Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Gathering Photo and Video Links

In before the pics! Where are they? Another missed deadline? SHAME ON YOU FC!

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    In before the pics! Where are they? Another missed deadline? SHAME ON YOU FC!
    el oh el
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Its 40 posts, I have to make a new thread for them and then merge it. Patiençe, grasshopper
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Funcom employee Anniversary Gathering Photo Thread

Last edited by Igri00; Jul 1st, 2011 at 14:51:06.

You beautiful person you.
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

more pics

Do unto others, then run!

Way too many sober people....

But more important, did someone make Famine a sammich?
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    There's a link to the video in Chrys' post at the bottom, but here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQpjo7u-m7I
    Ok last few (2) minutes of the preview... where is the start of it? no way they got people to fly to Montreal for a couple of minutes of engine candy...
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

yeh it was a 15 minute preview of the engine but camera malfunctioned and only recorded last 2 minutes sorry. it looked much better in person than on camera anyway.
    Enchantress - 220/30 Adv----- -Hunnee - 220/30 Trader
    Suur - 220/30 Enf-----------------Schnappi - 220/30 MP
    Callmeina911 - 220/30 Doc-----Barwench - 220/30 Keeper
    Xpmeh - 220/30 Crat-------------Upho (UFO) - 220/30 Soldier
    Nightshade69 - 220/30 Shade
    Hunneebadger - 165/22 NT--------A few others I don't play as much
    Hunneedew - 60/6 Enf
    Spioonix 110/12 Agent

Out of everyone, only 1 recorded a video? I saw a lot of peeps at the Q&A recording... we got no luck on engine videos =(
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Out of everyone, only 1 recorded a video? I saw a lot of peeps at the Q&A recording... we got no luck on engine videos =(
    Well, at least this time no cameras were "stolen".

Videocameras able to film in a darkened room off a monitor with any reasonable amount of success are sort of rare.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 29, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

You know what would be easier than hoping that one of several spectators would upload some poorly lit and grainy footage from a cellphone? If some member of the development team would take 5 minutes and run FRAPS and post a damn video.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    don't act so surprised, they did it last year and i had little doubt that they would do it this year. majority of the community gets left in the dark yet again because they didn't venture to the offices, because, you know, it's so hard to make a vid and put it on youtube.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    You know what would be easier than hoping that one of several spectators would upload some poorly lit and grainy footage from a cellphone? If some member of the development team would take 5 minutes and run FRAPS and post a damn video.
    This.

Yah, but that's way too easy, and makes way too much sense. And btw, they promised a new video of the engine, what, was it over a year ago now. Or maybe more than a year. And we're still waiting.

So i'd take that grainy cell phone vid over "official" fraps one please. Since that cell phone version we could actually see during this decade.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by -Mastablasta- View Post
    Videocameras able to film in a darkened room off a monitor with any reasonable amount of success are sort of rare.
    I took one look at the setup and didn't even bother to get my camera out. No way would it have come out worth watching.

The engine was impressive, but I believe that any capture (screen or video) just isn't going to represent what it really looked like because it is going to be a fraction of the frame size of the actual image. The main difference is the resolution of the parts of the image, so if the size is reduced to youtube size, all of the good stuff is lost.

About the only thing that is worth seeing on a small capture was the lighting effects, which were represented in the 2 minute video.

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post
    The engine was impressive, but I believe that any capture (screen or video) just isn't going to represent what it really looked like because it is going to be a fraction of the frame size of the actual image. The main difference is the resolution of the parts of the image, so if the size is reduced to youtube size, all of the good stuff is lost.
    Fraps, Playclaw etc can capture at high resolutions, youtube supports HD videos, and there is no reason FC has to post the video to youtube anyway they can host it themselves or somewhere else in pure unadulterated form.

Anyway its nice that they claim to be making the engine a priority and making progress, but with Q2 2011 already over and still no video or beta test, it's hard to believe they are any closer than they were six months ago.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Fraps, Playclaw etc can capture at high resolutions, youtube supports HD videos, and there is no reason FC has to post the video to youtube anyway they can host it themselves or somewhere else in pure unadulterated form.

Anyway its nice that they claim to be making the engine a priority and making progress, but with Q2 2011 already over and still no video or beta test, it's hard to believe they are any closer than they were six months ago.
    From talking to a guy who is actually doing the work on the engine, I'd say they are making progress. From what I can tell from talking to all of the Funcom people I spoke to, the engine is really the main priority with a lot of folks there. Means said on the video that one of the things that slowed the process down was waiting for the updated version of AoC engine to be deployed so they could take advantage of the updates, so all of the major delaying issues seems to be behind them now.

With that said, I don't think they made any real progress in the last 6 months because of the AoC engine changes, I suspect that is why we haven't seen any videos yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post

With that said, I don't think they made any real progress in the last 6 months because of the AoC engine changes, I suspect that is why we haven't seen any videos yet.
    Yet it was good enough to show people that went all the way to Canada to see it?

If it's good enough to show in person, it's good enough to show in a video.

Something just ain't right.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast