Thread: Omni-RP Primer

Omni-RP Primer

While I was searching for my PDF on the History of the Solitus I stumbled across an old RP Primer I made for Omni-Tek employees.

I figured I might as well make it available as well.

So, for anyone who is interested, you can find it here.
    Last edited by Trousers; Dec 10th, 2012 at 22:06:22.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

So if my org name is Omni-Pol Alpha Division - it doesn't really mean i'm in control of Omni-Pol!?

Jheez. No wonder you people hate me

Juuuust kidding. Nice memo pantsman! I shall be using it for all my future slaves employees
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Not that I'm an OT member or nothing, but:

During character creation you are not selecting a first name like most MMO’s but rather a unique nickname. Everyone, no matter how shady will have a first and last name their parents gave them.
    OBJECTION!

For the case of my main, Namiru, I never chose a first name, as I assumed his first name was unique enough to be used as a nickname. So he became "Namiru" Hayataki. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be the same for an OT Employee with a unique first name.

Not quite likewise, my fixer's first name is simply listed as "Mr.", and his last name "Johnson" It is assumed that "Mr. Johnson" is an alias, but no-one knows who Weefleboy is. All of his birth or ICC immigration records have mysteriously vanished.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    I never chose a first name, as I assumed his first name was unique enough to be used as a nickname. So he became "Namiru" Hayataki. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be the same for an OT Employee with a unique first name.
    It's not really an Objection then. Your election to use the game mechanics a particular way doesn't negate the fact that Character naming is, by design, FirstName "NickName" LastName.

How you choose to employ these are entirely up to you. The memo just outlines how it's intended to be used.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

From Wikipedia
    Noms de guerre

In Ancien Régime France, Noms de guerre (French phrase meaning "names of war" or "war names") were adopted by new recruits (or attributed by the captain of the company) as they enlist in the French army. These nicknames had an official character and were the ancestor of identification numbers : soldiers were identified by their first names, their family names, and their noms de guerre (i.e. Jean Amarault dit Lafidélité). These pseudonyms were usually related to the soldier's place of origin (i.e. Jean Deslandes dit Champigny, for a soldier coming from a town named Champigny), or to a particular physical or psychological trait (i.e. Antoine Bonnet dit Prettaboire, for a soldier pręt-ŕ-boire, ready-to-drink). In 1716 “noms de guerre” were mandatory for every soldier, officers did not adopted noms de guerre as they considered them derogatory. In daily life, these aliases could replace the real family name.[7]

((this is the part that fits here))
    They were later adopted by members of the French resistance during World War II for security reasons. Such pseudonyms are often adopted by military special forces soldiers, such as members of the SAS and other similar units, resistance fighters, terrorists, and guerrillas. This practice hides their identities and protects their families from reprisal; it may also be a form of dissociation from domestic life.

For "Gunfytr", his use of a Noms de Guerre is to protect his past from clients and enemies both.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Jul 29th, 2011 at 17:28:34.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.