Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - August 19th, 2011 - Progress

Planning on redoing the animations with the engine i hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

1. Regular conditions entrance time slightly increased (by 3 seconds).
    2. Repeated trips to the Decontamination room (repeated death inside 90 seconds) will result in a longer "respawn time" of about 36 seconds (about 16 seconds longer than normal.)
    3. The "Healing + Nano" HOT stops when you exit the decontamination chamber.
    4. It is no longer possible to Cap points during grace period.

Hopefully these changes are a step in the right direction.
    Spot on! Just what is needed!

And yay for KFC Bot icon!

question: what is that scourge demon icon for mps? new pet? also the woman-carlo for crats that the new tl5 pet?
    Last edited by Aramsunat; Aug 20th, 2011 at 07:53:29.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I'm tired of the icon changes. Some of them, when they were a replacement of an overly used icon, were great. But the more recent changes seem like changes just for the sake of changing.

I personally don't have an issue with the existing nano icons. Maybe they aren't perfect but they've been this way for many years and I know what I'm looking at without even thinking at this point. I'm all for useful change but who exactly is this helping right now? Its not like there's some huge influx of new players to impress so why not leave things as they are and roll out ALL of the icon changes at once (in sync with the new engine) instead of constant shock/change on icons every 2-3 months.

Maybe its my old age but these minor icon changes are annoying.. especially after waiting so long for changes to take place that actually do matter.

I know exactly what you mean and also as a trade skiller, it a pita looking for TS components that have 10 years worth of accumulated visual recognition for me.

Gone are the days i could scan over every un named backpack in my vast and seemingly bottomless bank to find what im looking for, i actualy have to look carefuly at almost every item now just to find something since i dont know what the hell it looks like anymore.

I am old i am set in my ways and dont like change!.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

I like the way the new MP pet icon looks, same with the carlo chick. But do I see a new key, and a pande garden warp nano? Or maybe a LE PF warp. Think that the heal/nano heal icons are my favorite tho, pretty blue.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

I like the new icons - a lot.

Much easier to see what's what at a glance now!

I would like to know who you guys are consulting with for BS changes....and how we could get them to actually step foot inside a battlestation.
    Based God.

So with the new collision mesh, does that mean the days of getting stuck in random holes in the landscape unable to move are gone? I know there's one in the subway, in the last big room before Abmouth's, and in SL statics/inf missions, in the room with the lava, as well as what seems like hundreds in Scheol. I can start sending bug reports with the exact coordinates if it'd help.

By the way, the icons look fantastic. Even the different levels seem identifiable at a glance. Are you going to be fixing the lines with inconsistent graphics? I know the bureaucrat snare/root lines flip-flop between the "snare" and "root" graphics seemingly randomly right now, and it's a bit confusing, especially since Shackles of Obedience, the top RK Snare, has a root symbol identical to Void Inertia, the top RK Root. I wind up casting the wrong one all the time, or worse, hesitating so I can get the tooltip to come up.

Edit: One more thing, is there any chance that the /stuck command could get modified so we can use it while standing? Most of the time when we're actually, properly stuck, we aren't able to sit down.
    Last edited by Litestrider; Aug 20th, 2011 at 14:55:09.

http://i.imgur.com/hgQcF.png

Is this an agent? With perennium?! Please, no!
    220 clan agent @ Rimor

anarchy-online.pl

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Oh yeah someone suggested "just die then!" yeah because it's not like we have a shortage of ego-tripping-superheros in this game, so die and spend the next half hour getting "trolololo n00b!" tells from him and his seven tard brothers.
    Well, I guess in your position that might be the case. Personally when I do BS with my little 150 NT sometimes I even nuke myself if the opponent takes too long to kill me so I can travel faster and get rid of annoying debuffs.

So advs get horror as morph? Judging by the nanoes.
    But what, are stuck with tree for healing form?

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboy View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/hgQcF.png

Is this an agent? With perennium?! Please, no!
    Yes, all of the icons for classes got an SL based icon.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I guess I'll express an unpopular opinion.. but it is my opinion anyway.

I'm tired of the icon changes. Some of them, when they were a replacement of an overly used icon, were great. But the more recent changes seem like changes just for the sake of changing.
    I have to agree. For some icons that were changed during all the many that were already changed I'd say it was a good idea to change them. Although I generally didn't like the new look of them as they didn't seem to fit in and didn't care for the style. As time went on I'd keep seeing all these new icons and couldn't help but wonder why they bothered except to make them fit in so they all had the same new style or just for the sake of changing all of them for some absurd reason.

Take the shade spirit icons they changed a while back. There were no conflicting icons and they looked quite good as they were before. Then they made them all green, why? They look awful now.

I appreciate that this week contains actual information. But you are designing more and more content for less and less active players while the rebalance and engine continue to flounder. You hoped to get the engine onto test in Q1, Q2 at the latest. Posting that you fixed the major source of visual bugs with the new engine almost 2 months after Q2 ended is too little to be excited about. You still haven't released anything engine related to be tested, or even posted a proper video of it since 2009.

Every time I read these FWM with actual news I wonder, how many months and years will people continue to read them and post "Oh wow, some progress did happen!. Guess everything is gonna be fine! Shut up you stupid trolls."

Finish something.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

i gotta agree that i would love to see some footage of the engine in action... especially since during the fan meetings of the past years the engine has been showed to the players there (and received good comments :P). We don't ask for a polished video, just a minute of walking through borealis would be enough.....

although i can understand if they released it now... haters gonna hate and might use it to tell that the engine is buggy as hell, resulting in more bad publicity which this game surely doesn't need.
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

You guys are trippin. The new icons look great. Matter of opinion of course, so we can agree to disagree.

Also, good work Parsed, keep it up

And I gotta agree with omegahealer.
    The same people that are crying for the engine to be released before its completely done are the same people that will complain that its too buggy when it comes out.
    These are people that probably cried when their parents wouldn't let them open Christmas gifts early, then their parents finally give in let them open and they whined about what they got. Can't please them anyway so screw em. Graphics don't make a game people, the game makes the game. AO is still the best MMO in my opinion graphics or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanopwner View Post
    You guys are trippin. The new icons look great. Matter of opinion of course, so we can agree to disagree.

Also, good work Parsed, keep it up

And I gotta agree with omegahealer.
    The same people that are crying for the engine to be released before its completely done are the same people that will complain that its too buggy when it comes out.
    These are people that probably cried when their parents wouldn't let them open Christmas gifts early, then their parents finally give in let them open and they whined about what they got. Can't please them anyway so screw em. Graphics don't make a game people, the game makes the game. AO is still the best MMO in my opinion graphics or not.
    As has been said many many times.. most of us don't care that much about the graphics. What "I" care about is that the new engine, rebalancing, new player experience and such all have to be released (per Funcom) before they re-market the game to get more people for us to play with. Honestly, all I care about these days is having a healthy game population and anything they (Funcom) need to do in order to make that happen is happening too slowly for my personal taste.

Comparing AO players that are frustrated with the lack of progress that has been made over the YEARS to children is really a low blow. Anyone still here bothering to post on forums and playing the game at this point has to be part of the most patient group of people in MMO history. So don't turn the comedy of errors, mishaps and such on the players that are vocalizing their opinion on them. They aren't crazy.. that is actually a normal reaction to some very abnormal situations in this game (over multiple years and missed deadlines).

Not saying this to Funcom.. but to the players that bash other players.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by omegahealer View Post
    i gotta agree that i would love to see some footage of the engine in action... especially since during the fan meetings of the past years the engine has been showed to the players there (and received good comments :P). We don't ask for a polished video, just a minute of walking through borealis would be enough.....

although i can understand if they released it now... haters gonna hate and might use it to tell that the engine is buggy as hell, resulting in more bad publicity which this game surely doesn't need.
    Allow me to oblige you with some live engine footage. As seen from the camera of Tiffalicious. This is footage of the engine from the 10th Anniversary gathering in Montreal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw0OJMiN5mU

Enjoy

I would appreciate it if people would stop belittling the patience or maturity of persons with the opposite opinion about these particular issue. We can agree to disagree without comparing each other to whiny children - since if that goes on I will be required to send you all to your rooms without dinner, ground you from your favorite TV shows, and possibly take away your birthdays.

Disagree respectfully, as both sides to have valid points.

[Midgar, I suspect Omega would prefer an officially released fraps-style, rather than a fan camera-captured video, the effectiveness of which I will retain a neutral position on.]
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Yes, all of the icons for classes got an SL based icon.
    I'm sure the 5 people that actually like SL will be happy.

As far s the icons themselves go:

Holy psychedelic '60's, Batman!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast