Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - August 26th, 2011 - Tir work

I won't bother about the graphics engine comment this week, but means, could I please ask for a comment on whether or not we might see a 'Buy Directly from GMS terminal' system in the near-ish future? Or will flying to destinations always be apart of the game?
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Quote Originally Posted by AGPEcko View Post
    I won't bother about the graphics engine comment this week, but means, could I please ask for a comment on whether or not we might see a 'Buy Directly from GMS terminal' system in the near-ish future? Or will flying to destinations always be apart of the game?
    Adding to AGPEcko's excellent request, whether buying directly from the terminal or flying out to the location, froob access to GMS should be mandatory. Paid players are only able to sell through their shops to other paid players. That's a severe design flaw.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Adding to AGPEcko's excellent request, whether buying directly from the terminal or flying out to the location, froob access to GMS should be mandatory. Paid players are only able to sell through their shops to other paid players. That's a severe design flaw.
    Not really, it's a reason to upgrade.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Well, if you believe, that you can force someone to do it, than it is. It seems like FC have same believes. For me it looks more like reason to leave.
    Dragocz RK1

Froobs not being able to search GMS and buy from city is a drawback for the sellers aka : paying payers.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

As long as it's about giving froobs access to BUY (but not sell), I'm all for it.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Dragocze View Post
    Well, if you believe, that you can force someone to do it, than it is. It seems like FC have same believes. For me it looks more like reason to leave.
    Or go to market forum liked we used to before GMS.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Or go to market forum liked we used to before GMS.
    Or go outside and play with sticks as we used to before computers
    i R not spik engrish

I love how the new engine with new textures will dramatically increase the visual appeal of the game.

I've played games where you just see the environment and its just oh that's nice and then I've played games where you walk into an area and just stop and stare. When they start adding new textures into the new engines I'll spend a fair amount of time just flying around checking out the changes.

I can't wait to see how the new engine will treat visually stunning areas like Elysium, the watery Adonis, or the skyscrapers and clubs of Omni-Ent.

The new water alone will make Adonis quests more interesting. One thing I was wondering is that with the new water, can you make large waves or just the ripples? It would be neat to be on the coast during a rainstorm and see huge waves come crashing in.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

No, it is not a reason to upgrade. It is a design flaw. Even the crappiest active MMORPG on the market has a functioning market/auction house that is accessible for all players.

The current design in AO handicaps the subscribers by restricting the number of people that subscribers are able to sell their products to. All players should be able to search through GMS & buy from shops (or directly through GMS for a fee). If there should be any kind of a handicap for froobs, it should only be that they can not rent a player shop. That will not hurt the capabilities of subscribers like the current design does.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

it's not a design flaw... it's one of the selling points of AI.

We got trade channels, a trade forum... if you want GMS, start paying for it.
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

It's only a selling point because the original game is deficient in what many would consider basic functionality.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by Dragocze View Post
    If your a froob, leaving because you don't get the benefits of paid players... Then leave.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Selling is pretty basic functionality.
    I'd be in support of froobs being able to buy from player shops and use GMS.
    If ever items become directly purchasable through the GMS THAT should be paid players only.
    "Don't want to pay for they game? Fly your own bum around to buy stuff."
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 2nd, 2011 at 14:03:12. Reason: removed obscenities
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by omegahealer View Post
    it's not a design flaw... it's one of the selling points of AI.
    And here I thought the selling point of AI were APFs, alien armor, alien weapons, and alien perks. :S

Using the GMS as a reason to upgrade is just dumb.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

No, it is not a reason to upgrade. It is a design flaw. Even the crappiest active MMORPG on the market has a functioning market/auction house that is accessible for all players.
    Try a WoW trial account. You cannot ever direct trade with a player, imagine access to auction house. The 'best' MMORPG around is crappier with trials than AO with froobs.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Froobs should have gms and sl access... wonder how ppl can still be against it, with ao having hardly any players left. it's not like ao classic attracts anyone still, thousands and thousands try out ao and how many stay? a handfull per month?

but guess some ppl will be still "froob-love-haters", even if there would only be 10 ppl left playing, because server population is less important than their "i-pay-they-dont-they-shouldnt-get-anything"-egos.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    but guess some ppl will be still "froob-love-haters", even if there would only be 10 ppl left playing, because server population is less important than their "i-pay-they-dont-they-shouldnt-get-anything"-egos.
    There has to be some point in paying, or people won't see the need to. People who have already invested lots of time and effort on paid accounts (which may never become froob accounts again) would feel cheated if this was to be reality. Rightfully so.

PS: What does this have to do with the Tir work posted in OP?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    And here I thought the selling point of AI were APFs, alien armor, alien weapons, and alien perks. :S

Using the GMS as a reason to upgrade is just dumb.
    he said it was ONE of the selling points, not ALL.

on topic:

Pictures look's good, good work.

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    It's only a selling point because the original game is deficient in what many would consider basic functionality.
    Basic functionality you pay for most everywhere else though
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast