Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Online 10-Year Anniversary Q&A Panel!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    Written transcription would be nice, i'm just not getting half of stuff Means is saying. Propably bad acoustics of that room are to blame.
    The videos posted by Igr00 seemed to have better audio than the "official" videos. I was able to catch everything watching those.

So part of the reason the video was delayed was so they could subtitle it. So people whined and complained until Funcom released it unfinished. Now people are complaining because it is not subtitled/transcribed. Really?????
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Yes, really. Not our fault if they cant ensure good quality audio. I had no trouble understanding Means on the other year QA videos , so as i said , its either bad acoustics of the room, or bad editing.

I'm not saying that it's anyone's fault if they can't understand the audio. I'm saying that if people had just been patient in the first place the video would've been released with subtitles.

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    I'm saying that if people had just been patient in the first place the video would've been released with subtitles.
    Are you sure of that though? Maybe they decided not to make subtitles because it was a huge pain in the ass
    If what you are saying is true then there wouldn't be anything stopping them from working on subtitles right now and release that as soon as they are done. If what you are saying is true and FC wont release a subtitled version then that means they decided not to do it just to punish the community for whining about it taking too long. Which to me would be worse than whining about it being late
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Jul 5th, 2011 at 15:59:48.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Member, GSP Dancers

Funcom employee

We didn't subtitle Means/Kintaii because it would take awhile to get everything down. Their voices are decent though, but I can understand the issue for sure because the location didn't pick up the audio that great.

The reason for the overall delay is because we are not video editing engineers or have someone dedicated full-time to editing and processing videos. We are doing our best here for sure, and adding the subtitles of course does delay the end result some.

We do have the next 2 videos ready, but we were running them by the audio engineers to help clear up the audio before releasing on YouTube. The holidays this past weekend has surely delayed that last step. I'll see if we can toss these up as-is and clean them up later.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...3&postcount=44

There's a lot more ambient noise etc in those videos, but in my opinion Means's replies and even some of the questions can be heard better in these.

Anyway... still wondering when we're going to see the rest of it. I don't care if it's official video or some poor quality vid from some cell phone. Still would be nice to see the rest of it.

And i'm sure, i'll be old and grey before the official ones come out fully subtitled... so i'd actually prefer the cell phone version from some player
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Famine: i know its painful process, obviously nobody is saying you need post written transcript within an hour or we'll all jump of Empire State Building as a protest, in fact you could post it by the end of the month, that'd be still great.

FC could see if there is point to invest in proper audio equipment. Meaning giving them mics ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    FC could see if there is point to invest in proper audio equipment. Meaning giving them mics ;D
    Yea, I almost brought my audio equipment, but I figured if I could get a seat in the front row, it would be ok. Now, I wish I would have had it to loan to the AO crew. I have radio mics and clipons that are really tiny...

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post
    Yea, I almost brought my audio equipment, but I figured if I could get a seat in the front row, it would be ok. Now, I wish I would have had it to loan to the AO crew. I have radio mics and clipons that are really tiny...
    No, we need one of those great big 1930's style microphones for Means, so he can entertain us with showtunes after Q&A's.

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    No, we need one of those great big 1930's style microphones for Means, so he can entertain us with showtunes after Q&A's.
    I can see Means leaning over a giant 1930's mike and saying in a deep tone, "This is Means speaking..." I guess with the right lighting...

the mic that bob barker used for years would be great
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc View Post
    the mic that bob barker used for years would be great
    You mean that thing that looked like he was talking into a drummers stick?

What I'm wondering is if there's any actual new info in there that anyone who reads FWM or just checks dev posts doesn't already know?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

You mean that thing that looked like he was talking into a drummers stick?
    Ya, that one. Then he can speak into the Mic as someone spun the wheel to see what feature is going to be posted on FWM this week.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    What I'm wondering is if there's any actual new info in there that anyone who reads FWM or just checks dev posts doesn't already know?
    Nothing new really. Just a conformation of most things that were already known.

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    So part of the reason the video was delayed was so they could subtitle it. So people whined and complained until Funcom released it unfinished. Now people are complaining because it is not subtitled/transcribed. Really?????
    :P I did no whine about the video taking to long to be realesed. But now I complain for non subtitle release :3 I undestand subs takes time. So in the end I'll not whine at all
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

220/30/70 Martial Artist
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    A Rubi-Ka Story - youtube
    TRB Presentation Video divx | wegame

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast