Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Squeaky Shoulder Lantern

Mr. Squeaky Shoulder Lantern

Can you adjust this anniversary item so that it can be combined with a screwdriver and used in different slots like you did with some of the vet shop items?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Funcom employee

Probably won't be in with the birthday update, but I've got the Mr. Squeaky lantern, the Holiday Lantern from a couple of years back (both the original and the shop replica), and the Winter Bell item now all with shoulder variants. Again, should be available in the patch *after* the birthday content. =) Feel free to let me know if there are any others I'm missing (still debating what to do with the Tertium Quid and the Wen-Wens....)
    Last edited by Kintaii; Jun 20th, 2011 at 18:09:04.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Probably won't be in with the birthday update, but I've got the Mr. Squeaky lantern, the Holiday Lantern from a couple of years back (both the original and the shop replica), and the Winter Bell item now all with shoulder variants. Again, should be available in the patch *after* the birthday content. =) Feel free to let me know if there are any others I'm missing (still debating what to do with the Tertium Quid and the Wen-Wens....)
    Tertium Quid Yes, Wen-Wen no...

A Never-ending Being of Light NEEDS THE KINTAII TREATMENT, I DEMAND IT!

Proper light for shoulder ;)
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Funcom employee

Well, if I make a shoulder variant of either the Quid or the Wen-Wen, it'd become a social item in the shoulder slot; no stats or use actions. The main problem with the Wen-Wen is that it comes in so many damned QL levels; I might consider making a one-way social tradeskill with 'em, though, dependent - Could switch it from being usable in the Utils slot with stats to a Shoulder item without stats, but there isn't any easy way I could make it switch back.

Never-Ending Being of Light I might look into, though. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

not really a complaint, more a curious observation. The items that are now tradeskillable to wear in shoulder slots are acting in the same way as the light cloak does, in that if you put them in social tab, and have social enabled, your equipped backpiece (if it's tank armor, boc, ofab back piece etc..) from armor tab won't show. not a big issue really, just figured I'd mention it.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Funcom employee

This is due to how the meshes for the items are displayed - Technically, these utilize the back attractor slot for the character; the same one that back mesh (BoC, tank, etc. etc.) items utilize. I can't say this for *certain*, as I'm not that technically versed to make an official diagnosis, but I'd imagine that when they're equipped in the wear window the conflicting attempts to place something in the back attractor for the character cause things to go pear-shaped somewhere along the line.

Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

The main problem with the Wen-Wen is that it comes in so many damned QL levels;
    It would be nice if at the very least, the inferno quest profession wen-wen could be worn in social, they are a cool design and don't get seen much.

This is due to how the meshes for the items are displayed - Technically, these utilize the back attractor slot for the character; the same one that back mesh (BoC, tank, etc. etc.) items utilize. I can't say this for *certain*, as I'm not that technically versed to make an official diagnosis, but I'd imagine that when they're equipped in the wear window the conflicting attempts to place something in the back attractor for the character cause things to go pear-shaped somewhere along the line.

Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*
    Can't you add a secondary layer (tertiary even) for the back slot?
    Right now you can wear a robe and a tank armor in 2 different layers. Layer 1, and layer 2. (Social+wear)
    This third layer could then be used as a light-mesh.
    Might be a little technical, but i'm sure the person that programmed the compatibility of the social-tab knows exactly what to do.
    This at the same time can even fix how a players light-source should be working all the time. (sometimes they go away).
    Meh too technical, sounds more like a game suggestion now ^^
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Are ql 512 not in game lol

(19:46) "Mr. Squeaky Lantern" is of a too low quality level. It must be at least at quality 512.

ah well hehe, combining with a screwdriver produced this.
    Talita

̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.

Funcom employee

... well that ain't right. I'll take a look into it.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Hi Brad, thanks, I think the shoulder pads are a bit wrong on the Solitus female too, I have a huge pad over the top of a small one.
    Talita

̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.

Sprig of Mistletoe please!!!!!!
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf
    (Also various other non-nanomage gimps)

Mocker for Life.

(19:05) "Mr. Squeaky Lantern" is of a too low quality level. It must be at least at quality 512.
    aww it's still not fixed
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Making Tertium Quid and Being of Eternal Light shoulder wearable would be great, please do this
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Would love to get lights and hud/util-items in social

Bump for this!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I concur. *bump*
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

The Dreadlock promo gizmos maybe?

"Mr. Squeaky Lantern" is of a too low quality level. It must be at least at quality 512.

Confirmed. Its not fixed! :x
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Funcom employee

Sorry about that - These last two updates were purely code-related and didn't include any itemization changes or fixes. Next version should have the fixed Squeaky lantern, though. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast