Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: IP reset

I was under the impression that we recieved a number of IPR points equal to that title level, at each title level.

1 point at TL 1, 2 at TL 2, 3 at TL 3, etc.

That does in fact add up to 21 points.. however, I might be wrong. I admittedly haven't reached 200 yet.

There was an IP reset, NOT because MA Crit buffs were changed to self only, but because 1) of the OE Changes, and damn near EVERYONE had built their characters around the fact that you could use the biggest and best equipment possible, without any penalties. and 2) Because of the numerous changes that were made to skills before hand.
    Actually I think the biggest reason they did the full IP reset was to get everyone out of their massively overequipped Implants/items.

yeah armor and weapons were OE rules, but the implants (and items that implants let you wear/use) from the treatment bug was probably the defining factor. Level 110 with 200 imps in, means I can beat OE armor and weapon rules (at least to some extent).

Yeah, they never mentioned it, but they were giving us a "gift" to reduce the twinkiness of the level 74 and down crowd.

just how I see it.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I like that idea Dunsany

So much argueing going on here over the simple addition of variety.... I still stick by my guns tho, resets earnable through tokens = more variety and experimentation. Specially with the upcoming Enf changes, wouldnt mind seeing some variety amung atrox enfs, everyones got a beam! Think the only atrox enf I have ever met/seen that didnt use a beam was Deng.

Jagdtyger

So much argueing going on here over the simple addition of variety....
    I think it would remove variety, hence my opposition to it

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Yazule......I still love ya even if you are a neut!

Atrox/Beam Enforcers like myself have it easy. I knew I had made my Enforcer nearly perfect for the 2HB/Beam route. To this day I cannot think of one skill I would IPR. Now I did do a full IPR at lvl 80 when it was available, not to fix anything, but to get those free trickle down skill points by bringing my base skills back up first.

Now I am lvl 133 and I do not plan to IPR ever. Now if FC nerfs Beam, I might be forced to, but I don't think so. I also have my bad eye on a new 2HB weapon in 14.6 that uses the skills I have already raised, like 2HB, Brawl, Dimach and Fast Attack.

For those of you that constantly change and use IPR's here's a tip. When you see that new ubber weapon, wait and see what people think of it in real world situations. That way if it becomes all hype you are still safe.

Being an Enforcer I was tempted like many other Enforcer were to go dual 1HB Alloys/Pipes. I kept reading the reviews and posts about how they destroyed Beams. Well alot of those people reset and came back to Beams.

When a weapon is good, make sure it's good for the long haul, and not a drunk FC programmer design that's gonna get nerfed. Also make sure that the damage of the weapon is dependent on an outside buff..........Krutt anyone?
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

Arrow

If FC didn't change things every which way every patch with no clear direction (unless you call nerfing and slowing down leveling a direction) it would be different.

Until then, I'm all for giving more IPR points in some form or another. Actually, I don't think I'd ever be against it as long as its reasonable, since they make rerolling more painful all the time.

Its pretty selfish when "I won't use them so nobody else should either". What someone else does with their char really is none of your business as long as they don't exploit.

More "variety" (cough BS cough) and less players is not a good thing.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Aww. Did I hurt your poor feelings?

Its pretty selfish when "I won't use them so nobody else should either". What someone else does with their char really is none of your business as long as they don't exploit.
    That pretty much sums it all up. But since you're one of those who think that since you played since Beta you know all and what not, I guess this is a pointless discussion.

Have a cookie. On me.

Originally posted by Peisinoe
    Aww. Did I hurt your poor feelings?

That pretty much sums it all up. But since you're one of those who think that since you played since Beta you know all and what not, I guess this is a pointless discussion.

Have a cookie. On me.
    *edit* love how I go from being someone who doesnt know to someone that knows it all

Soon you are going to need more PR's (personality resets) because you are burning through yours so damn fast for no good reason.

/edit

I will say it one more time, IP resets are dumb, if you mess up you mess up. For over half of this game's life there were no ip resets, now everyone uses them like a drug, and when they run out they want MORE MORE MORE.

It dilutes the game completly. It makes everyone the same in the end. Pretty much takes away what little uniqueness exists in the game.

basically it is dumb to work on your skills, come up with something nobody else has ever done, be cool, unique, and maybe in your own way UBER. Just to have someone go "hey that is neat, think I will change everything I am doing mid stream and do that".

There is no way for you to use tactics to be better, everyone will just use your tactics when they realize they are better.

everyone will use the krut (example) until Funcom says "oh my, it must be over powered... NERF" (FA's prime example)

poof everyone changes to oh, I dunno, the x-3's... same thing happens again.

It is so BS.

Yes I have been around since beta, and honestly, the game was a hella lot better in beta than it is now.

They are homoginizing us, and IPR's are just the icing on the cake.

All in the name of "balance".

and no, you didnt hurt my feelings, you were just posting ignorantly, makeing acusations about my knowledge of the game and what I think.

I am pretty sure you suck at this game, or you would not be out of IPR's and thinking you were "stuck"

Lemme know what you did with your Complete IPR, then with each of your other IPR's and lets talk about that if you want to prove something to me.

Show me that you actually had NEED for the changes you made, show me that funcom made your toon unplayable at LEAST 3 times since the first IPR.

You wont, you cant because they have not nerfed that many things that badly.

Ill say it again, you want to experiment, RE-F'N ROLL.

You can get from 1-100 faster than you can get from 150-155.

Gimme a break.

I have proved my point, and I have had everyone except geal (who actually had something reasonable to say) on the other side try to disprove my points.

NOBODY HAS DISPROVEN JACK. Tell me WHAT YOU DID WITH YOUR IPR. Then if it is actually reasonable and not "flavor of the month" I may actually concede. I defy you to prove to me you needed to use all that resetting of points unless you are a complete moron or complete nubi. If you are a complete nubi anywhere near 200 then you ARE a complete moron.

I will post here again when someone comes up with an argument worth talking about.

Whiners beware, how pathetic people can be... "I want it easy and fast"... There are 8 character slots, you DO know that dont you?

kthxbye
    Last edited by Yazule; Oct 26th, 2002 at 06:15:31.

ROFLOL

a full ip reset is good i used alot of ip to get on my 15% llts now they are nerfing it so i demand a full ip reset
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Yazule I disagree with you. Everyone was pretty much the same before the reset. One hand edge users ran around with riders, atrox with beams etc...

IP resets give people a way to try different things with thier character. Your argument is based on limited content and thats not the players fault. If thier was more graphical differences between weapons and 3/4 of them didnt suck then you would see more uniqueness.

Funcoms problem is whenever they add something new to the game like a weapon its always better than all previous and anyone that pvp is more than likely going to travel towards it. The X-3 rifle is a good example. Instead of taking the time and uping the damage on previous rifles they choose to put 1 rifle in that exceeds them all. The beam is another example. Any profession that choose atrox and 2 hand blunt goes beam cause thier is no other weapon thats good. This is crucial in PVP. Players that PVP want the best item for thier skills to be competitive.

Lets take a hypothetical example: Fumcom introduces 30 new weapons for each skill that has similar damage. Each weapon has its own unique graphical look and action. No matter how many IPR you have people will use thier resets to find a weapon style they like the best. You wouldnt see all crats running around with x-3 rifles since thiers 30 other weapons for each smg, shotgun, assult etc.. that produce similar results but look and act differently.

Content is the number one killer of uniqueness and enjoyement not the IPR.

BTW im not for a full IPR but an individual IPR thats earned through some token system.
    Last edited by Lionhrt; Oct 27th, 2002 at 03:21:32.

i thought the reason that FC gave us the IPRs we have now was so players could change after nerfs and changes to the game; not for personal perferences.

giving another full IPR would help me and my character, but...

HOW THE HELL COULD THIS GAME GET ANY EASIER>!>!>!>!>?!?!?!?!

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

NO IPR! It killed me too many times! I used it and forgot to look under the "Speed" sections. No Init or evades?! IPR is bad! Heh, joking. I actually put IP into my Inits after IPR, but I did forget evades. Its a funny story that I like to share.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Give people the option of redeeming tokens for board merit or a single IPR point....

If you don't want to use IPR, you don't have to...
    .: Naraya :.

Originally posted by Yazule

1) really? I am not 150 yet and have *would have to look but pretty sure* 10 IPR, so you saying you get no IPR at 200 and 5 at 150... again I will have to look when I get home and then come back and edit if I am wrong (dont pay much attention cause I dont use them)
    Wrong

-Level 1 - 1 IPR

-Level 15 - 2 IPR

- Level 50 - 2 IPR

-Level 100 - 3 IPR

-Level 150 - 3 IPR

-Level 190 - 4 IPR
    Yagyu for life

I am also against IPR. I haven't used my IPR for anything except to reset melee init, since I was raising that till they fixed phys. IPR does enable people to change to the flavor of the month, and that is not what the designers intended. As for the promised "class-balancing" items for NTs and engis, you think FC would be stupid enough to make them use skills that you don't already have developed? I think not.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Originally posted by Yazule

I will say it one more time, IP resets are dumb, if you mess up you mess up. For over half of this game's life there were no ip resets, now everyone uses them like a drug, and when they run out they want MORE MORE MORE.

It dilutes the game completly. It makes everyone the same in the end. Pretty much takes away what little uniqueness exists in the game.

basically it is dumb to work on your skills, come up with something nobody else has ever done, be cool, unique, and maybe in your own way UBER. Just to have someone go "hey that is neat, think I will change everything I am doing mid stream and do that".

There is no way for you to use tactics to be better, everyone will just use your tactics when they realize they are better.

everyone will use the krut (example) until Funcom says "oh my, it must be over powered... NERF" (FA's prime example)

It is so BS.

Yes I have been around since beta, and honestly, the game was a hella lot better in beta than it is now.

and no, you didnt hurt my feelings, you were just posting ignorantly, makeing acusations about my knowledge of the game and what I think.

I am pretty sure you suck at this game, or you would not be out of IPR's and thinking you were "stuck"

Lemme know what you did with your Complete IPR, then with each of your other IPR's and lets talk about that if you want to prove something to me.

Show me that you actually had NEED for the changes you made, show me that funcom made your toon unplayable at LEAST 3 times since the first IPR.

Gimme a break.

I have proved my point, and I have had everyone except geal (who actually had something reasonable to say) on the other side try to disprove my points.

NOBODY HAS DISPROVEN JACK. Tell me WHAT YOU DID WITH YOUR IPR. Then if it is actually reasonable and not "flavor of the month" I may actually concede. I defy you to prove to me you needed to use all that resetting of points unless you are a complete moron or complete nubi. If you are a complete nubi anywhere near 200 then you ARE a complete moron.

I will post here again when someone comes up with an argument worth talking about.

Whiners beware, how pathetic people can be... "I want it easy and fast"... There are 8 character slots, you DO know that dont you?
    *edit* love how I go from being someone who doesnt know to someone that knows it all

Soon you are going to need more PR's (personality resets) because you are burning through yours so damn fast for no good reason.

/edit

It is so BS.

Gimme a break.

Here is an argurment for you, the game is a cookie cutter game. Please list the different armor options that are truly viable, also list the weapons that are truly viable for each profession. As an MP, I would LOVE to try out some different weapons. As the game changed we should have some IPR. Thats a horrible comparison about IRP being like a drug. In the real world we can all get out of bad purchases, its called a return policy, you can even do it with real estate. Even though its called soemthign different. I see no reason why we can't have that option of IPR in game.

Please when compiling the results, take into account "Viable weapon options" like Attack rating, professions and breed caps, and dark blue weapons skills for non-weapons class users.

I truly believe that IPR made it possible to see different professions wearing different things.. there was more variety between the professions after the IPR than b4. This is a MMORPG changes are imminent, and we should be allowed to change with the game. I have yet to read a good reason why it should NOT be allowed.

/me Cheers for IPR ( for all lvls not just 200)

Oh, and about the 8 character slots, how many people do you think will continue to play a game that you constantly have to re-roll every 6-9 months due to massive changes in game play? Or be stuck with out of date weapons.

What if somone told you, that you were stuck with the same pair of shoes for the rest of your life, would you be happy?

LOL I think you need a dose of RL buddy, I for one don't have the time to re-roll. I have better things to spend my time on. I'm glad I didn't make too many mistakes for my character, but i'm an advocate of changes, and I see no reason why we can't "Tinker" with our characters as the game changes.

Oxide 157 MP
    Last edited by oXiDe; Oct 27th, 2002 at 00:59:06.

Originally posted by Intenseheat
    I am also against IPR. I haven't used my IPR for anything except to reset melee init, since I was raising that till they fixed phys. IPR does enable people to change to the flavor of the month, and that is not what the designers intended. As for the promised "class-balancing" items for NTs and engis, you think FC would be stupid enough to make them use skills that you don't already have developed? I think not.

So i will say again, if you had to wear the same pair of shoes your entire life you you be happy?

Honestly speaking, do you have time in your life to re-roll and spend 100 + days getting your character up to lvl 160-170 every time the game mechanics change? I sure don’t have that kind of free time, and if I did, I would not spend it all on a video game.

This is why there should be IRP, there is such a thing as casual gamers.

Originally posted by Naraya
    Give people the option of redeeming tokens for board merit or a single IPR point....

If you don't want to use IPR, you don't have to...
    I agree !!!

every 20 tokens collected, we get an IPR. Atleast i would be more willing to try out some of the different things in this game, w/o feeling concerned about every IP I put into a skill.. debating if it will mess up my character in the future.

So i will say again, if you had to wear the same pair of shoes your entire life you you be happy?
    hee hee... this was close to a good argument BUT

any shoe irl use "feet skills"

ie I can change my shoes as long as I want If I have feet.

I have used about 4 different 2hb weapons in the game.

a full ip reset is good i used alot of ip to get on my 15% llts now they are nerfing it so i demand a full ip reset
    this is just proof of my point that IPR's create cookie cutters

And on top of it all, they want a FULL IP restet because of 2 skills for an item.

Even if I thought IPR's were a good Idea... you should be able to get a full IPR because of 2 skills?

Thanks for proving my point so eloquently and in so few words.

ROFLOL

What about no

The first IPR was already too much, if you cant make a toon without making mistakes every level reroll or change game.
    Asking another IPR shows how much mistakes you made thats all, and the scope reason isnt valuable for a full ipr.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast