Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Anniversary Gathering Photo and Video Links

Right now, no, but tomorrow. And an AMD quad is about the same as an Intel dual.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

No, but it's future proofing that's the deal ^^
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    No, but it's future proofing that's the deal ^^
    In the computer world, there is currently no such thing as future proofing. The most powerful consumer system available at this moment is going to be outdated within less than a year.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    In the computer world, there is currently no such thing as future proofing. The most powerful consumer system available at this moment is going to be outdated within less than a year.
    No.

My homebrew system is over 1.5 years old now (October 2009), and it's still considered as top of the bill hardware (i7 920, 275GTX, 6 GB DDR3, solid state drive, etc). Sure, there's better stuff available but nothing that would mean a significant "real world", not "statistics and numbers", improvement over what I have now. And heck, its reaction speed is excellent enough that I'll be satisfied for a long time.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    No.

My homebrew system is over 1.5 years old now (October 2009), and it's still considered as top of the bill hardware (i7 920, 275GTX, 6 GB DDR3, solid state drive, etc). Sure, there's better stuff available but nothing that would mean a significant "real world", not "statistics and numbers", improvement over what I have now. And heck, its reaction speed is excellent enough that I'll be satisfied for a long time.
    Mines older and while it could use a new graphic card to be able to run newer games at better settings it's still doing well at keeping up.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

If you buy a piece of crap, yes. If you buy a midrange system it'll last years. A upper midrange system from 2006, say a Q6600, will still stand fine today with a decent videocard. Depending on your screenresolution, it might even be fine with a videocard from then.
    The Red Brotherhood

To each of the replies I was quoted in. First off, I never said it would not work. I said it "is going to be outdated". As in newer & better technology has replaced it within that year. I have a high end tower & two high end laptops that were bought/built between April 2010 to November 2010 with i7 CPUs & 1GB graphics cards ranging from an ATI Radeon 5970m, nVidia GeForce GTX285m & nVidia GeForce GTX460. Every single one of those systems still work well with virtually any game available in the last 5 years, but all three are outdated. At the very least, all three have the previous generation iCore CPU & chipset, plus graphics cards that are 1-3 generations old.

If it is not current generation hardware, it is technically outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    If you buy a piece of crap, yes. If you buy a midrange system it'll last years. A upper midrange system from 2006, say a Q6600, will still stand fine today with a decent videocard. Depending on your screenresolution, it might even be fine with a videocard from then.
    Was there something about "The most powerful consumer system available at this moment" that did you not understand or do you just like seeing your forum name posted on the left side of the forums constantly?
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Jul 24th, 2011 at 15:58:46.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Colawrenn View Post
    I spotted a guy filming the Q&A! Eagerly awaiting the upload!
    I am the bald guy with the imvu shirt in the pictures, and I filmed the Q&A, but the light was not good enough for my camera. I believe the Funcom guys had their own video set up, though.

I know its a little late but I've been super busy since the trip. The bartender was nice for letting me pay off my ****ty bar tab with everyone elses unused drink tickets, but was really garbage compared to the rest of the French Canadian poon running around the clubs that night.

Why no one got pictures of the smoking waitress strutting around after the Q&A we'll never know. My damn phone died..

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    I am the bald guy with the imvu shirt in the pictures, and I filmed the Q&A, but the light was not good enough for my camera. I believe the Funcom guys had their own video set up, though.
    Holy cow! It's him!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567