Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: IP reset

IP reset

this has probably been mentioned before..but i would like another IP reset in 14.6. the reason for this is because so many new items have been released as well as nerfed. if your proposal on your inits go through, what happens to the ma's who spent all their ips in shotguns (that already used the reset)? i would like to see a reset...i as an adventurer already used my reset once (this is because of the new lines of pistols that came out and i finallly wanted to use pistols) but once i found out pistols still suck (broken mr, and broken inits-bbi), i would like another chance. im suggesting that after everytime a huge patch comes out introducing and nerfing a lot of items, that a ip reset should be made available to allow us players to adjust.

i would love this too, or at least they should refund a limited number of reset points to ppl within a certain lvl range with none left. rerolling a lvl 75+ char can be painful
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

Re: IP reset

Originally posted by geal
    this has probably been mentioned before..but i would like another IP reset in 14.6. the reason for this is because so many new items have been released as well as nerfed. if your proposal on your inits go through, what happens to the ma's who spent all their ips in shotguns (that already used the reset)? i would like to see a reset...i as an adventurer already used my reset once (this is because of the new lines of pistols that came out and i finallly wanted to use pistols) but once i found out pistols still suck (broken mr, and broken inits-bbi), i would like another chance. im suggesting that after everytime a huge patch comes out introducing and nerfing a lot of items, that a ip reset should be made available to allow us players to adjust.
    as far as shotty using MA's... they gettin what they deserve hehe, what would their sensae say!! hehe

one full IP reset was given, and it was a serious mistake because people will be asking for them over and over.

I never used the full reset, even though my enforcer has 400 MA, and every melee skill from my experimental days.

I never used one IPR either, though someday I may decide to. I am still fine, still kill mobs, still have fun.

I am AGAINST more IPR and a full reset. geesh, ever heard of "reroll"?

people got a taste and now MORE MORE MORE. when will it end!

One of the reasons they gave the full IP restet btw was the treatment exploit. They made everyone disarm all their stuff, hence making 90% of the people "honest" (the other 10% are non-leveling low level twinks)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Re: Re: IP reset

Originally posted by Yazule

as far as shotty using MA's... they gettin what they deserve hehe, what would their sensae say!! hehe

one full IP reset was given, and it was a serious mistake because people will be asking for them over and over.

I never used the full reset, even though my enforcer has 400 MA, and every melee skill from my experimental days.

I never used one IPR either, though someday I may decide to. I am still fine, still kill mobs, still have fun.

I am AGAINST more IPR and a full reset. geesh, ever heard of "reroll"?

people got a taste and now MORE MORE MORE. when will it end!

One of the reasons they gave the full IP restet btw was the treatment exploit. They made everyone disarm all their stuff, hence making 90% of the people "honest" (the other 10% are non-leveling low level twinks)
    Well while I agree with some of those points, there's no-way on rubi-ka I would reroll my 181 main, way too much work has gone into him.
    I'd like another complete IPR too, to change over to melee, I anint got it so I I'll just have to use up ip the old way, but another IPR would be great for me, and keep a lot of higher lvl players interested.

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

What's the problem with another IP reset? I don't personally need one now, but i might when the new NT "thing" comes out. I'm against there being a finite amount of reset points on characters whenever there are changes to the game. Maybe right now i want to reset my rifle so that i can go to pistol, and then later to submachine gun only to find out 6 months from now, when a massive change happens to my class, i no longer have enough IPR to take advantage of the change.

Right now I really don't need anything, but i may later, and its that unknown that makes it tough. I'd really like to see a 1 week IPR period after each patch. Since it looks like patches will only come out 6 times a year now (despite a 4-6 week time frame by Funcom, LIARS) its not like people will really be able to exploit with that.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Boom, when you hit 150, you will have 80k IP/level, that is insane. Anything you want to boost you will be able to in a level or 3.

The question isnt what is wrong with an IP reset, the question is WHY would you need it!

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

The question isnt what is wrong with an IP reset, the question is WHY would you need it!
    I don't need it. But some of Funcom's paying customers seem to want it. It doesn't cost Funcom anything to do, as they have proven they know how to do it. It doesn't hurt the players that don't need one at all. I see no reason not to. It seems like such a simple way to make some people happy without harming anyone else.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

IPreset

I don't think its quite time for an IP reset just yet. Some things have changed, but not quite enough to warrant it. When the booster and expansion come out, however, it'll probably be time to have another IPreset so people can adjust to all the new things added.

As for reroll....no, that's not an alternative. It took me 6 months to get my fixer to level 60, and I would never reroll, I'd simply quit.
    L58 Fixer RK1

well, given the dynamic nature of AO, I think that IPR should be feature of the game, I'm really pleased for those of you that feel they don't need, you picked the exacley right course of action with a toon right away, and have no desire to try anything new with that character.

Good for you really, some of us have already rerolled, some of us are still waiting on promised fixes to certain weapons, some us had the colour of certain skills changed in a patch, anyone still thinking no-one has the right to ask for the chance to re-set?

What I don't understand is why anyone would be down on the notion of IPR again in the first place, it's something of an arrorgant point of view to think "if I don't personaly need it then no-one else should either"..?

If a given player doesn't need it, would then why would it hurt that given player for anyone else to have it?

I'm talking about the idea in princible, and like everyone else, from a personal view point, what's wrong with having IPR again?

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

IPR = teh sux

IPR = Cookie cutter creator

If you wanna be the "best cookie cutter" all the time you can just leave right away I dont like you. not at all actually.

changed colours of skills ???

that was Adventureres having mm and mw changed.
    then came the IPR which the ADV's could use to set things straight.

Everyone know or can learn how many Reset points they'll get from lvl0-200 it really isnt that hard. So what you do is use them wisely.. very easy and straightforward really.

I'm a MA Engineer, and they are going to nerf my LLTS, also VE for melee - so I want some IPR points to reset PhysInit, MA, Brawl. I can demand this since they are changing the roule...

Originally posted by BrutalThug
    Everyone know or can learn how many Reset points they'll get from lvl0-200 it really isnt that hard. So what you do is use them wisely.. very easy and straightforward really.
    I agree but I disagree. I hate cookie cutter as much as the next person, but there is a point where maybe IPR would be a good idea. For instance, say i used all my IP reset points up a month ago. Say I'm totally ok with not having them any more and I am completely happy with the choices I made. Then Funcom changes my class completely. I don't mean by nerfing a scope or anything stupid like that. Not just a nerf or a change to single item, but a completely different path for the entire class (my example is, of course, the new direction NT's appear to be going). Now, when they change the class it is not unreasonable to ask to be able to change the character with the class change so as to be able to actually make use of it.

That's when i think IPR is a good idea. Otherwise, I simply don't mind if people want to change their character around in response to a change in the game. I like the IP reset points alot, but they are static and the game is dynamic.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Originally posted by BrutalThug
    IPR = teh sux

IPR = Cookie cutter creator

If you wanna be the "best cookie cutter" all the time you can just leave right away I dont like you. not at all actually.

changed colours of skills ???

that was Adventureres having mm and mw changed.
    then came the IPR which the ADV's could use to set things straight.

yes it was adv, click on my name in my sig, yep I remember it happening.

since then we had all the broken promises of ranged weapon fixes that screwed us up, now with out making it personal, can anyone answer the question I actually asked?
    for those of you that might have missed it:

What's wrong with IPR?

peace
    cal

Originally posted by Krabbus
    I'm a MA Engineer, and they are going to nerf my LLTS, also VE for melee - so I want some IPR points to reset PhysInit, MA, Brawl. I can demand this since they are changing the roule...
    This is a bad example of why IPR is a good idea. In this example, the guy was using a targetting scope to punch people in the face and he's upset he can't do it anymore so he wants to reset 3 skills because of a change to an item. I really mean for IPR to be used for when the class changes.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

IMO, we CAN'T have an IP reset every couple of months because people like the new items added to the game...

That was the intended function of the IPR's they gave us... the IPR's were to allow us to change in case future gameplay changes required us to need to reset skills....

I would like to see a system though where IPR can be earned at new token levels. For instance, for every 250 tokens above 1000 tokens, you recieve 1 new ipr... this would at least make tokens retain their value above 1k.

Originally posted by Thoughtless
    IMO, we CAN'T have an IP reset every couple of months because people like the new items added to the game...

That was the intended function of the IPR's they gave us... the IPR's were to allow us to change in case future gameplay changes required us to need to reset skills....

I would like to see a system though where IPR can be earned at new token levels. For instance, for every 250 tokens above 1000 tokens, you recieve 1 new ipr... this would at least make tokens retain their value above 1k.
    Now there's a constructive idea!
    I like that well done,

I have 4k tokens, (3k/250= 12)so that's 12 resets I'd have earnt by now. more than enough points for me

peace
    cal

I'm really pleased for those of you that feel they don't need, you picked the exacley right course of action with a toon right away, and have no desire to try anything new with that character.
    I dont think you get it. I have a 141 enforcer with 400 MA, 350 parry, I dont use either skill. I have over 250 in ALL melee skills, yet I still have race capped int, title caped on 4 of my nano abilities, title caped brawl, 2hb and enough comp lit for 375 ncu.

Yes I am slightly gimped because I could max my evades with those IP's. Such is life, I am still very viable and when you get over 150 you get 80k ip/level

no desire to try anything new? I have TONS of extra skills, you dont know my style of play, please dont emote my desires, thanks! I was an enforcer using BTW, switchout with beam/hammer, once was a peircing guy, used a shotty once, parry sheilds, used em. Redefining your character completely with an IPR is reroll minus leveling.

You could get to level 100 in about 4 weeks once you konw the game fyi . Not even trying I have a 40 doc in 2 weeks, not even trying.

ROFLOL

I dont think you get it. I have a 141 enforcer with 400 MA, 350 parry, I dont use either skill. I have over 250 in ALL melee skills, yet I still have race capped int, title caped on 4 of my nano abilities, title caped brawl, 2hb and enough comp lit for 375 ncu.

Yes I am slightly gimped because I could max my evades with those IP's. Such is life, I am still very viable and when you get over 150 you get 80k ip/level

no desire to try anything new? I have TONS of extra skills, you dont know my style of play, please dont emote my desires, thanks! I was an enforcer using BTW, switchout with beam/hammer, once was a peircing guy, used a shotty once, parry sheilds, used em. Redefining your character completely with an IPR is reroll minus leveling.

You could get to level 100 in about 4 weeks once you konw the game fyi . Not even trying I have a 40 doc in 2 weeks, not even trying.
    ok go back and read the question,
    I'm talking about the idea in princible, and like everyone else, from a personal view point, what's wrong with having IPR again?
    peace
    cal

in reply to that particular question I find that it leads to less and less uniqueness in AO. First all classes will get to the point of cookie cutter flavor of the month. Then you will get all ranged/meele cookie cutter of the month.

In essence it homoginizes(sp?) us, makes the game quite boring.

I love the uniqueness of my characters and their little mistakes. I hate it when everyone looks the same, has the same weapons, same skills.

I like uniqueness. That is one of my reasons for keeepin my 400 MA for example. Yes I am a beam enforcer, but i have other skills (even still have my BWT in my pack) and talents that make me unique.

That is my take on it based on "my principles". I will never win this fight, and funcom's love of the nerf bat will make IP resets needed again. Well, "needed" people have the IP in high end game to change over to just about anything a couple of times, but peeps just dont like seeing "wasted skills"

I think when I decide to quit I will use all my IPR's and put my skills into adv, swimming, sharp object, and bow!

hehe

then sell my account on ebay! (joke)

ROFLOL

you claim about being unique....well isnt a engineer using ma skills or an ma using shotgun skills quite unique. the point of the whole ipr is so that certain ppl wont be gimped when nerfs or items are introduced just because they wanted to be unique. bow using adv for isntance are gonna be hurt by the new scopes (huge penalties to phy and melee inits). i mean funcom seemed to enjoy having the uniqueness taken out of us and opts for these cookie cutters. why do you think they introduced prof only weapons? im just saying if they are going to do that, let the non-cookie cutters and the ppl funcom is hurting due to broken items/nerfed items have a chance of resetting ips.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast