Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - July 22nd, 2011: Hangin' Around

Funcom employee Friday with(out) Means - July 22nd, 2011: Hangin' Around

Hey guys! Summer vacation rolls on here at the Funcom offices, and things are a little quiet overall with the majority of the team taking some well-deserved time off. Means, cube, MstrBstrd and myself still haunt the floor, with Lindelu omnipresent on Skype, and just because everyone *else* is on holiday that doesn't mean we can't break off a few shinies to show everybody.

While Means, Linde and I have been putting effort into getting the new Daily Missions & instances (all currently available on Testlive!) tweaked, polished, fixed and finalized, cube & MstrBstrd have both been hard at work cranking out the graphical awesomeness - As I've said before, though, a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'mma shut up and just toss out some renders for you guys. Enjoy, and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

German Translation!
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

first ... trolls are sleeping or what ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Visited both parts of 4 Holes yesterday. I was shocked at how good things looked already! Can't wait to see The Cannary (is that what it's called?) once the new engine hits.

Oh, and speaking of boxes: can you add some lootable chests in the random buildings that people can enter but otherwise serve no purpose? Just fill 'em with the same loot table as Barrels in missions.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    first ... trolls are sleeping or what ?
    Must be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Visited both parts of 4 Holes yesterday. I was shocked at how good things looked already! Can't wait to see The Cannary (is that what it's called?) once the new engine hits.
    Huh?
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jul 25th, 2011 at 22:04:01.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

That heckler looks pretty damn scary :O

Give us different colors on the hecklers depending on their names! Of earth, dreams, etc etc ^^
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

what?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by rurounin View Post
    give us different colors on the hecklers depending on their names! Of earth, dreams, etc etc ^^
    *whistles innocently*
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Nice heads. Those hecklers actually look like rock now.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

1st page
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    *whistles innocently*
    I don't believe that you can whistle.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I don't believe that you can whistle.
    even less "inocently".
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Make sure you got a job opening for me in 10 months when I finish my Computer Information Systems Bachelor's kay
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

1st page! Did you get flooded over there?
    Pieman - 220/30/68 - Pistol Cratteh
    Notumlord - 220/30/67 - Nuke em good!
    Stilet - 220/19/60 - MP Buff Stick

Those heads don't look asian enough now.

Actually, "the shinies" look pretty good. The hecklers actually look like rock golems. Can the celebratory heckler pet remain with what will be considered the "old school graphics" look once the engine update goes live?

What's the latest on the July 31 deadline for the celebratory heck pet deal & people with 3-11 months left on their long term subscriptions? Is the deadline to get the pet with a 6-12 month subscription going to get extended to May 31, 2012 or what?
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Jul 22nd, 2011 at 17:01:46. Reason: typo
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Oooh, i like posted early or something... is that good?

I am sorry to see the Hecklers and reclaim terminals.
    These are at the core of AO gameplay, they really should have made more of a thing of them,
    they look good sure but as we will be spending significant time doing "hecklorz!!!" ( and rezzing) they should upgrade the looks more.

We should hold out for blinky lights at the very least!

... heads were nice tho, 'troxes dont look silly anymore.
    I think the Pini's will want those opi-ears back right soonish.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Mr. Hankie looks angry :O
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Fw(o)M - July 21st, 2011: Hangin' Around
    mmh strange, I always knew that AO is ahead of the times or the opposite (depends on your point of view), but as today is 22th of July in which reality Kintaii lives? maybe some kind of holiday reality?

I did expect the future to have more blinking lights.
    Quote:
    Fw(o)M - July 21st, 2011: Hangin' Around
    mmh strange, I always knew that AO is ahead of the times or the opposite (depends on your point of view), but as today is 22th of July in which reality Kintaii lives? maybe some kind of holiday reality?
    Actually, I think it is T1/2WoM (Thursday and a half without Means)

First. Hecks kinda look decent. Jet pack and stuff looks cool. Heads are still weird shapes
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast