Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [RK1] OTPC Freelance: Mythical substance in the hands of clan scientists

From where we're standing, the fact you can't catch him makes you look like nothing more than just another meatbag.

Bah, even if you did catch him, meatbag still fits.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

As i said, i'm not after him. So it's not the fact i'm unable to catch him, it's the fact i'm not trying.

The one time where i did try was long time ago, i was a couple months out of training. I doubt any rookie would have been able to make that catch.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Cora, if you come after me I'll bury you neck deep in a deep desert termite mound and smother your ears with honey. Please don't make me do that. My will to survive is greater then my desire to be shackled.

I really wouldn't wanna go that route with you. Not because its big and scary and not because I hate you or anything. I'd literally take no pleasure in it. I've never taken pleasure in killing. Literally, I've never found you at fault for anything. I can't bring myself to blame you for all the things you've done because I honestly don't feel like you know better. You were grown out a proverbial flower pot of Omni-tek, and they have groomed you to do what you do. It was never your fault. You're just doing what you feel is right. The same thing can be said for me too.

But I'm my own creature. What I'd really like for you to consider a moment, is that if you had no Omni-tek to teach you these things, would you feel any different? Who would be your teacher? Who would you live your life out with? How different do you think you would be? What would you value then? What sort of guidance would you have sought out?

I can't answer any of these questions for you. I only offer that perhaps you should think about these things. I bear you no real malice, Cora. You're not my enemy. What does bother me, however, is that one day I may have to burn you simply because someone told you to make me into an enemy. How sad would that be?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I'm not going to reply to the first part of that, we'll just leave it at what’s been said. I know we both have no intentions of pointlessly hurling things at each other across a public channel.

You know Bubba you're a lot smarter than your average Atrox, your average Clan too. You'd do well in Omni-Tek. I've already thought of life outside of Omni-Tek before, I enjoy my writing - not the articles I write for OTPC mind, but creative writing. There’s something soothing about sitting in my comfy chair playing music and delving into my own world whilst I write. Which is what I think I’d have done without Omni-Tek.

However thanks to a scheduled check-up a couple days after this thought I was quickly shown that life outside of Omni-Tek is not worth living. Now I just realise any thoughts about outside of Omni-Tek that are happy are clearly false and need to have them corrected.

I will never be able to understand why people would fight against Omni-Tek. If there was no war, imagine what the denizens of Rubi-Ka could accomplish, imagine the beautiful land that we would be able to see without outposts, military crafts and battlefields scarring the land.

historically, we observe something of a cold war. Omni-tek hates us, but can't live without us on the same context that we hate but cannot live without Omni-tek. We DO in fact have a relationship, politically speaking.

But the truth of the matter is, that yes without that conflict we'd have very little else to say to each other. There is a wonderful life outside of Omni-tek, but you gotta be brave and strong enough to want that life. You look around the countryside and see wreckage maybe, but I look at it as the path of getting what you want out of life, while staring at the ghosts of the past that are monumental to our cultural identity. I don't mind the wreckage of a scuttled hull in the middle of the desert, because that hulk was a part of our history.

We have our system, and you have yours. Instead of seeing the cup as half empty, perhaps we see it as half full.

Maybe I'd do well with Omni-tek, maybe. But I doubt it. I don't cotton to the red tape and im in a system that gets the hell out of my way when I need to work. We don't sign forms in triplicate to tell the other guy down the hall from us were building a sign out front. We have bonfire parties, and sometimes paint our faces, because we are the tribes of the modern age, and we love life no matter how bad it costs. We wouldn't and couldn't live in a society that replaces holo screens with real faces. Our blood is in the sand, and we wouldn't have it any other way. The Desert is our mother, and the canyons are our fathers. Our story is the story of survival from nothing. Its inspirational you know, coming into this world with nothing but everything you have is made from your own two hands, and the fire of your own will.

Oh no, not me. I'm unbreakable. Its part of my nature being an enforcer.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

(( That text should be ingame somewhere <3 ))

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123