Thread: Blitzing headaches

Thumbs down Blitzing headaches

For the past couple of days I have been blitzing missions non-stop. Trying to save up for a yalm. I start in Rome Blue and roll missions until I have 3 "find object" missions to Trade District. The missions are QL25 missions, same level as my character (alt). Always checking to make sure the mission really was accepted (see posts regarding disappearing missions).

Here is a list of problems I see after playing for 3 or 4 hours.

Most of the time, when I find the item and go to pick it up, I have to disengage from combat by hitting the Q key or right clicking on the combat control on the control bar. My Def -Agg bar is all the way to Def. When there aren't very many mobs, this works perfectly fine. The problems start occuring when I have 10 - 15 mobs "chasing" after me. I find the item, go to pick it up and it won't let me, I look at the control bar and notice that it shows I am not in combat. I try and target a mob, believing that the control is displaying the wrong information because of the number of times I have been shot, and I am unable to target a mob. It states "Please wait for previous action to complete". Now after hitting the Q key about 15-20 times in a state of near panic, the control finally changes to show I am in combat, now I can disengage and pick up the item. Most of the time, a few times I have had to run around in the mission for 30 seconds or so until the control shows I am in combat. This is not my idea of fun. Waiting in a crowded room with 10 - 15 things wanting to kill you and you can't target anything or disengage from combat to pick up the item and get the heck out of there. The fun only gets better after that.

After picking up the item, I start my run through the mission to make it back to the mission entrance and safety. Wrong! I usually run into a room and notice that instead of doors, I now see black squares that I can not run through. I can see the other side. It looks like all the doors are open, but all the lights are out in the rooms beyond. Regardless, I can not run through them. Now sometimes, the door I just ran through still looks like a door and I can back track and hope I find another way out, but this doesn't happen very often. Most times I am stuck in a room with four black squares that used to be doors and no way to leave. The mobs can't get in either, which would be great if they couldn't shoot me or nuke me through the walls, but we already know about this bug, don't we.

After logging out of AO, and then gathering up the desire to play once again, it is getting tougher all the time, the problem usually disappears for another couple of hours.
    Samad
    Lvl 84 Fixer Rubi-Ka 2

The distance between stupidity and courage is 9mm.

I'm not sure what your problem is, but I bet it is hard to spell.

On hold until the new batch of anti-gimp medication comes in.

You can turn off auto-attack so that you don't need to disengage from battle every time. From your description, it seems that you're having a laggy connection.
    McDonald happy meal new toys, the mini heckler doll series: Nature, Evolution, Earth, Stones, Metals, Harmony, Elements, Life and Dreams.

Yes, uncheck the Auto attack monster under Misc in Options.
    Before that option became availible you could slide the aggbar to def (slightly below middle was enough I think) to get the auto attack turned off. That is disabled now and you will attack anyway.
    Rothwinter born 4th September 2001

Advisor of KAZE and I eat leet

Re: Blitzing headaches

Originally posted by Samad
    After picking up the item, I start my run through the mission to make it back to the mission entrance and safety. Wrong! I usually run into a room and notice that instead of doors, I now see black squares that I can not run through. I can see the other side. It looks like all the doors are open, but all the lights are out in the rooms beyond. Regardless, I can not run through them. Now sometimes, the door I just ran through still looks like a door and I can back track and hope I find another way out, but this doesn't happen very often. Most times I am stuck in a room with four black squares that used to be doors and no way to leave.
    1. When you notice the first black door, go back the way you came and let the door to the room you want to enter close before you try to enter again.
    2. Lower your speed a little if you're faster than you need to be.
    3. Stay cool.

Neither of these things will fix the real problem, but it will make blitzing a bit easier for you.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll give the suggestions a shot and let you know.

Or you'll know when you see Gimpmeister flying around in a shiny new Yalm!
    Samad
    Lvl 84 Fixer Rubi-Ka 2

Hope you get your yalm soon, respect people that actually work to get something on their own
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

Now if I could just raise the auto paint skill of Gimpmeister high enough, I bet I could put some stylish flames on a Yalm and make noobs shriek in terror when I pop out of the sky!

Then again, I may be dreaming.
    Samad
    Lvl 84 Fixer Rubi-Ka 2

An update if anyone cares.

Turning off the auto target monsters works wonders. Boy do I feel like a n00b.

The doors turning into black squares is still a major problem. Looks like the client and server get way out of sync. When I was stuck in one of these rooms last night, I had mobs hitting me with ranged and melee, even though I could see none of them in the room. Fortunately, I have the highest possible HoTs I could squeeze into (using implants and various expertise nanos).

After about 30 seconds, all of the mobs that were attacking me warped into the room. At that time the doors also went back to normal and I was able to exit.

2 million credits in 3 levels! Not even level 27 yet. I'm feeling positive about getting my yalm by the time I am level 30
    Samad
    Lvl 84 Fixer Rubi-Ka 2

Guess you'll have your yalm soon. Enjoy and have fun.
    For the black door, how about sticking yourself to the wall(you've 4 walls to choose) or hide behind some obstables(if there're any)?
    Maybe you can avoid the hits in some way. Since you'll blitz lots of missions, you may like to try them out. Don't blame me if you die.
    McDonald happy meal new toys, the mini heckler doll series: Nature, Evolution, Earth, Stones, Metals, Harmony, Elements, Life and Dreams.

Black doors are very annoying... Its never a real problem unless there suddenly is 4 black doors... Then you are in trouble... Reported a lot of times, still not fixed (and since its a client-server sync issue, hard to fix). But, I would never as a lvl 27 to slow down Come live with me at 2000 run speed

Thanks Mimi,

I have tried to hide against the walls and if there are any obstacles I have tried that also, no matter where I am at in the room, I get hit. I guess I will just have to live with the fact that sometimes I get hit with this particular bug.

Really not that concerned about it as long as I have both HoTs going and I keep my first aid up to par. I've been able to stand still and take the hits without any cause for concern. Except when I was getting hit for energy damage (that hurt) but, I fixed that by changing the armor I wear.
    Samad
    Lvl 84 Fixer Rubi-Ka 2

There's also a discussion about black doors in next patch forum.
    Here is a suggestion from Xyberviri:
    force a client/server update(easiest way is to hit "U" then "Accept" IE skills system.)
    I don't know if it works for you or not. His situation is that his char run so fast that the client is not updating fast enough. Maybe, this trick can shorten the duration of black door for your case.

Wow. Starting to save up for a yalm and getting 2 million at level 27.

I applaud your initiative!

It took me 4 hours to make enough money to buy my 74 doc alt a yalm - all done on the doc himself - sort of. Sold a full set of ql35 omni-pol, a set of ql75 elite, a ql130 tank, a ql124 so8 head piece, + the money I already had.

ql37 yalm = 522 credits left.

selling **** = 30k credits

ql50 shining eye implant (vehicle airborne +31) = 1.7k left

flying = priceless

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Originally posted by Xpie ♥ You
    ql37 yalm = 522 credits left.

selling **** = 30k credits

ql50 shining eye implant (vehicle airborne +31) = 1.7k left

flying = priceless
    Actually, that should be a QL36 Yalm.
    Glad to see that you were able to equip it.

If I'd known that's what you were selling, I could have helped you out with the 30k. OUCH! That musta hurt.

Oh, and to keep it on topic, I too have run into the all black doors bug. Tonight seems especially bad... esp. when you're blitzing 100% missions. The bad part is, I'm located in NC w/ a fast connection. If I'm not mistaken, FC's servers are in NC as well. WTF is wrong with that picture? I feel sorry for ppl connecting from elsewhere around the world. Will try the "U" and "accept" next time tho.