Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clans and the tower wars.

hehe no wonder there is a warrant out for you for seditious type behavior.
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post
    Let me toss puzzle pieces up, just to see how they gonna fall...

1. Clans control most tower fields
    2. The ICC allows Clans to mine under condition that they sell the mined notum to Omni-Tek at pre-determined prices

I'd be curious to see what would happen if, ICly, Clans kept control of the notum towers but refused to mine them... That's not smuggling and nobody can say it's illegal either...

*grin*

Mmm'kay! Done tossin'...

Flow of Notum from Rubi-Ka begins to dwindle. All Industries that depend on Notum begin to suffer. Widespread Economic instability. The Corporations who are being sukerpunched by the Clans make up the ICC. Bureaucratic 'loop hole' is found which allows Omni-Tek to 'forcefully reopen the spigot'. A Sit and Hold Approach is in nobody best interest, especially the clans.

^^ Doesn't even touch on the Clan Specific economic repercussions of the removal of such an amount of wealth from the Clan economy which is dependent on Imports.

On second thought, do it.
    Last edited by Trousers; Sep 3rd, 2011 at 15:12:06. Reason: Provocation
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post
    Let me toss puzzle pieces up, just to see how they gonna fall...

1. Clans control most tower fields
    2. The ICC allows Clans to mine under condition that they sell the mined notum to Omni-Tek at pre-determined prices

I'd be curious to see what would happen if, ICly, Clans kept control of the notum towers but refused to mine them... That's not smuggling and nobody can say it's illegal either...

*grin*

Mmm'kay! Done tossin'...
    i already had such thoughts too and like alezander said, even doing it for a short while to bump up the prices we can get for it might be useful to talk bout in CoT ;D
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    i already had such thoughts too and like alezander said, even doing it for a short while to bump up the prices we can get for it might be useful to talk bout in CoT ;D
    Submit it to the agenda.
    Point Blank

Btw, it already happened before but nothing RP happened about it. Might as well take the occasion.

I'll be watching over neutral exports, but the ball is in your hands.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

I think omni-tek is more or less happy with the situation. As far as I know they control the notum export and can meet their contracts with their customers elsewhere. With a huge profit I suppose. There are even some benefits with clan deeply involved. Omni can decrease their working staff on Rubi-Ka and clan have to become more structural, as more like omni-tek. You cant run a business the rebellion way, there have to be directors, clerks and so on.

And, are we sure omni-tek isnt controling it anyway. It is a bit su****ious that clan suddenly is the "winner" without omni-tek seems to bother.

boltgun get ur ass online

and apparently half the neut sites are clan alts (placeholder sites). How will we RP that? my guess was neutrals that side with the clans, to get higher export prices, or cause they hate OT
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Bottom of that post got me grinning:

Last edited by Trousers; Yesterday at 10:12:06.. Reason: Provocation

I have a slight time out on my main account so i will use this one to post at the time.

I hope this discussion will have so to say a proper effect on the role playing community atleast, and if it would have a reprecussion in the game world it would be some much better.

It could revive the Notum Wars story line just abit, and perhaps make players feel as they impact the game world. Reading about something you have done in a editorial would give players the sense that their choices effect the world.

OT had taken note of the situation aparently. It had been on a relentless offensive for a days now. And much of its lost territory has been regain already.

yep, and clans slowly begin to fight back, so the struggle goes on. Good to have some friction going makes it interesting

From my point of view, Omni-Tek is losing billions of money by such situation. What at first started as a revolution, become clan domination over the market. Omni Cities aren't cheap to maintain, there is less workforce on market, so payment is bigger, thus this profit from notum mines (which are now in possesion of clan people) is lower day by day. I can imagine, that OT leaders should put some serious arguments (aka FORCE, army) to regain control over the land. If situation will continiue to be same as it is now, soon Omni-Tek will lose their power and support, and it can turn to the end of this great corporation. Ross called everyone to fight Aliens, but I think that was just propaganda, to make people see something else, then OT problem with notum fields and money.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    From my point of view, Omni-Tek is losing billions of money by such situation. What at first started as a revolution, become clan domination over the market. Omni Cities aren't cheap to maintain, there is less workforce on market, so payment is bigger, thus this profit from notum mines (which are now in possesion of clan people) is lower day by day. I can imagine, that OT leaders should put some serious arguments (aka FORCE, army) to regain control over the land. If situation will continiue to be same as it is now, soon Omni-Tek will lose their power and support, and it can turn to the end of this great corporation. Ross called everyone to fight Aliens, but I think that was just propaganda, to make people see something else, then OT problem with notum fields and money.
    It should be hurting them bad not to mention they still have to pay a what i guess should be VERY LARGE workforce for notum handling and shipping and all, while those people hardly got any notum left to work with.

Also saying "let's put those workers at work in another department (omni-pol, research, ...)" can't just happen, as you'd need to spend even more money to educate those workers into "how to do your new job", only to have the balance of towers shift again and pulling those workers out of their new jobs / education to work on notum again, and then move them out again to another job when you lose sites again

well. I kinda felt the urge to show what FC though of NW when it was released:
    heres a short quote, and rest of the info is linked
    Quote Originally Posted by Funcom
    "...Rubi-Ka is the only known source of notum, an element that holds the key to technology and progress. The galactic economy is defined by notum, and whoever controls the notum has acquired a solid foundation for ultimate power."
    says it all dont it?

http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...1005,1053,1067
    Last edited by Vickie; Oct 20th, 2011 at 19:25:05.

Vickie
    Sovieta, Seraph - Angel of the first order
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

" What on earth would our beloved, stinking, beautiful Europe have become without our dope fiends, drunkards, homosexuals, consumptives, madmen, syphilitics, bed-wetters, criminals, and epileptics? Our whole culture was created by invalids, lunatics, and felons."
    —Moment of Freedom- Jens Bjørneboe 1966

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123