Thread: Crazy RP Ideas/Stories/Scenarios

Crazy RP Ideas/Stories/Scenarios

I've had a lot of RP ideas in the past year, but I didn't think there was enough roleplayers left to even share this with. Some ideas are based on the AO Timeline but actually takes place elsewhere (not on RK/SL).

======================

"Corporate Wars" - Short stories of the legendary war between the hyper-corporations.

- The Shadow - After a large space battle between Omni-Tek and Sol fleets, an omni fighter pilot is marooned on a moon; without means to communicate he is left behind. It doesn't take long for him to realize he wasn't the only one on the moon as someone tries to hunt him down. Is it a Sol Corp soldier or is an alien?

- Espionage & Love - A Sol Corp spy has infiltrated the ranks of the Omni-Tek Intelligence branch on Mars, but falls in love with a young female omni Officer. Torn between his loyalty to a company whom his family has been a part of for centuries and his feelings for her; he must make a life changing decision. Send crucial information that could turn the tide of the war which would almost guarantee his love's death, or betray his family and do nothing, which would mean the loss of hundreds of thousands of lives, including his own kin.

- Chase - In the ruins of a city, an innocent civilian is running for his life from Omni-Tek and Sol soldiers, both sides thinking they are chasing their enemies.

======================

"Dark Star" (Mini-Series) - The adventures of crew of the Omni-Tek Battleship 'Dark Star', the oldest, most outdated ship (and hated) of the mighty corporation. An overweight Captain with delusions of grandeur (also thinks he is a Casanova/Don Juan); a second in command who is an expert marksman that wants to shoot someone every day (even if it's a member of the crew); an engineering officer that creates daily excuses to avoid real work; the ship's hologram doctor that thinks he is really human and a tactical officer who doesn't quite know how to target the ships weapons in the right direction.

======================

"'Troxing" (Mini-Series) - An atrox with a high level of intelligence has to pretend to be an idiot to continue being a star of a reality holo-show on the gridfeed. Outsmarting the cast, the staff and the corporation who hired him for the show he saves the show (and a few lives) in several episodes of "Troxing".

======================

"Witness" - A young girl survives a savage attack by the Sentinels Clan and is the star witness at a very public trial of the suspected murderers. With only 6 hours left before she testifies, things go from bad to worse. The safe house where she was under Omni-Pol protection comes under heavy attack. With a brave '"rookie" officer to keep her alive and on the run, neither knowing who to trust, will she make it to the court alive?

======================

"First Day" (Short Story) - During the first day of the alien invasion a clanner and an omni create an unlikely friendship; saving each other from the waves of aliens attacking Borealis.

======================

"Life" (Short Story) - A day in the life of a female clanner, from haggling over the shopping channel to having to deal with a difficult mission.

======================

There is more, but I gtg eat =P
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

I definitely like the idea of "First Day"
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Looks better than my current cable t.v. lineup.

Continuation.

======================

"Traveler" (Short Story) - A Time traveler from the future visits different periods of Rubikan history, trying to understand why the aliens did not destroy the planet when they had enough power to do so.

======================

"Bonds" (Short Story) - Two brothers share their tales of struggle after five years of not seen each other. One not wanting to choose a side remaining neutral while the other joining the clans.

======================

"Hellbound" (Short Story) - A MP experiments with inter-dimensional rifts to bring stronger demon pets to his side, but what he opens is a gate to hell itself. Will he accept a demon's contract to have the most powerful minion on the planet at the cost of his own soul?

======================

"Behind the Curtain" (Short Story) - A story from back in the day when the original Council of Truth governed the clans. A secretary to one of the Council members is deceived into helping the Dust Brigade, causing the fall of the Council itself.

======================

"Dust and Tears" (Short Story) - A clanner that strongly supports the Dust Brigade realizes his error, after a group of Dusters attack Old Athen and perma-kill some of the town's defenders, his son among them.

======================

"Legacy" (Mini-Series) - An old clanner shares his war experiences and trains his only daughter who has decided to take up arms against the corporation. After months of training she feels ready for real action, kissing her father goodbye she goes to her first mission. The task is difficult but she succeeds, and returns home to an empty house. It takes a few clues for her to remember what happened... her father had died a year before and caused her to go into a delusional reality... her "training" were memories of her father from the times he had returned from battle. Her dead parent had bestowed upon her his Legacy through her own mind.

======================

"Fight!" (Short Story) - Two young kids from different sides of the border (omni/clan) meet in the streets of Newland and without apparent reason begin a brawl of legendary proportions.

======================

6AM I need sleeeeep!!!
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Inspiration requires payment in waking time. No sleep for you.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

By the way, these are just concepts that pop into my mind, they are pure concepts which I wish someone would take further than that.

======================

"Blue Cell" (Short Story) - A freak accident sends a new colonist into the grid, where all means of communication and travel (exits) are blocked to him. In digitized form he wonders the grid, only able to listen to the voices of Rubikans traveling through the grid.

======================

"Freedom" (Short Story) - An Omni-Tek employee has a breakdown after witnessing the torture of a clanner at the hands of OT Guards in the sewers of the Omni-Entertainment district. He begins to recall and analyze moments in his career where he thought the corporation was protecting him from the clans; slowly realizing that he was not truly a free man after all. Will he have the courage to break from the company, or will he accept his role as another cog in the mighty and powerful Omni-Tek?

======================

"Desert Flower" (Mini-Series) - Tales of the adventures of Andrea Machioni, Headmistress of Athen Shire's War Academy (narrated by Sun Tzu, the tactics instructor).

======================

"Darkness" (Short Story) - A shuttle transporting new arrivals crashes on the water, too far away from port. The ship is slowly sinking to the bottom of the sea; to conserve power they shut down all the lights to keep life support systems operational. With only an hour left to live and no sign of rescue, the would-be colonists share their personal stories which lead them to Rubi-Ka.

======================

"Greenie" (Short Story) - A clan child takes a wounded Zix as her secret pet, caring for it and bringing it back to health. Weeks pass and eventually her parent find out about the alien, whom they believe is a threat to their daughter. As they are about to kill it, ignoring the pleas and tears of their child, their town comes under alien attack. Will "Greenie" join the attackers or protect his new family?

======================

"Ascension" (Short Story) - An omni seeks immortality by becoming an Unredeemed. He travels to the depths of the Shadowlands, to Inferno itself. Learning that "The Source" may be the solution to his ambition. He makes a leap of faith, that takes him into a journey which may just take him, in a different direction.

======================

More to come, at some point =P

I'm with Bubba, although they all sound good - 'First Day' grabs me most! Probably 'cos i can kind of relate to it :P
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

though it almost mirrors a story already run by Gunfytr within his pathfinder saga on Atlantean Buzz. (he had a little story with gun getting wind of someone in trouble in outlands, being mobbed by aliens.. finding out after saving her, that she was clan...etc....) But then Gun does seem to have this thing for clan ladies in trouble.
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

And here we go...

======================

"Underground" (GSP/Audio Mini-Series) - During a skirmish a mixed group of omnis and clanners fall into a crevice, landing into Mantis infested tunnels deep underground. With wounded fighters on both sides, they decide on a temporary truce and work together to reach the surface. Guest Appearance by... Mantis Queen.

======================

"AO Comic - Chapter 6" - Breaking the 4th Wall, this comic shows the point of view of a roleplayer and his character.

======================

"AO Cosplay - the Legendary Visual Tale of Anarchists" - Over the years (specially the first 5) some Players have showed up at Conventions and AO Gatherings in costumes based or inspired on the game. This would be an image collection of these wonderful gamers from past and present.

======================

"Payback" (Mini-Series) - A peaceful neutral man who served 30 years in an OT prison for a crime he didn't commit tracks down the people who set him up. The years behind force fields made him a hard man, learning skills from the deadliest prisoners in the universe. Will he be willing to go through innocents to get to the guilty ones?

======================

"Shake & Bake" (Short Story) - A middle aged clanner and his best friend (John "Shake" Aleg and Bewb "Bake" Apie) quit their job as weapon smiths to try and follow their dream to be the fastest yalm racers on Rubi-Ka. Their first (and only) race makes them heroes, by causing several yalm crashes, including one which lands on a secret cache that the Dust Brigade was intending to use against Old Athen.

======================

Time to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    "Desert Flower" (Mini-Series) - Tales of the adventures of Andrea Machioni, Headmistress of Athen Shire's War Academy (narrated by Sun Tzu, the tactics instructor).
    Interesting one. Might write up a little about that if I ever find time to write new things again. If someone else picks it up in the mean time, please keep me posted

The first day and the Shadow idea really sounds interesting. But it is many really good ideas here
    Last edited by Gimpeline; Jul 18th, 2011 at 03:54:07.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    Interesting one. Might write up a little about that if I ever find time to write new things again. If someone else picks it up in the mean time, please keep me posted
    Please feel free to use anything posted here, just let me know so I don't accidentally start a story/project someone else is already working on.

3AM, I don't know wtf am I doing still up....

======================

"World of Rubi-ka - Tabletop RP Game" - Definitely would have to take place during the start of the Notum Wars (No Keeper or Shade profs). It could be a pain to develop, but also could be simplified and limit the level of a characters to the max of 50 (so a lot less nanos to deal with) and the skill system would also would have to be simplified. One of the big fails of AD&D is that they kept adding rules and more rules and more rules to the point that you needed a PHD in Mathematics to even try to comprehend all the stuff that you needed to calculate and roll for.

======================

"Little Leet" (Children Story) - Two children (brother and sister) are lost in Tir and a little leet comes to their rescue, helping them get home safe.

======================

"Unification" (Alternative Timeline Mini-Series) - The aliens defeat all forces in the Outzone and push their way into Omni-1. As defeat is almost certain, the unified clans following the call to arms from the Council of Truth and show up and save the day. With the entire enemy ground force annihilated the alien ships are about to break orbit for a strategic retreat. The Battlestations cease to be a place for omnis and clans to dominate Rubi-Ka but used for the first time as what they were meant to be. The enemy fleet is destroyed by the Battlestations but take heavy damage, they are beyond repair. What nobody knew until after the fight was over, was that the aliens had manage to take the insurance terminals offline and wiped the entire DNA database. The final victory came at a high price... 90% of omni employees had died, and 75% of clan fighters were lost forever. This is the story of how both sides come together to form the first true Rubikan government to rebuild a world in ruins.

======================

"Lovely Credits" (Short Story) - A wealthy Omni Trader will have to chose between a business deal that will make him a fortune and true love.

======================

3:30AM got wife aggro... nite!

2AM and another crazy idea materialized in my mind...

======================

"Love is Blind" - Not a story but a Date Sim featuring a young female clanner who is conflicted between a brave and heroic member of her clan and a former love who joined the Corporation but saved her by smuggling her out of Borealis during the takeover of the town back in May of 29480. With her former partner appearing once again to save her (this time against the Dust Brigade) which one will she choose?

Ok so this is an idea which I don't think has ever been tried, it would have to be a web-based game, with screenshots and multiple choices, etc etc. It would be quite a chunk of work, with alternative endings (and of course more than 2 pretenders, usually in a Date Sim there are like 4-6).

Yeah, crazy idea... I can't do it, but someone could... what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by StanimirB View Post
    But then Gun does seem to have this thing for clan ladies in trouble.
    /wink
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    "Blue Cell" (Short Story) - A freak accident sends a new colonist into the grid, where all means of communication and travel (exits) are blocked to him. In digitized form he wonders the grid, only able to listen to the voices of Rubikans traveling through the grid.
    I might have a go at this. Maybe a slight variation on the theme with limited communication. I wonder if they could learn to hack into fragments of gridstreams like news broadcasts?