Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highest ql non nano Miy's Armor?

Highest ql non nano Miy's Armor?

What's the highest ql non Nano Miy's armor anyone has found? The higest i've seen so far was a ql258 pair of Miy's Ranged Armor Gloves.

Also curious as the what the highest ql Ring of Endurance anyone has might be. I've got a ql246, wondering if a ql261+ might just be possible or not.

Someone told me Medusas can - once in a blue moon- drop Miy's armor pieces other than non nano pieces. I've never seen it my self, can anyone confirm this?

i have a 249 ring of essence olso a 247 boots str/sta version

Today is blue moon iirc
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

If I remember correctly: Ql 243 highest I have ever seen from PW borgs, in somewhere around 10-20 thousand kills. QL 247 or something ring. A max of ql250 from there makes sense since they don't go above level 200 mobs (possibly lvl 201/202 not sure). From all those kills I have only ever gotten like 20 pieces above ql 230, so it is very rare. Again that is because only a few of them are lvl 200.

For your question about medusas, can't really say except I personally have never seen anything except Miy's Nano drop from them. But I have only done 400-500 kills tops.

I may be mistaken, but I think 250 is the top ql for (most) rubi-ka items that only drop off mobs, like Miy's and those rings. Chest drops can go a bit higher with a 220 fixer, 270 is it?

Anyway, there's an old dev post from back when everyone was still figuring out where Miy's comes from. Basically he clarified that no monsters have varying drop rates for different types of Miy's, if they drop several Miy's types, they drop them equally. This means that in all likelyhood medusae don't drop anything but nano. The reason some Miy's is much more rare than others is that the monsters that drop it (like drills for tank) also drop other types, so there's a much larger pool for their loot to come from.

Incidentally I'll pay 25 mil just for proof of a ql261+ Ring of Endurance as mentioned in this wtb thread

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=592542

I have 2x QL 249 end rings and 1x QL 247 miy's tank boots
    and I've SEEN a QL 268 miy's NANO chest.

Those are the highest I've seen. my personal highest non-nano miy's besides the boots is, I think, QL 230 miy's ranged or melee gloves.

i have a Miy's nano legs 272 as higher i own but not over 250 from rest sets
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

Actually thats easy to say. Loot is determined by OE rule and myis dont drop from boss type mobs, dynas and chests. Medusas should drop up to ql 275 (they are ql 220 max), others up to ql 250 (lvl 200). Ql 300 pieces came from events. I think that medusas drop nano and ranged parts from time to time, nothing more and especially not rings. So to sum it up ql 250+ rings dont exist. I have a ql 249 btw, i was told it came from PW borgs.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Medusas in missions are up to ~ 225 level. So far the max ql of miy nano i've got is 280. They only drop miy nano parts
    Other mobs dropping miy/rings are max 199/200 level. I saw somewhere on forums that drills in missions can spawn up to level 220, byt personally never met them.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Here's what I've always wondered, has anyone ever figured out mission settings and locations to consistently get drills, cyborgs, medusae, anvians, or some other Miy's dropping creature in missions?

I feel a little silly asking, because it's probably a closely guarded secret if so.

I know the thread is for 'non' Nano pieces, but I just figured I'd share that ql 300 Miy's Nano Chest is ingame. Someone posted it in clan ooc chat lastnight.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadInWater View Post
    I just figured I'd share that ql 300 Miy's Nano Chest is ingame. Someone posted it in clan ooc chat lastnight.
    It's called scripting, you can post in chat whatever you like (just like chatbots do), even items that don't exist in the database (again, any clickable link chatbots show, only colored right). Unless you see it in a trade window, or inspect someone wearing it - it's NOT confirmed.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

There was a few sets of ql300 miys given out in an rp event a few weeks back. It doesn't drop "in the wild" tho.

Hmm that's interesting about the oe rule applying to loot, I never knew that but it makes sense. The highest non nano miy's I own is a ql250 miy's ranged helmet, and the highest nano, a ql277 pair of nano gloves. I'm not sure where the person with the ql258 ranged gloves aquired them but he said from a medusa, although I've never seen a medusa drop anything besides nano my self.

Litestrider: As for the mission slider settings and locations, it's been said that you should try to roll mission locations in the same areas where the mobs that you want occur in the wild. I've never tested it my self so I can't verify if it makes any difference but from what I've read there were mixed results.

As for mission slider settings the only ones that i found that would have an effect on mob type were order/chaos and physical/mystical. If you set the slider to mystical you're more likely to get medusas, and for the other mobs you should set the slider to physical. One in every 8-9 ql200 team missions i rolled with full chaos, full physical slider settings yeilded anvian mobs, usually only on one floor of the mission. Most missions contained a majority of aquaan, borgs, and slayers.

Heh so RP does have a purpose in AO after all
    Last edited by Yamahaha; Aug 28th, 2011 at 16:08:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    There was a few sets of ql300 miys given out in an rp event a few weeks back. It doesn't drop "in the wild" tho.
    Assuming you didn't confuse the Desert Nomad Armor with Miy's - what event was that ? (Don't FC ever announce anything about these ? Especially if they hold such extremely rare, or in this case otherwise unattainable, items...)

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    Twinking items for roleplayers? Seems kind of a waste. Too bad players who actually needed the stats from those items didn't get them. (up until the desert nomad armor pads, I could REALLY use a certain piece)
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Aug 29th, 2011 at 06:10:56.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    Assuming you didn't confuse the Desert Nomad Armor with Miy's - what event was that ? (Don't FC ever announce anything about these ? Especially if they hold such extremely rare, or in this case otherwise unattainable, items...)

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=592419

I have 250 miy's scary boots, dropped off PW borgs a while back, and highest Miy's Nano I've found was a 269 sleeve in a mission.

I spent the last 3 days rolling ql220 team missions to camp Pain Lords, which, according to Silirrion in this thread http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=506185, do have a chance of dropping miy's just as other drill mobs do. After 291* lv211-216 kills without a single Miy's armor drop, I'd like to suggest the possibility that:

A. Our former esteemed Game Director was a sadist and/or a liar.

B. Our former esteemed Game Director was a bit of an idio..

C. Our former Game Director was in no way or form an idiot, and Pain Lord's loot tables are bugged, and need fixing. However whoever was responsible for Pain Lord mobs' faulty loot tables must surely be an idio....

So, given that Funcom would never employ an idiot one of their Game Directors, this has to be a bug, how about a fix ?

*I said 291 but it was somewhere between 30-50 Painlords more than this as i didn't start counting right away.

Well our former GD also said there will be no camping inside SL so ...
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I'd love the slider-settings for RK medusa missions

Btw this is post 13338 in KD.

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast