Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pvp ballanced you say?

Pvp ballanced you say?

1: Roots. Why roots last for minutes? Why can roots be chain casted? Why canot roots be resisted, even with 3k nano ressist and perks in actions it's not possible since it can be chain casted. Result: Ranged player with no skills at all goes on distance and chain root you til you are dead. Fair and fun pvp?

2: Blinds. How the melee going to do anything when beeing blinded most of time? I do know therei s equiptment to avoid it, but it it really no other way to avoid this than having that one item? Again I canot see NR helps here. Best luck is to auto attack, follow or other really stupid sollution to guess where your target is. Blinds are actually pretty neat and a cool feature, but they should not last for more than 5-10 sec.

3: Adventurer(s). I have no idea what evades they have, but even with 3200AR (which is O.K as a shade), there is no way to hit the thing. Even with these huge evades they have coon and healing. Either reduce their evades or reduce their healing. Look on poor fellow MAs, they don't nearly have as much evades or healing as advs, and they don't even have good AR. I guess one of the developers are playing adv or something.

4: Pets going on rampage. I have no clue what this is about, but some people seem to have insane pets. Even with 3800 evades their pets hits me every time, some times even crit. How this should be possible when I have perk lines as Carefull in Combat + a lot of add all def stuff is beyound me. Sure, pets should be a little challenge, but beeing absolutely murdered by them is a joke.

5: Tripples, nukes generally. OMIGOSH! Even had to write it in caps to show you how stupid I think it is. Funcom, are you testing out things before releasing them? Have you quality checked with the community that the things you change does not absolutely murder something else? A lot of the times it's a matter of reducing something in pvp will make disaster in pve, but seriously, something has to be done about the tripple. A root + tripple is allways a lot of fun. I hope you learn by that mistake, and never does something silly as that again, when this one day will (hopefully) be fixed. I guess many of the AO players left the game after ragequitting pvp with such unfair battles as it is nowdays.

6: Ranged vs melee. The points above describes how a melee'r feels about the current situation in AO. I don't even have to mention the netcode which allways confuses us where people really are, resulting it to be 99% of times "too far away" when we actually try to hit something. Throw in a happy-root or a blind, or even a tripple and it all is jolly. The roots are there to help the ranged players, but it's overused and abused. If it were somewhat done as the stuns (1-3 secs) I could understand the chain casting, but not as it is today.
    Last edited by Endy87; Aug 13th, 2011 at 17:53:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Endy87 View Post
    1: Roots. Why roots last for minutes? Why can roots be chain casted? Why canot roots be resisted, even with 3k nano ressist and perks in actions it's not possible since it can be chain casted. Result: Ranged player with no skills at all goes on distance and chain root you til you are dead. Fair and fun pvp?
    Shortened drastically in rebalance.
    2: Blinds. How the melee going to do anything when beeing blinded most of time? I do know therei s equiptment to avoid it, but it it really no other way to avoid this than having that one item? Again I canot see NR helps here. Best luck is to auto attack, follow or other really stupid sollution to guess where your target is. Blinds are actually pretty neat and a cool feature, but they should not last for more than 5-10 sec.
    Shortened and adjusted in rebalance.
    5: Tripples, nukes generally. OMIGOSH! Even had to write it in caps to show you how stupid I think it is. Funcom, are you testing out things before releasing them? Have you quality checked with the community that the things you change does not absolutely murder something else? A lot of the times it's a matter of reducing something in pvp will make disaster in pve, but seriously, something has to be done about the tripple. A root + tripple is allways a lot of fun. I hope you learn by that mistake, and never does something silly as that again, when this one day will (hopefully) be fixed. I guess many of the AO players left the game after ragequitting pvp with such unfair battles as it is nowdays.
    Doubles and Triples vanishing in rebalance.

Moral of the story: Just wait. They've listened before, and they're applying those now.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Actually that made me a little more happy today, thank you
    Is there any more info about "shortened", or is there a soon(tm) info note for that aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by Endy87 View Post
    Actually that made me a little more happy today, thank you
    Is there any more info about "shortened", or is there a soon(tm) info note for that aswell?
    Think longest roots will last will be something like 10 seconds.

They're in public Excel files, though kinda tricky to find some of them.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Now that is more like it! 10 sec is long, but I guess I can accept it, at least a lot better than 6-7 minutes :|
    Can the roots be chain casted, or do they have a cooldown thingy?

They have a cooldown.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

basically this is just a thread about stuff you don't like from a shades pov.

wish FC would just do whatever they're going to do without asking us or letting us know about it. I'm starting to believe the more the community has input, the more spoiled we're becoming, and the more we're going to cry about every little unfair edge anyone has until every profession is exactly the same.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Well I can see that it sound like one of those cry-I-am-the-center-of-the-world topics, but it was more aimed for the melee in general, not just the shades. Look on the MA's. They lack both defence and attacks.

Adventures just have too much aids to help them survive, which by all means is good, but in pvp they have too much of it.

NT's and the infamous tripples, even if I am a shade I must be allowed to think that they have it way too easy.

And I can agree that when perk lands for me, I have it way too easy as shade. Hiting people for 5k+ with just an perk attack is too much, and I would not mind a nerf on that. By all means, it should be ballanced and not some super proff. , that's what I try to point out above.

dude, you need to say RANGED adventurers, pls melee adv's are pretty damn balanced. if you're having trouble killing melee adv's with a shade, it's not because adv is OP shade vs. melee adv is a pretty fair fight, if anything shade should have a slight advantage. I DO agree on ranged adv being a bit OP tho, it's pretty damn stupid imo how hard they to kill combined with how well they can kill + kite anyone.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐

Melee advs are ok, and it seems pretty ballanced, but the ranged once are the worst ones ;p

And then, if a shade can perk someone they are dead in seconds. Hope they fix that also.

Listing bunch of stupid stuff with that "omgQQcrycry" attitude won't get you anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Frubaliscious View Post
    basically this is just a thread about stuff you don't like from a shades pov.

wish FC would just do whatever they're going to do without asking us or letting us know about it. I'm starting to believe the more the community has input, the more spoiled we're becoming, and the more we're going to cry about every little unfair edge anyone has until every profession is exactly the same.
    haha

says the guy with ummm:

1 ADVY "advy haz skillz, even gimp advy"
    1 NT "root+triple is fun, hope FC lernd from mistake"
    2 fixer "root last too long"<-- spin nanoweb while not a "root" might as well be and hello 27 minutes or whatever :/

ahh, anyway, you get my drift :P

BUMP

If you think being rooted for 7 minutes is annoying, you should probably invest in some free movement stims
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    haha

says the guy with ummm:

1 ADVY "advy haz skillz, even gimp advy"
    1 NT "root+triple is fun, hope FC lernd from mistake"
    2 fixer "root last too long"<-- spin nanoweb while not a "root" might as well be and hello 27 minutes or whatever :/

ahh, anyway, you get my drift :P

BUMP
    aww that was mean bro you knowz i don't usez triplulzez!

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    If you think being rooted for 7 minutes is annoying, you should probably invest in some free movement stims
    yep, this.
    Last edited by Frubaliscious; Aug 15th, 2011 at 15:59:23.

I know :P

I was just hassling you

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmyth View Post
    And then, if a shade can perk someone they are dead in seconds. Hope they fix that also.
    Wrong.
    Enfo, Doctor, Engineer, Soldier, Agent, and NT.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    They're in public Excel files, though kinda tricky to find some of them.
    Sticky in this very forum: Balance Documentation
    Very easy to find. Slightly harder to read, however...
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmyth View Post
    And then, if a shade can't perk somebody they can't kill them and will inevitably die a lol worthy death unless they can successfully run away. Hope they fix that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    And then, if a shade can't perk somebody they can't kill them and will inevitably die a lol worthy death unless they can successfully run away. Hope they fix that too.
    Honestly, I think that's rather balanced. It is the dichotomy of a shade attack. If you can perk them, they are dead while still going "what the balls just happened." If you can't perk them, you'd best get your rear in gear and move out while you've still got the chance. Shades are assassins, not tanks or brawlers. This sort of mechanic makes sense.

As for the OP's whining, just lol.
    Blinds: 110% blind resist, this is something that NTs should be QQing about, not a shade.

Roots: Yeah, they're sorta annoying, but thats why free movement stims exist, along with other stuff. You can get 2 root grafts, keep that pesky NT in range to stun/smack them down with perks. You have MOTR for an unroot+root resist. If the NT is using triples and doesnt have the ability to use nullity sphere, then a shade under the influence of motr with enough AR is gonna mean a dead NT in a matter of seconds.

Advies are a little op, yes, but the point of fighting as a shade isn't to walk up to an advy with DoF+Limber+Coon running and try to burst them down with your perks. The point of a shade is to be in sneak, watching to see DoF and limber either not triggered yet, or wear off, and then popping out and bursting their ass down.

Pets also have the ability to be a little overpowered, but on the other hand, they are pretty easy to avoid. Use them as drain mules for SP, and they'll have quite a bit less of a bite. Alternatively, just run away and kill the mp/engie/crat(jk, you can't kill crats) and its easier.

Nukes: Everyone who isn't an NT hates nukes, and that probably has something to do with the fact that nukes kill you. Then again, everyone who isn't a shade or crat hates shades, and that probably has something to do with the fact that shades kill you...really fast. Learn to close range either with root grafts or motr or just plain old concealment, and you wont have to deal with nukes, because the NT will already be dead.

Ranged vs melee: See my TL;DR

TL;DR: LEARN TO PLAY YOUR SHADE!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast