Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 1st, 2011 - Happy Canada Day!

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Oh wow... elitist at its best... /speechless
    Oh? You don't think fr00bs should have it a little easier? Or do you blitz missions on your 220 to sell stuff to them?
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

I think froobs don't need breadcrumbs. Most pure froob players i know are pretty much self sustaining.
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    The fr00bs have it hard enough as it is, allowing them to be prey to those of us with full accounts who are targeting them, selling specific QLs of implants and clusters just seems cruel.
    It's hard enough to make money as a fr00b in any case without having to give it to paid players in exchange for something that is a pain to roll youself but is sold to you by someone with dedicated blitzing characters.
    Way to get things completely backwards. When froob is at level high enough to be even bothered about implants higher then shop buyable, they generally start to level in RK missions, where implants drop like rain, both from mobs and as chest loot. By the time they reach tl5 they can have more implants then bank can hold.

The only reason froobs don't make bilions of reselling that loot to high level players who are too lazy to blitz, is because they cant interface with GMS.

Paradoxically froobs have the least dificulty with imps. They can twink high ql imps much later then paid players (or not twink) and level much slower having a better opportunity to farm the imps they need as they level.

Which is as it should be. After all the game was originally designed for them.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Paradoxically froobs have the least dificulty with imps. They can twink high ql imps much later then paid players (or not twink) and level much slower having a better opportunity to farm the imps they need as they level.

Which is as it should be. After all the game was originally designed for them.
    thats not true, Rubi-Ka was designed for paying players..... then came Notum Wars(Which is hardly done anymore except for the more XP bonus) then came SL shortly after Free To Play, the Alien Invasions the LoX
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    thats not true, Rubi-Ka was designed for paying players..... then came Notum Wars(Which is hardly done anymore except for the more XP bonus) then came SL shortly after Free To Play, the Alien Invasions the LoX
    SL and AI came before F2P, LE and LoX came after.

Oh? You don't think fr00bs should have it a little easier? Or do you blitz missions on your 220 to sell stuff to them?
    um... what? if i need nanos blitzed or basic armor pieces i specifically ask in ooc/shopping channels if any froobs wanna make fast cash. i've given almost half a billion to froobs over the years for blitzable crap/basic armor pieces.

So you're saying that not only do the fr00bs not trail behind like 2nd class citizens, but they excell over paid players?
    Ok, I stand corrected, I'll dump my paid accounts and reroll fr00bs...
    Thanks.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

froobs are an important and vital part of this game. or are you saying you want the bitchjob of rolling my nanos for me?

Thanks.
    Do that, perhaps you'll actually get some idea of what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Venachar; Jul 5th, 2011 at 15:42:29.

So you're saying that not only do the fr00bs not trail behind like 2nd class citizens, but they excell over paid players?
    Thanks.
    Of course froobs trail behind most paid characters... free accounts are not meant to have access to the same advantages as paid (obviously).

Where I think your reasoning went wrong was the assumption that froob players have trouble obtaining implants and are somehow being financially abused by paid players that sell the items. Personally, I have close to 15 backpacks of ql 190+ implants in my bank prior to doing some house cleaning about 3 weeks ago. That's because I've done a lot more over the years than sit in kite teams.

In today's climate, many players don't even touch RK missions UNLESS they are froob and the only RK mobs they might kill are borgs or those directly associated with a daily mission. As a result, there are PLENTY of paid players out there buying implants...quite often from froob players. I believe this is what the other folks are trying to say as well.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

From the accounts page, for 6 or 12 month subscription upgrades:
    Buy before July 31st to get the FREE Heckler of Celebration Pet!
    Why does Funcom continue upsetting more of the actively paying long-term subscribers by giving more freebies to cancelled or short-term subscribers (up to 44 days of FREE subtime for subscribing, plus the FREE Heckler of Celebration Pet if they subscribe for 6-12 months), insulting those that already dedicate themselves to the game for six to twelve months (many with multiple accounts) from getting the heck pet without coughing up another $60-$100 per account for accounts that might not expire for another 3-11 months. It is even worse for our long-term EU subscribers.

The honorable thing to do would be to just give it to any account with an active 6-12 month subscription that does not expire before the July 31st deadline.

The logical thing to do would be to remove the July 31st deadline & make the FREE Heckler of Celebration Pet promotion available for 6-12 month renewals until some time in the first half of 2012, preferably some time in June 2012.

The reprehensible thing to do is keep it as it stands, with an expiration date of July 31, 2011.

What is Funcom going to do?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Of course froobs trail behind most paid characters... free accounts are not meant to have access to the same advantages as paid (obviously).

Where I think your reasoning went wrong was the assumption that froob players have trouble obtaining implants and are somehow being financially abused by paid players that sell the items. Personally, I have close to 15 backpacks of ql 190+ implants in my bank prior to doing some house cleaning about 3 weeks ago. That's because I've done a lot more over the years than sit in kite teams.

In today's climate, many players don't even touch RK missions UNLESS they are froob and the only RK mobs they might kill are borgs or those directly associated with a daily mission. As a result, there are PLENTY of paid players out there buying implants...quite often from froob players. I believe this is what the other folks are trying to say as well.
    Oh, look, an actually well thought out answer.
    Ok, you may be right, I'm just going by what I see on the shopping channels and GMS listings. When I look for an item (like implants) what I often see is them being sold by some of the bigger names on the servers (paid players). When I'm running around RK for one reason or another (often to go to player shops) I see lvl220s running around killing dynas that take 3 hits to kill, farming whatever drops that can be sold. To be honest, I think the last time I saw a group of characters out somewhere killing a dyner that they had to be careful to pull was over 3 years ago...
    THAT'S what I'm saying
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    Do that, perhaps you'll actually get some idea of what you are talking about.
    By the way, like the way you edited my post before you quoted it...
    I know what's going on out there, and I know what's been going on out there for going on the last 7 years and have been AOUs Forums mod since Sep 2005, so I DO see quite a bit of what goes on thanks.
    I also spend an inordinate amount of time helping out newbies and low level players, and one of the biggest gripes I hear is that the ready made implants stop at lvl100.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because neither of us are FC, I put forward an idea, only FC can do anything about it, so thanks for your imput but I'll assume you don't represent FC.
    Last edited by Venachar; Jul 5th, 2011 at 15:42:50.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

By the way, like the way you edited my post before you quoted it...
    I know what's going on out there, and I know what's been going on out there for going on the last 7 years and have been AOUs Forums mod since Sep 2005, so I DO see quite a bit of what goes on thanks.
    And this is related to subject at hand...how?

Your entire concept about froobs lacking access to implants and being ripped off by high levels is wrong, as me and 5 other people already explained.

If you don't have any counterarguments, just skip the "i've done this i've done that list" next time, i don't care and i don't think anyone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    And this is related to subject at hand...how?

Your entire concept about froobs lacking access to implants and being ripped off by high levels is wrong, as me and 5 other people already explained.

If you don't have any counterarguments, just skip the "i've done this i've done that list" next time, i don't care and i don't think anyone else does.
    You need me to explain that? Ok, you accused me of not being in touch with the player base.
    And yet you STILL keep whittering on...
    You're entitled to your opinion, I don't have to like it and don't share it, however, I'll leave you to it in peace, please afford me the same courtesy.

Last edited by Venachar; Jul 5th, 2011 at 15:43:01.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

Take this elsewhere, thank you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Thanks Anarrina I was just looking for an ignore command.

edit/
    Never mind, I found it, thanks.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

2. Addressing old ATI rendering issues to finalize the delayed next version that includes the "not shade" item changes. Thanks to the Cube and Flaptoot who spent an agonizing entire day working to prove this issue could NOT be fixed with the adjustment of materials and object positioning...I am very grateful for the thorough effort and creative solutions that were tried. Thank you again Macrosun for finding a workable solution despite a very thin chance of success. DX7 isn't fun for anyone.
    Just wondering what this was?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    From the accounts page, for 6 or 12 month subscription upgrades:

Why does Funcom continue upsetting more of the actively paying long-term subscribers by giving more freebies to cancelled or short-term subscribers (up to 44 days of FREE subtime for subscribing, plus the FREE Heckler of Celebration Pet if they subscribe for 6-12 months), insulting those that already dedicate themselves to the game for six to twelve months (many with multiple accounts) from getting the heck pet without coughing up another $60-$100 per account for accounts that might not expire for another 3-11 months. It is even worse for our long-term EU subscribers.

The honorable thing to do would be to just give it to any account with an active 6-12 month subscription that does not expire before the July 31st deadline.

The logical thing to do would be to remove the July 31st deadline & make the FREE Heckler of Celebration Pet promotion available for 6-12 month renewals until some time in the first half of 2012, preferably some time in June 2012.

The reprehensible thing to do is keep it as it stands, with an expiration date of July 31, 2011.

What is Funcom going to do?
    Let me give you an example of something.

I work for a local cable provider. They have promotions that go on now and then to try and get new customers. These promotions are not available to current subscribers because the cable provider doesn't need to get these customers: they have them already. It's called marketing. Sure people complain that they might not qualify for these promotions because it's only in place for getting new customers but that's the way of business.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast