Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 1st, 2011 - Happy Canada Day!

Well, i have not much time now, but i got qustion about Q&A video: Does Means actually drink that water, or had insta dissconect from glass whenever he rised it near face?
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Can someone with Funcom please let us know the earliest date that the 10th Anniversary content will be removed?

If it stays longer, that's fine, but getting an official "it will be removed sometime after X" would let us know how long we have to farm the stuff for each of our toons that want it.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcypher View Post
    I think "built in click-saver" is very narrow-sighted.
    Just skip the whole step to have to roll, roll, roll and instead just pay a mission higher fee to select a targeted mission item. Type in the item you want, searchable roll list comes up, select quality, go.
    That's exactly what I had in mind when i said "built in clicksaver". Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks that's a good idea.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

To put things in perpective it means you guys had run through or at least taken 4.4 Billion mission IDs since launch. We discovered other IDs were also not recyclable in the AO codebase and were also running low. These IDs are associated with your characters in a table and also in your character information BLOB and as such would be a nightmare to remove. (ie: weeks of possible downtime) We managed to do something temporary during the 6 hours when the dimension was down to reclaim some IDs for use for the next month or so while we worked on a real solution
    So, is the "real solution" switching to 64 bit IDs? That would only give you about 40 billion years before the problem came up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcypher View Post
    I think "built in click-saver" is very narrow-sighted.
    Just skip the whole step to have to roll, roll, roll and instead just pay a mission higher fee to select a targeted mission item. Type in the item you want, searchable roll list comes up, select quality, go.
    this is how is should've been from the get go.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

How about just making more stuff available for the shops, its not like world will end if i buy a basic q200 implant directly from shop. Clusters are already there, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    How about just making more stuff available for the shops, its not like world will end if i buy a basic q200 implant directly from shop. Clusters are already there, anyway.
    Patch notes 18.5.0.1

*Basic Implants QL 126 and higher available from the store. Will be priced at 500pp per set for QL 126-QL150 and 750pp per set for QL150-200. Select QL from drop-down menu then add to cart.

So no updates on where we are with the engine ......Why am i shocked.......

Quote Originally Posted by sleepytime View Post
    ...!? I give you +5 Internets for best trolling attempt.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by sleepytime View Post
    You should take a look at the Q&A video then....
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    soon to be implemented in "ingame" store ~=^
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

So when do we get the new engine? Or are we still at the stage where noone has any idea?

Ready made Proff specific implants stopping at lvl125 may be a little outdated also.
    I can't see that adding lvl150 lvl175 and lvl200 ready made implants wouldn't diminish gameplay to any measurable extent.

Also adding higher QL basic implants to the implant terminals again isn't going to impact on the 'enjoyment' of the game.

The fr00bs have it hard enough as it is, allowing them to be prey to those of us with full accounts who are targeting them, selling specific QLs of implants and clusters just seems cruel.
    It's hard enough to make money as a fr00b in any case without having to give it to paid players in exchange for something that is a pain to roll youself but is sold to you by someone with dedicated blitzing characters.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

so nothing about engine or rebalance... nice work fc

Quote Originally Posted by chickeepie View Post
    so nothing about engine or rebalance... nice work fc
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AO10Year
    Luckily for you, it doesn't even require the ability to read.

Am I right in guessing Enno is back in the AO harness?

http://enno.homeunix.net/ (Enno's blog 20 hours ago)

" (Jaga Jazzist, 220V / spektral live @ bylarm)

Just home from seeing these guys live in Club Soda, at the Montreal Jazz Festival. Great concert, I am proud both to be Norwegian and to live in Montreal now. The audience here is fantastic, and it was clear that the band enjoyed it.
    "
    Last edited by Dagget; Jul 4th, 2011 at 03:27:19.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Am I right in guessing Enno is back in the AO harness?

http://enno.homeunix.net/ (Enno's blog 20 hours ago)

" (Jaga Jazzist, 220V / spektral live @ bylarm)

Just home from seeing these guys live in Club Soda, at the Montreal Jazz Festival. Great concert, I am proud both to be Norwegian and to live in Montreal now. The audience here is fantastic, and it was clear that the band enjoyed it.
    "
    Not necessarily. Montreal has become a hotbed for video game development. SOE and Bioware are two major developers offhand that opened up banches/moved there, along with plenty of indy dev houses. IMVU has a presence there as well, which happens to be Ennos' last listed employer.
    Last edited by Siahanor; Jul 4th, 2011 at 03:39:10.

That's why I'm try to get a response out of either Enno or FC. Enno a few weeks ago was still in Calif and had to fly to the 10th anniversary party.

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    The fr00bs have it hard enough as it is, allowing them to be prey to those of us with full accounts who are targeting them, selling specific QLs of implants and clusters just seems cruel.
    It's hard enough to make money as a fr00b in any case without having to give it to paid players in exchange for something that is a pain to roll youself but is sold to you by someone with dedicated blitzing characters.
    Oh wow... elitist at its best... /speechless
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    That's why I'm try to get a response out of either Enno or FC. Enno a few weeks ago was still in Calif and had to fly to the 10th anniversary party.

Enno is not with AO or FC anymore.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast