Thread: Recharge time of special attacks?

Recharge time of special attacks?

So how long does it take exactly for various special skills to recharge? (I.E. burst, full auto... ) Everything else tells you how long till you can use that skill again, but the special attacks don't.
    I'm presuming that it varies, so the question is, does it vary by your skill, or by you weapon, or both? (And if by weapon, what about fast attack and other melee attacks used with fists?)

Arrow

I believe *most* of them are a fixed time, but some may depend on your weapon...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

If the recharge times are set, why the heck dont' they tell you how long before you can use them again. And also, what the heck are they? I'm pretty sure my burst recovery time has gone down since I started using a Nova Flow, but is that because of my skill increase, or because of the weapon itself?

Different weapons have different inherent special recycle times.

Some people think skill affects recycle time, some don't. If it does, it doesn't affect it much.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Along with that question, If you're multi-weild shouldn't you get special attacks for each weapon.. 2 fling shots... burst, whatever... or the time inbetween be halved?
    ~Heaven just isn't hot enough, Burn me a light inside. Living my life's not hard enough, Take everything Away.~

I am a Neutral Evil Human Fighter Thief : Follower Of Cyric

Arrow

Nope, you only get one of each special. If it has to choose, it picks your primary weapon's special (which only matters for those that *are* affected by weapon).
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

brawl and dimach are not dependant on your weapon, all others are as far as i know. easy way to test it: equip a low ql ithaca, stop the time until fling/aimed recycles and try the same with a krutt/x-3. you will notice a difference however, i dont know of any way to predict how long a special attack will need to recycle on a given weapon.

Skill DOES affect the recyle time on at LEAST bursting. With the full IPR a while back I tested this for myself to know once and for all. I found that your skill in Burst AND Ranged Init had an effect on how long it takes for burst to recycle.

Here is a post a made back when I experimented with this:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=28901

Hmm, thanks Mz. With that I should be able to do some testing and linear fitting and determine the relationship between recharge on a weapon, BurstRec parameter on a weapon, and actual recycle time, as modified by RI/Burst.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.