Thread: [RK2] OTPC: Omni-Tek Strikes a Blow to Smugglers.

[RK2] OTPC: Omni-Tek Strikes a Blow to Smugglers.

Omni-Tek Strikes a Blow to Smugglers.
    July 30, 29485 - [Rimor]

Following months of intensive investigation and anti-smuggler operations by Omni-Tek, a raid was launched upon the main smuggler base known as Kabrink.

After directives from Omni-Prime had been received ordering a focus on the ever present smuggling network that was eating at the profits of the Corporation and therefore every loyal member of the Company, efforts had been placed in motion to both identify those involved, and locate their bases of operation.

Omni-Tek Armed Forces were involved in the location and tracking of the smugglers and their ships. These ships were being used in the transport of illegal or illicitly obtained goods as well as a large amount of illegally mined notum. After many months, this investigation led to the discovery of the main outpost in use by these criminals, which was identified as an asteroid they named Kabrink.

With the major raid hitting Kabrink, a few ships managed to escape the initial strike, only to find themselves running afoul of a number of alien ships that were apparently attracted to the area by the activity. A number of these ships were noted being shot down by a combination of the Armed Forces fleet and the aliens, who inadvertently ended up supporting the raid in progress by hindering the escape of these criminals.

Those ships that made planet fall where monitored by Omni-Tek and members of the corporation where dispatched to apprehend these criminals as well as protect them from the alien forces that followed them down.

Unfortunately due to the actions of some of Rubi-Ka's non corporate citizens getting in the way of the corporate protectors many of these ships did not manage to survive the alien assault. While Omni-Tek feel that it would have been better if the criminals had been able to be safely apprehended, the destruction of these ships and the deaths of the smugglers still prevents them further damaging the corporation and may deter further smugglers approaching Rubi-ka with the known risks.

Before Cora jumps in, please note that not ALL smugglers are in fact, clan. Some of them are completely unaligned, and some come from within Omni-tek itself.

Those are the facts. Criminality does not border on grounds of faction at all. This is not a statement meant to attack any one particular faction, only that I am taking a pre-emptive countermeasure towards the amount of BS that I am expecting to hear from the ill informed.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I'm under no such delusion that only Clans are smugglers - i am very much aware of both Neutral and Omni smugglers. Prehaps you are confused with my many statements that all Clans are criminals?

Anyway i wouldn't worry, i am quite the opposite of being ill-informed Bubba; hence my own recent victory against smugglers.

Anyway congratulations to Omni-Tek another fine victory!
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Oh no, I'm rarely confused by statements that you have made concerning that ALL clans are criminals. In fact, these statements are well documented, of course, by your own admission.

Your victory? That's certainly quite odd to hear you say. I have it on inside accounts that most of them managed to escape. So yeah, I suppose that you are so well-informed you knew that part too, eh?

Victory. Ha.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Yay! Neutrals are criminals too! It's nice to be remembered.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Red, if you are a criminal.. then i'd wager you're my kinda criminal.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I have it on inside accounts that most of them managed to escape.
    I thought you was smarter than that.

I'm not going to comment further as i will land myself into alot of trouble. But just think exactly where does your information come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    I thought you was smarter than that.

I'm not going to comment further as i will land myself into alot of trouble. But just think exactly where does your information come from?
    A smart person doesn't give up their sources, I'm happy to say. Do your own homework.

If my people were here to speak for themselves, it would dance to the beat of:
    "Don't f**k with us, Cora."
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Hey I'm here, and I always love a good reason to go dancing!

*does a few quick steps before laughing as he morphs into a Saber and heads out the door*
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

I didn't ask for you to reveal them - just think where the information actually comes from.

If i have to break this down for you, i'm going to lose the respect i held for you.

I didn't ask for you to reveal them - just think where the information actually comes from.

If i have to break this down for you, i'm going to lose the respect i held for you.
    Dear Cora,

I guess you are hinting that Omni-Tek supplied false information to Bubbacrush. This brings up 2 questions for me. First of all, why would you supply information that makes the clans feel good making them more stable and undermining the image of Omni-Tek?
    Secondly, assuming that you supplied this information, why would you tell now? Doesn't that undo the effort of getting this false information out in the first place?

I'm sorry if you experience this as an attack on your person or on Omni-Tek Cora. I'm an independent scientist and inconsistencies like this simply make me curious.

-EDTA
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

No, I understood completely. But you should realize that I have been at this business for far longer then you have, and I know precisely the sort of individual or network that goes into advancing a criminal pofile. While a very small mind may blanket an entire profile with the implication "Well they are all criminals and therefor all liars". How do you know that? Has it been lies 100% of the time? Do you know where to find truth hidden in lies? Do you understand the sort of process that goes into why or how people tell lies?

Not all 'criminals' are not the same, and you can't just loop two or three bits and call it a pattern. This, I wager, is just a symptom of most of your failures. You have a sincere lack of attention to detail.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...