Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Friday with Means - July 15th, 2011 - New Stuff

Funcom employee

Quit it, alla y'all. =P

The new Pandemonium encounter is both instanced and non-instanced. You start in non-instanced Pandemonium, continue on to an instanced area, and then the final encounter takes place in non-instanced Pande again. To get to the final boss encounter of the new content, your team first has to go through the instance.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Quit it, alla y'all. =P

The new Pandemonium encounter is both instanced and non-instanced. You start in non-instanced Pandemonium, continue on to an instanced area, and then the final encounter takes place in non-instanced Pande again. To get to the final boss encounter of the new content, your team first has to go through the instance.
    Its AO forums.. home of arguments over damn near anything, lol.

But seriously, thank you so much for the response. I suspected that it could be something like that but wanted confirmation from a trusted source

I'm not sure if you can answer this or not without giving away too much info but...

Is this going to be something that will only be able to done by 3 teams every so often (i.e a long mob respawn) or can 3 teams get together and start the encounter any time they want?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Aug 3rd, 2011 at 18:48:25.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quit it, alla y'all. =P

So like I speculated then. But I guess having fun speculating is considered rude trolling. I'll not ever do that again, then.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Is this going to be something that will only be able to done by 3 teams every so often (i.e a long mob respawn) or can 3 teams get together and start the encounter any time they want?
    It will be a long respawn process - The instance will only be open for a short amount of time each day. The timer is deliberately set to an odd number of hours to ensure rotation and cycling through different time zones. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Can people get to the last boss and kill it even if there aren't enough people to fill the competing instances? (If this is the instance where people had to DD-compete)
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Funcom employee

You must first go through the instance to get to the final boss. The instance itself is designed for a six-man team.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

You must first go through the instance to get to the final boss.
    Captain obvious

I mean, last I heard, raids or teams of people would have to compete with each other to reach the boss first. As I remember it, the competing raids/teams would have to go through identical instances or areas and the first one to the end would get a crack at the boss. Or something like that.

So I'm just wondering if your raid/team can get to that boss and kill it even if the competing area/instance is empty of people? Or do you need someone to compete against in order to be allowed through?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Funcom employee

Oh, no no - There's no type of new system or anything like that; even if only one team actually goes into the instance, they can still get to the final boss. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

!!!!!!! 6man instance?! You broke ur promisse, Kintaii!!!!! Zomg! Where is my MP spot?!!!!!

Okies. Jokes apart. :x why not at least 12man instance? 6man attached with DD wars = doc crat eng shade tank and random :x
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    doc crat eng shade tank and random :x
    Wrong, 4 shades, engi, crat.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Oh, no no - There's no type of new system or anything like that; even if only one team actually goes into the instance, they can still get to the final boss. =)
    So all professions are going to be DD balanced?
    Dragocz RK1

2 new single team raids I want more, bigger raids. Giev.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

its not 2 single team raids...
    also thats a contradiction in itself (single team != raid)

Quote Originally Posted by battlebug123 View Post
    its not 2 single team raids...
    also thats a contradiction in itself (single team != raid)
    How is it not? He said it's designed for a 6 man team, so .. obviously 6 guys get to do it. The dustbrigade is also a 6 man thing. So, 2 new things for 6 guys to do. With the rest of us sitting along side going "yay, maybe i can join next time" but because there'll be some lockout timer on the guys who went in, the people who didn't will be all "oh, now we have no doc/tank/antifear maybe tomorrow".

And how is a single team doing something not raiding it? I don't get that. Is it because there's now something called a "raid interface" that single teams can no longer raid? Right. Let's change the meaning of words...
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567