Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - August 19th, 2011 - Progress

I hope the lightintensity is toned down a bit, since we'll be seeing nothing but shadows flashing all over from all the people running around with their torches and glowing trenchcoats and what not.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

i know of that video and tbh i can't see anything decently in it... it's too blurry to get any idea of what there is to see.
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

I noticed that the sky is working with the sun and clouds being displayed ingame.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

First time we posted that video. how do joo know of it, u spying on my wife?O0

another video of the same thing has been going around the tubes about the 10th aniversary. i get sick by the constant shaking of the camera -.-
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    I would like to know who you guys are consulting with for BS changes....and how we could get them to actually step foot inside a battlestation.
    Could you explain which one of the changes presented by Means will not be a welcomed change ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

First! Oh wait ...

Do you guys from FC actually have any ideas how to make battlestations FUN? You know, if almost no one joins them there must be something wrong with entire BS concept or even PVP, longer grace period wont solve anything.

My quick suggestions:
    1. Remove 201-214 range, it doesnt run at all and endgame BS suffers from lack of cannonfodder. Leveling lowbies dont care if they die to a lvl 214 twink or 220 endgame character, they die anyway and ability to finish daily would be welcome. Ive just outgrown from 201-214 range, it was horrible, even if it did run most people didnt fght at all, just hide, afk or whatever.
    2. Remote BS access device.
    3. Ability to see of BS is running or not (maybe red or green light over terminal or whatever.
    4. Mixed sides - for gods sake everyone wants to be neutral when it comes to BSs ...
    5. Remove bug that kicks you if other side lacks people or doesnt have any people at all. If one enters BS and he is alone let him cap all points and still win - its walkover win after all.
    6. Remove deserter - it doesnt serve anything with new pvp title system.
    7. Fun / epeen factors like FPS have - make BS terminal show number of kills, deaths, point caps k/d ratio, time in conceal, total dmg, total HP healed or whatever stats after the end of any round - just for fun.
    8. Remove pvp points - they dont show anything, its just nr XXX thing in AO that comes over time with grinding.
    9. Remove Unicorn Hub or rework it. Its just to small, it simply did remove duel ability of kiting / crowd control professions.
    10. Introduce slow moving anti personal mech with no specials.
    Last edited by Ciex; Aug 22nd, 2011 at 12:36:39.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Any chance for a sound notification for BS invites? So if you tab out of AO you can know when BS starts, which means more people able to accept the invite, which means less bugged rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    First! Oh wait ...

Do you guys from FC actually have any ideas how to make battlestations FUN? You know, if almost no one joins them there must be something wrong with entire BS concept or even PVP, longer grace period wont solve anything.

My quick suggestions:
    1. Remove 201-214 range, it doesnt run at all and endgame BS suffers from lack of cannonfodder. Leveling lowbies dont care if they die to a lvl 214 twink or 220 endgame character, they die anyway and ability to finish daily would be welcome. Ive just outgrown from 201-214 range, it was horrible, even if it did run most people didnt fght at all, just hide, afk or whatever.
    2. Remote BS access device.
    3. Ability to see of BS is running or not (maybe red or green light over terminal or whatever.
    4. Mixed sides - for gods sake everyone wants to be neutral when it comes to BSs ...
    5. Remove bug that kicks you if other side lacks people or doesnt have any people at all. If one enters BS and he is alone let him cap all points and still win - its walkover win after all.
    6. Remove deserter - it doesnt serve anything with new pvp title system.
    7. Fun / epeen factors like FPS have - make BS terminal show number of kills, deaths, point caps k/d ratio, time in conceal, total dmg, total HP healed or whatever stats after the end of any round - just for fun.
    8. Remove pvp points - they dont show anything, its just nr XXX thing in AO that comes over time with grinding.
    9. Remove Unicorn Hub or rework it. Its just to small, it simply did remove duel ability of kiting / crowd control professions.
    10. Introduce slow moving anti personal mech with no specials.
    we've asked for all these things for years, and its been ignored. reposting this stuff just makes players angry about all the stuff thats been ignored. its doubtful any of it will ever make it ingame. might as well enjoy the bs for what it is, or don't bother. *edit* right now, the only problem is there is an obvious population problem, as people are getting ready to go back to school, or whatever. not enough people are signing up anymore, and the old blame game picks up where it left off.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Aug 22nd, 2011 at 14:45:01.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

+400 RUN buff pls for all tl4 and under BS. watch them pop to life if that happens

...o wait...

but no, none of this will happen. because FC has masochistic vampires for devs, lol. they do their best to suck the fun out, and drive a great game into the ground asap.

I still shake my head and laugh in denial that we're actually prohibited from jumping on stuff...rofl.

wish they drop every thing they're doing and be forced to play this game with us, no special privs, nothing, start from fresh just like everyone, for 6 months. each one of them playing a different profession. could you imagine...they'd have to actually do this! nobody believes the engine story anymore, drop it all..play the game, it would be worth the effort before you destroy us with "rebalancing".
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Yes, all of the icons for classes got an SL based icon.
    I suppose the guy pictured in grid armor respectfully disagrees.

Edit: disappointingly, I can't for the life of me find an icon with a mango on it.
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    Edit: disappointingly, I can't for the life of me find an icon with a mango on it.
    QFT

Mango plix!!!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Frubaliscious View Post
    +400 RUN buff pls for all tl4 and under BS. watch them pop to life if that happens

...o wait...

but no, none of this will happen. because FC has masochistic vampires for devs, lol. they do their best to suck the fun out, and drive a great game into the ground asap.

I still shake my head and laugh in denial that we're actually prohibited from jumping on stuff...rofl.

wish they drop every thing they're doing and be forced to play this game with us, no special privs, nothing, start from fresh just like everyone, for 6 months. each one of them playing a different profession. could you imagine...they'd have to actually do this! nobody believes the engine story anymore, drop it all..play the game, it would be worth the effort before you destroy us with "rebalancing".
    Q - F - T - !

And bump for the other good suggestions in the previous posts in this and countless other threads.

I honestly fear "the great rebalancing" more than anything else atm. After seeing the many retarded little fixes they've done during the almost six years i've played this game, I just can't believe that they are able get anything else but a bigger mess out of it. Good example would be the new changes to the BS which pretty much killed even the ranges that used to run. Or the LE nukes for NT and the low HP exploiting it caused. Or Defeat Righteousness or.... yeah the list is loooong.

They really should drop everything for a few weeks and start playing the game. Without GM powers and unlimited creds. Farming everything the hard way and TRYING to find teams to level with.

I bet none of them would even get to the point of acquiring and equipping a set of awakened-growing symbiants @ lvl 150 during a month or two of full time playing.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Don't forget we're trusting the folks that couldn't even start an ALIEN RAID to do the 'great rebalancing'. That worries me greatly.

I am still looking forward to the rebalance patch.. many old fashioned gamemechanics need a change.. and most of the ideas the devs have sound awesome to me!

IMO if you wanna have a more active BS, make rewards from Battlestation attractive again (hello buyable Ofab!) and the reward orientated players will join again. The daily mission guys are simply not enough. Also I feel like it became a lot less pvpers the last years/months. Maybe Rebalance will bring them back.
    meep

Drop or NoDrop Battle station will not change just because of items. It needs to stop being messed with and have it's main features emphasized. Walling off BS was not an emphasis on anything, and thus BS is almost completely dead.

Tough crowd here, FC. Its getting dangerously close to "put up or shut up" time.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Tough crowd here, FC. Its getting dangerously close to "put up or shut up" time.
    10 people are a "put up or shutup" limit?
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    I bet none of them would even get to the point of acquiring and equipping a set of awakened-growing symbiants @ lvl 150 during a month or two of full time playing.
    Well, for a game that's expected to keep you playing for a lot longer than a couple of months, what is that then? You're saying they made a lot of retarded changes over the last 6 years, but then, do you remember prior to those 6 years, when all you could lvl on was hecklers, and there were only 5 teams possible at a time in Inferno. That lvling on RK took a bazillion years, go back and see if you can find out how long it took for the first person to reach lvl 200 without sploiting Or check out people originally lvling to 220's lvling curve on Auno.
    Then include the gear grind that was introduced at some point, to keep up with what MMOs were expected to be about, and you'd notice that a while ago it was much worse, and today, going in, you can with a bit of tenacity and a group of friends, achieve in a couple of months what previously took years.

But then, what people these days seem to talk about in the field of MMOs and MOBAs, is "waste of time". People no longer have fun playing the actual game, they only see it as work and a lost round or a kill with no drop is considered wasted time. If the game you play for your amusement is so much a waste of time in your opinion, then why do you even play it? Why do people sit here and mope about things being a waste of time, when once upon a time we went in and played games like this and everywhere we went and did was considered an adventure, and fun. Run out in the wilderness, get killed by a huge monster. Great fun! Go through a long dungeon, battle mobs, win through for the first time, get various drops that may or may not be good? Great fun!

You played for 6 years, you sit around now, moping about how things are a waste of time. Maybe to you. Did you consider that you reached the end of the line for when you considered something to be fun? Maybe you need to just up and quit, if what you want to be amusement is something that causes you such great ire? You're at the end of your game with AO. Go find something new. Try to bitch less about it and enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it anymore, then it really is time to leave, because the chances are very, very high that whatever it was you found fun won't ever return, because it's not to do with the game, it's to do with you.
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast