Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 games of all time

Exclamation Top 10 games of all time

being at work and kinda bored got me thinking on games i used to like/still like

In no particular order, and limited to 10 games!

Anarchy Online - PC
    -duh obviously i play it a lot, have loads of chars

Ultima Online - PC
    -loved it to bits until I grew bored

Dungeon Master - Atari ST + PC
    -the greatest dungeon quest type game. great character development, lots of stuff, loads of spells, lots of fun and scary as heck in places. finished it many times and have it downloaded for an atari st emulator and the pc version too

The Bards Tale - C64, St, PC
    -I must like this i got in on three formats. great fun. never actually finished it yet

The Wizards Crown - ST
    -Perhaps SSIs finest hour. my favorite char generation system, huge quest. ad loads of stuff. On the ST emulator too

Dropzone - C64
    -defender clone, but better! guide your little jetpacked man, save the scientists in their little vehicles. they whistle when the aliens attack, get blown up flying into a pixel sized bullet at a stupid framerate. hehe loads of fun

Chicken chase - C64
    -hehe crazy game for kids. you are the cockeral of the roost. 'service' madam chicken so she lays eggs, defend eggs from rats and snakes, eat food or you slow down, make sure there is always an egg out or you get hit by madam chicken for not keeping up with your 'duties'. hehe was sold for 2pounds to children. sick i tell you!

Dark Forces - PC
    -bah doom had nothing onthis, stormtroopers, mad action. yay big guns.

Paradroid - C64
    -mad little scrolly shootem up, take over other droids, get their powers, clear the huge ship of droids. lots of fun and very hard.

Millenium 2.2 -ST
    The earth has blown up, command your forces fromthe moon base, colonise the solar system,but dont trust the pesky martians
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Elite - space trading game from the 80s. Buy 4 tons of food, hyperspace to a nearby star system, fight your way past a fleet of pirates all intent on stealing your cargo, spend an hour lining up to dock with the space station, then explode as you crash into the side of it on the way in. Repeat. Despite that, best game of all time.

also bored at work.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

Yes, I must agree on Elite... nothing brings a smile to my face as "Right On Commander!"

Other notable games:

Wastelands
    80's Sci-fi RPG in the same style as Fallout. In many ways superior, but the graphics of a C64 is a but... humm...

The Last Ninja
    This is the reason I play a martial artist in AO. Those who played it will know what I'm talking about.

Outpost
    Ow, sweet failed Nasa experiment... similar in a way to milennium 2.2 (that rocked!) but plainly pointless, buggy, you couldn't win (it wasn't finished) and I loved it.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Yep Elite has to be my no. 1.

(I miss shooting up ships, scooping thier excape pods and selling the slaves)

With Joust, hyperball, Civ and Exile coming in just after. (oh an AO of cause)

hmmm .. I can't make them in order cause that would be way too hard ...

Tribes
    Master of Orion2
    Plansescape: Torment
    Warcraft2
    Starcraft
    Heroes of Might and Magic 2
    Warlords3
    Lords of the Realm
    Quake 2
    Dune
    Baldur's Gate
    and of course

AO

damn upon reading those below me .. I forgot to mention Fallout and Fallout2 .. awesome games ... and of course there are a million others that were awesome at one point or another .. (like phantasy star 3 and 4 on sega genesis :P)
    Last edited by Chinchilla13; Oct 14th, 2002 at 18:21:58.

Also in no order.........

1. AO - First MMORPG

2. Baldur's Gate series - Loved the story and gameplay

3. Deus Ex - First and only FPS I ever finished. Excellent story!

4. Fallout series - excellent games. Still my favorite "introduction movie" to any computer game.....especially Fallout 2. Completely twisted, but cool

5. Ultima III - The first (and only) Ultima game I ever finished. On C64.

6. Starcraft - Loved the single player campaigns, but got repeatedly creamed online by 12yr olds who could click faster than I could.

7. Mechwarrior games - single player campaigns we excellent. Multiplayer....see above

8. Xcom games - excellent squad lvl tactical games.

9. Civ games - still play em.

10. Planescape:Torment - Excellent, Excellent game. Should be voted "the best game no one ever played"
    Demarcus "Cellestron" Lindner
    Agent, ~Mjlonir~

Wasteland - Comm 64 - loved this game too!!! kinda buggy at the end of the game... always messed up... may of had something to do with swapping in & out the 4 floppy disks...

Mule - Comm 64 - hehhee dont ask

Tower of Doom - intelavision (sp) - great game for the time...

Racing Destruction Set - Comm 64 - cool race car game that was very buggy... but cool

Halflife mod Counterstrike - PC - was great when it was a brand new mod for the halflife game... around beta 7.4 ... went to hell from there.... damn haxors!

UO - PC - i still have my accounts for this game... why? i have no clue....
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

You forgot :

Bubble Bobble
    Donkey Kong

Mine, in no particular order:

1.) StarCraft
    2.) Deus Ex
    3.) Final Fantasy IV, VIII, and X
    4.) Tomb Raider
    5.) Goldeneye
    6.) Red Alert
    7.) Alpha Centauri
    8.) Unreal
    9.) No One Lives Forever
    10.) SimCity (series)

I don't know that they're the greatest games of all time, but as I wracked my memory of twenty years of gaming goodness, these are the titles that stood out in my memory the most.

Oh forgot about n64 games, in which case The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask gets the number 2 spot. Excellent game structure.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

Originally posted by Emiko
    You forgot :

Bubble Bobble
    Donkey Kong

Got to be the first computer game I ever played "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" text based version.

That game caused about half of my varsity year to fail as we were trying to figure out how to actually get the babbel fish into your ear while we were supposed to be doing computer tutorials

Originally posted by Zulstar
    Got to be the first computer game I ever played "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" text based version.

That game caused about half of my varsity year to fail as we were trying to figure out how to actually get the babbel fish into your ear while we were supposed to be doing computer tutorials
    ok first of all, let me say.. I Love "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy"

but, that game sucked. the beginning with the analgesic for the hangover is cool but it just goes downhill from there..

as i recall i was in the dark in the vogonship and everything echoes.. and i dont think i ever figured that part out.

ok so the game was cool, i just sucked at it

RAWR!

DOOM!

sheesh, can't have a top ten without DOOM!

DOOM (pc)

Metal Gear: Solid (ps1)

Fallout (pc)

Command & Conquer: Red Alert (pc)

Ultima Online (pc)

Super Mario Brothers 3 (nes)

Seiken Densetsu 3 (snes, japan)

Tie Fighter (pc)

Final Fantasy 6 (snes)

Tetris ... the greatest game EVER

Not exactly the ten best games of all time but my two favorite games of all time are:

Privateer

Hardwar

You all need to get out more..

Doctor !!!

Yes, I hope we have all played Doctor...

By far one of the best games ever..
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

In no particular order:

1/ Anarchy Online
    2/ Ultima Online (I too still have my accounts - play it now and then)
    3/ Deus Ex
    4/ System Shock 2 - most unplayed game of all time?
    5/ Quake 1/2/3 - Quake 2 especially, great memories.
    6/ Doom 1/2 & Final
    7/ Baldur's Gate series
    8/ Fallout 1 & 2 + Tactics
    9/ Ground Control
    10/ Thief 1 & 2

UT2003 is creepy up on that list soon, it's quite simply amazing.

I've missed out loads as there's too many too mention but I can remember loads of games I used to to love on my Acorn Electron

God yes, Elite, I remember that well, especially scooping up a cloaking device by pure luck and being virtually indestructible after that. Cloak and let loose with those military lasers.

The Bard's Tale...Never managed to finish that one either, many missed lectures at College due to that game.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast