Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Friday with Means - August 26th, 2011 - Tir work

For the most part, AO Classic would be attractive to all players as it was before. But there is other side of this game - addonds, which, basicly give more power, stuff, faster leveling - so what, that AO classics has better story, better design ect? I belive, that AO alone, w/o addons, in current times of fancy MMORPGS would be still good.

As it goes for GMS - there is NO reason (storywise) that Froobs should be blocked from GMS. I mean, its like insurance - a Technical feature of AO world, therefor all Rubi-Ka inhabitians should get acces to it.

I logged few days ago, saw ppl doing nothing (only few, tbh), and logged off - wtb old crowdy times, lag, and ppl playing this game
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Basic functionality you pay for most everywhere else though
    Right, first that and second I can't remember fully flavoured auction houses were "basic functionality" back in 2001. So those who blame classic AO for not having it should consider that.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

I hate the GMS, I hate the thought of a auction house! Why? I've been here since 2001, and one of my best early memories were players meeting to sell/buy items. We had regular places where you would travel and buy/sell items. Anyone remember selling stuff on OA Hill? In between the building walls there. Now that's prior to FC making OA a treehugging hippie town. Or selling buffs on the rock in Tir?

It is such little things that make the community interconnect, it is such interaction that makes the world feel like a living breathing MMO, and not a flat singleplayer RPG. I can't stand the new generation players who want to play MMORPGs as if they were a single-player game.

I don't understand why people want to make a game seam even less living and vibrant, I feel sad for those too young to have experienced AO of old, because it was truely a living world.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Basic functionality you pay for most everywhere else though
    That's true, but most other game trials have time, level, or currency restrictions that necessitate upgrade or leaving before the need to buy and sell goods becomes a huge issue. You think a level 10 noob in warhammer or level 20 noob in warcraft has a huge need to access the markets? No. But it takes froobs a long time to reach max level and many of them have no real plan to upgrade anyway. Staying froob forever is a viable way to play, staying level 10 etc, is not.

Besides which, froobs having access to GMS (both to buy and sell) benefits everyone. As a paid player you often come across items which are somewhat useless to other paid players. You can try selling on chat (time consuming and annoying) or hoping froobs will have paid people grab it for them (meh). But it would be better if froobs could buy directly. And on the other side, froobs spend much more time killing things that drop nanopograms and other legacy items that paid players still need.

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    Right, first that and second I can't remember fully flavoured auction houses were "basic functionality" back in 2001. So those who blame classic AO for not having it should consider that.
    We can't blame AO for not having fully functional auction house/store system in 2001, but we can blame FC for choosing to add it to an expansion rather than to the core game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    I hate the GMS, I hate the thought of a auction house! Why? I've been here since 2001, and one of my best early memories were players meeting to sell/buy items. We had regular places where you would travel and buy/sell items. Anyone remember selling stuff on OA Hill? In between the building walls there. Now that's prior to FC making OA a treehugging hippie town. Or selling buffs on the rock in Tir?

It is such little things that make the community interconnect, it is such interaction that makes the world feel like a living breathing MMO, and not a flat singleplayer RPG. I can't stand the new generation players who want to play MMORPGs as if they were a single-player game.

I don't understand why people want to make a game seam even less living and vibrant, I feel sad for those too young to have experienced AO of old, because it was truely a living world.
    Spamming various chat channels with goods and requests was neither a valuable social interaction nor a fun use of gametime.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

You're so angry lol
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Angry? Hardly. Since my subscription lapsed 13 months ago I have achieved the state of trollvana.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    Angry? Hardly. Since my subscription lapsed 13 months ago I have achieved the state of trollvana.
    It's trolling if you actually play, it's obsessive anger if you don't.

I'm pretty sure you can troll without playing. I'll have to consult Kintaii on that.

Funcom employee

Can't post on the forums without an active account, though - It's in the rules.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

What bout froobs? They can?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Active != paid

That's unfortunate part of the thing. Almost no barrier to keep non-paying failgang people with extra QQ off the forums.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Can't post on the forums without an active account, though - It's in the rules.
    Seems that several people manage to do that still.

Lots of non-paying/playing people post on the forums. I have never seen a more scattered and inconsistent message board. Some froobs can post, some can't. Some "unpaid" people can post, some can't. Big difference between canceled account and a non-paid account.

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    lots of non-paying/playing people post on the forums. I have never seen a more scattered and inconsistent message board. Some froobs can post, some can't. Some "unpaid" people can post, some can't. Big difference between canceled account and a non-paid account.
    qft.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345