Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - August 12th, 2011- Press Q to Attack

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    however we are actually discussing the changes with our population and acting on them...quite unlike the process of the legendary NGE.
    Yes, but are you handing out free ice cream?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Before he left Macrosun completed some a great "on screen text" feature we will be using in the New Player Experience. The ability to put a large message on the screen out of the chat will come in handy during a tutorial process...looking for needed messages in the chat while playing isn't exactly ideal
    if its anything like the onscreen text like We've seen in TSW videos, that would be super cool. either way, hf to macrosun, and hopefully this feature will be implemented this year .
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

So no word of what is going on with the servers?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I guess you missed the part where people are on vacation.
    Nano-Technician - April 1st, 2011 -- Discussion Thread ... they're on vacation since April now... Man i think i'm moving to Canada

and @technogen...

I didnt skip the part with Genele... but thats just a vague information.

Ok maybe I'm just a bit impatient, but I really think that the nanochanges along with the New Player Expierience (glad to hear that there seems to be progress) is more important than anything else...

ok... switching to "patient Mode" 4 another 4 weeks ^^
    Last edited by shou; Aug 12th, 2011 at 17:14:14.

I was sorta hoping/expecting some sort of comments about all of the zoning issues Rimor has been experiencing lately. Even as of the time of THIS post people still are having problems in Newland Desert and that's been going on for a day and a half now with no word on cause or ETA on a fix. As a community service, every so often you see people spamming neutnet as a warning but.. umm.. word from Funcom please and how about a logon message until the issue is resolved so you don't have people getting stuck/annoyed unnecessarily?

I mean Newland Desert zoning issues are a pretty big deal. Uncle Bazzits is there and many people can not zone into the shop which means:

- No new AI city buildings
    - No new AI armor builds
    - No new MP pets
    - No new NT dots
    - No new AI 3 training
    - Think a few of the NPCs for the ai basic armor quests are there
    - Professor Van Horn (don't care about him but honorable mention)
    - ToTW portal used by many non-Omnis
    - Easy place to buy desserts for my parties!
    Last edited by Traderjill; Aug 12th, 2011 at 18:26:22.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

:x The V2 Nanodocs is taking way to much time.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Let me get this straight... Did you let Macrosun out, or did he escape the dungeon?

Quote Originally Posted by shou View Post
    Nano-Technician - April 1st, 2011 -- Discussion Thread ... they're on vacation since April now... Man i think i'm moving to Canada
    Exaggerating to be right might fool an idiot, but I think most of us see past that.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

wish i would have known they were going to be in nyc i would have bought them a drink!!
    Labret 220/24 Martial Artist General Of The Union

Funkervogt 220/24 Keeper Henchman of the Goddess Pyro

Rivethed 220/17 Adventurer

Irtrade 220/16 Tradeskill trader

Panzerag 220/26 DD Whore

Dukenukey 220/24

Quote Originally Posted by shou View Post
    I didnt skip the part with Genele... but thats just a vague information.
    Everything at this point is vague information, even the nano-docs. Everything is up in the air to change, from just what Means said they are looking at ACs, NR, and Caps, those are as large, if not larger changes than nanos IMHO.

*shrug* everything is pointless in documents until things are up on some server for testing.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

AO's system is better!
    Bet you don't get to say that very often, huh?

Exaggerating to be right might fool an idiot, but I think most of us see past that.
    Being a fanboi cheerleader spewing BS might fool an idiot, but most of us see past that.
    Last edited by Johnnykay; Aug 12th, 2011 at 18:49:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    Being a fanboi cheerleader spewing BS might fool an idiot, but most of us see past that.
    Ah, that's cute. Unfortunately, I don't think you need to be a fanboi cheerleader to know that the dev team hasn't been on vacation since April. On the other hand, you do need to be an idiot to think they would have been. I guess since you include yourself in the non-fanboi camp, you would be grouping yourself with the latter?
    Last edited by Obtena; Aug 12th, 2011 at 19:25:24.

An idiot would take what he said about them being on vacation since April, ignore the quite obvious (but I guess not too obvious for some) sarcasm, and try to attack it as if he completely believed the Devs have been on vacation since April and wanted others to believe it as well. Keeping in mind you also have to keep yourself blind to how little has been done with the rebalancing since April to do this with a straight face.

Though I suppose the most dedicated of fanboi cheerleaders can't even let a sarcastic joke poking at the Devs go by without coming to their rescue.
    Last edited by Johnnykay; Aug 12th, 2011 at 19:43:10.

AUnfortunately, I don't think you need to be a fanboi cheerleader to know that the dev team hasn't been on vacation since April. On the other hand, you do need to be an idiot to think they would have been.
    Yeah , you tell 'em! I mean, if they had been on vacation then that would be a good reason for- oh... wait.

Anyway. Good to hear about the NPE moving on. Been looking forward to that. Not as much as the rebalancing, though.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    An idiot would take what he said about them being on vacation since April, ignore the quite obvious (but I guess not too obvious for some) sarcasm, and try to attack it as if he completely believed the Devs have been on vacation since April and wanted others to believe it as well. Keeping in mind you also have to keep yourself blind to how little has been done with the rebalancing since April to do this with a straight face.

Though I suppose the most dedicated of fanboi cheerleaders can't even let a sarcastic joke poking at the Devs go by without coming to their rescue.
    It's always impressed me how much people think they know about 'what's been done with re-balancing'. You work as a dev at FC on AO? If not, then you only know what you are told, and you aren't told everything. Accusing FC of not doing much because of what you know is called ignorance.

I didn't see the joke, especially after the poster tried to defend his post after I challenged it which indicated that it was his honest opinion. The Devs have been working since they arrived in Canada and the weekly updates tell us on what they are doing. It's pretty clear the intent was to suggest they are slacking off because we haven't seen tangible progress on the "BIG TWO". Don't try and defend the bad forum edict of others. The poster was being ignorant and impatient.
    Last edited by Obtena; Aug 12th, 2011 at 19:58:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I was sorta hoping/expecting some sort of comments about all of the zoning issues Rimor has been experiencing lately. Even as of the time of THIS post people still are having problems in Newland Desert and that's been going on for a day and a half now with no word on cause or ETA on a fix. As a community service, every so often you see people spamming neutnet as a warning but.. umm.. word from Funcom please and how about a logon message until the issue is resolved so you don't have people getting stuck/annoyed unnecessarily?

I mean Newland Desert zoning issues are a pretty big deal. Uncle Bazzits is there and many people can not zone into the shop which means:

- No new AI city buildings
    - No new AI armor builds
    - No new MP pets
    - No new NT dots
    - No new AI 3 training
    - Think a few of the NPCs for the ai basic armor quests are there
    - Professor Van Horn (don't care about him but honorable mention)
    - ToTW portal used by many non-Omnis
    - Easy place to buy desserts for my parties!
    You do realize that this is actually part of an insidious plot by the devs to get you all to move to Atlantean so they can close Rimor, right?
    Last edited by Namiru; Aug 12th, 2011 at 20:52:22.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Obtenna trolling already & we're only on page 2. jeeees.

It's pretty clear the intent was to suggest they are slacking off because we haven't seen tangible progress on the "BIG TWO".
    It took you a while to get the joke, but glad to see you caught up with the rest of us! Good job! *Rubs Obtena's belly*

Like I said, the poster was being serious and so was I. It's a joke to you.
    Last edited by Obtena; Aug 12th, 2011 at 20:02:30.

Genele has begun the process of discussing some of the other aspects of rebalance work (ie: ACs, NR, Caps)
    Add an extra zero to all numbers, remove all caps, quintuple all multipliers for MP's call it a day.

Before he left Macrosun completed some a great "on screen text" feature we will be using in the New Player Experience. The ability to put a large message on the screen out of the chat will come in handy during a tutorial process...looking for needed messages in the chat while playing isn't exactly ideal.
    Just so long as it doesn't suffer from the same problem that Conan does, which is the text is the same color as 90% of the backgrounds so its hard to read anything.

The actual collision used is generated in the old version of the engine (all gameplay mechanics are still adjusted in the old systems) so if the ground isn't a good match it makes for floating buildings/people etc.
    ...invisible trap floors, people stuck under buildings, falling into mountains... ah the good old days.

Part of the problem was stemming from triangle diagonals in Conan ground being parallel while being alternating in old AO. (AO's system is better!) Shadows have also received a first go at optimization. Go Parsed, GO!
    We have the best-est programmers who are going to make us an all new and improved Rubi-ka and when we're done we'll dem as much beer as they can drink for a night.

*Psst* can I have my tower now?
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast