Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Gathering Photo and Video Links

Quote Originally Posted by yomuerdame View Post
    I asked for them during the demo and they wouldn't tell me. Means and Parsed basically alluded that it is quite the beast, though... So I'm guessing at least 4 multi-core processors and 16GB of RAM, 15k SATA drives, etc... smarter than the average bear.
    I'm guessing a Core2Duo (or Athlon64 X2), 3GB RAM, 7200rpm IDE drives, etc... smarter than the average bear in 2006.

Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

How long gonna take until big update is ready?

1 year?

Quote Originally Posted by yomuerdame View Post
    I asked for them during the demo and they wouldn't tell me. Means and Parsed basically alluded that it is quite the beast, though... So I'm guessing at least 4 multi-core processors and 16GB of RAM, 15k SATA drives, etc... smarter than the average bear.
    4 multicores? :O that's a badass workstation. However, building a PC capable of running all the latest games, even the DX11 stuff that makes your eyes bleed joy, is pretty cheap. Hell, the new AMD CPUs with integrated graphics will do the trick here just fine. As you can see here this very cheap solution, as you don't need a dedicated graphics card, runs a game as demanding as Far Cry 2 at high settings at 30fps at 1920x1080. That's pretty impressive for a integrated GPU. And I'm willing to bet that Far Cry 2 demands more of the GPU on high than AO will. More characters on screen will of course make your AO more demanding, but you can always turn down the most demanding settings. I also figuer that video RAM is what will be the most limiting factor there, but most cards come with at least 512mb these days... So, your Intel GPU will still suck, but any low-mid and up modern GPU will be able to handle it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

wait what? they still sell cards with only 512mb on it? i cant find anything less then 1.5Gb in stores here :O
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

So they only stock highend cards? Weird
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

yeah, you can order lower ones, but that takes 1-2 weeks for them to get them, while i can take the high end ones straight of the shelves (and cry when i have to put them back ><)
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    4 multicores? :O that's a badass workstation. However, building a PC capable of running all the latest games, even the DX11 stuff that makes your eyes bleed joy, is pretty cheap. Hell, the new AMD CPUs with integrated graphics will do the trick here just fine. As you can see here this very cheap solution, as you don't need a dedicated graphics card, runs a game as demanding as Far Cry 2 at high settings at 30fps at 1920x1080. That's pretty impressive for a integrated GPU. And I'm willing to bet that Far Cry 2 demands more of the GPU on high than AO will. More characters on screen will of course make your AO more demanding, but you can always turn down the most demanding settings. I also figuer that video RAM is what will be the most limiting factor there, but most cards come with at least 512mb these days... So, your Intel GPU will still suck, but any low-mid and up modern GPU will be able to handle it.
    All true enough. People also have to realize that a devs workstation is usually required to be more powerful than the end user will need as they are having to run the actual development software, debugging software, the client, etc., all at the same time, while the end user only needs to run the client.
    Last edited by Siahanor; Jul 8th, 2011 at 20:12:10.

Saw it running the debug enabled version in Oslo and it ran horribly

But I don't believe our devs have all that powerful PCs. We're not talking dual-CPU workstations with 32gb RAM. Not even close.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Saw it running the debug enabled version in Oslo and it ran horribly

But I don't believe our devs have all that powerful PCs. We're not talking dual-CPU workstations with 32gb RAM. Not even close.
    I just wanna see how it runs with NPCs back in and a few hundred players in Bor. If it doesn't die or slow to a crawl, I'll pronounce it a success. lol

Well, with more modern technology like DX9 it should run a lot better than now. Since there's only 9 different bodies, if we give that the height you can select is just the size modifier that's also available on items. DX9 supports so that having more on screen costs the same as having only 1, textures of course cost more, but for one that'll make running more players less costly. And allow for the actual leverage of modern hardware.
    The Red Brotherhood

Correct me if i'm wrong , but i don't think they are at the "optimizing for fps" stage yet, so what's the point debating on the hardware? Once they get down to it, it will certainly require less then 4 multicore CPUs and 32GB of RAM, lo..

I can't wait to see what he puts together for the preview of the new engine.
    hopefully something else than non-stop video effects.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    hopefully something else than non-stop video effects.
    I am glad to see that I am not the only one who felt using almost every visual effect possible in the eighth anniversary video was amateurish. His ninth anniversary video was an improvement.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Jul 12th, 2011 at 07:53:44.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

I have to say that Means look like Antonio Banderas he is a very handsom man.
    BTW i am not gay just fan of Banderas. )

By the time the new engine goes live, the comp used for the demo will be obsolete
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    By the time the new engine goes live, the comp used for the demo will be obsolete
    Of course. Pretty much any computer is already obsolete by the time it arrives to the owner.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    I am glad to see that I am not the only one who felt using almost every visual effect possible in the eighth anniversary video was amateurish. His ninth anniversary video was an improvement.
    Well, if you are an amateur playing with things hoping to get better, that's what you do play with things and practice and take feedback to get to a higher level of skill. Everyone has to start somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Well, my 2,5 year old parts run almost all new games (bar crysis 2 dx11 ultra and metro 2033 ultra) at max settings at 2560x1440, including Age of Conan. I'd not guess AO to be anywhere near as demanding as this. Even with 100 people on screen.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jul 12th, 2011 at 11:10:24.
    The Red Brotherhood

i tried AoC just to test how it works on my machine.
    i wasnt impressed, but i expect AO being somewhat lighter / faster.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Madgeneral View Post
    I have to say that Means look like Antonio Banderas he is a very handsom man.
    BTW i am not gay just fan of Banderas. )
    This is not the first time this has come up and even having spent time with Means in RL I don't get a Banderas vibe from him. I think maybe I see Means more as flat out handsome and Bandaras more as a petty boy. Not sure.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Maybe we should start a Means fan club, for all those who think he's good looking
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast