answers. Thank you Means.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliese View Post
    Also this ^^

Yeah, lots of info !

(I would have loved an answer to my question though...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

What I'm wondering is if they'll ever take the time to undo the horror that is BLOB storage for characters :S should be a relatively simple matter to do the initial work, then of course rewriting all queries throughout the rest of the game becomes a horror. But.. performance and stability and usability would soar :O
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I still haven't finished reading it yet but by the look of it hands down. I guess this has shut complainers' mouths.
    Last edited by Scottik; Nov 18th, 2011 at 10:45:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I read it and immediately started giggling so hard that my 63 year old mother demanded to know what was so funny. I think it would take too long to explain...
    I read it at work and I'm still chuckling 8 hours later. Epic.

Yeah, kudos - great answers.

Kermaperuna
    220/28/70 | Solitus Engineer | Main
    |Atlantean|
    President of What's Left of Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Is CoH chest openable?

Not right now...but for the future...who knows. At this point when it DOES open it should be something pretty special 
    Keeper pull stone box! Stone box opening?! Stone Box SHIRT!!

Also, my workpalce would like to put in an offer on the AO website update, is there anywhere we can do that?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Great set of answers - thank you to Means for taking the time. And, still laughing. From when I read it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    should be a relatively simple matter to do the initial work, then of course rewriting all queries throughout the rest of the game becomes a horror.
    If it's a blob... they can't do queries at all.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    If it's a blob... they can't do queries at all.
    Whatever you call treating the data you get from that, then maybe it's stored outside the DB in memory when read and they use regexs to get data from it? Who knows! Streaming? How do inventories tie into it? Thousands of horrible questions arise.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Nov 18th, 2011 at 14:19:27.
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast