Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 17th, 2011 - Traditional Friday Panic

Am I the only one that doesn't really care and just patiently waits for when it's ready?
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

I haven't been to the bathroom for 3 days cause I can't stop refreshing my browser just in case the Q&A video is posted. Good thing I can reach the window while still holding onto my keyboard...

Since there was no FwM for this past week, I guess I'll ask here.

We always hear "in a few weeks" about celebration festivities being removed, but what is the earliest date that the 10th Anniversary content will be removed?

If it stays longer, that's fine, but getting an official "it will be removed sometime after X" would let us know how long we have to farm the stuff for each of our toons that want it.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    I haven't been to the bathroom for 3 days cause I can't stop refreshing my browser just in case the Q&A video is posted. Good thing I can reach the window while still holding onto my keyboard...
    Noob. I am currently sitting on my toilet with my laptop. I have a supply of energy drinks to my right, a pile of canned food on my left and a pillow taped to the wall behind me. Not thinking about hygiene at the moment, as people can't smell me over the internet so.
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't really care and just patiently waits for when it's ready?
    You haven't been, but I'm starting to cross over to the D'oh Side.
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Funcom employee

If it makes you guys feel any better we *were* hoping to have it up and available before now, but we're taking the extra time to do some noise reduction (which it needed pretty badly) and subtitling the questions asked by the audience. It's taking a bit of time, but overall it's pretty worth it. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    If it makes you guys feel any better we *were* hoping to have it up and available before now, but we're taking the extra time to do some noise reduction (which it needed pretty badly) and subtitling the questions asked by the audience. It's taking a bit of time, but overall it's pretty worth it. =)
    That thing better be 3D, mate.

its pretty hard to convert video taken with this into a digital format suitable for youtube.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

You are not alone
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I did work on noisereduction and soundediting at my last job for a lot of promotional interviews :| that stuff is a pain and takes a lot of time to get done properly...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Enchantresss View Post
    I personally saw the camera leave the arcade safely with Famine so I'm sure all will be well
    That was before the hot tub incident....

Nah everyone here is patient including the QQ'ers they just like to pretend otherwise. If they were as impatient as they made out they wouldn't be able to go through the effort to figure out how long its been.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Since there was no FwM for this past week, I guess I'll ask here.

We always hear "in a few weeks" about celebration festivities being removed, but what is the earliest date that the 10th Anniversary content will be removed?
    That's a bit hard to calculate atm as they want everyone to get a chance at some phatz but a fairly safe bet is that the latest date is the June 27th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Two Words: Hot Tub
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Like I mentioned, I dont' really care about the mentioned video. My point was beyond a Q&A video and moreso to point out to Funcom that they need to stop making promises and giving deadlines that they aren't 100% sure they can't keep. In this specific instance, no mention of a video had to be posted. Means could've just said that there is no FwM this week as they'll be at the real world party and left it at that. Promising a video after folks have already been waiting so long for that promised engine video (was that like a year ago now. or longer?)... I dunno.

Misleading your customers isn't right and I think as a paying customer for many years I deserve a bit better than that. I don't care about whether the topic is on something small (i.e. this video) or something major.. Funcom needs to take a look at their internal policy on communicating expectations to their customers.. That was my point and I will continue to point this out to them whenever I see that "once again" they've missed a deadline that THEY put on themselves.

It is one thing if we, the playerbase, were telling them when to have something done but we are not. They are setting expectations for themselves, communicating them to the community and then missing them...over and over again. Doing it once here or there.. that's understandable as things happen.

When you have a history of missing self-set and publicly communicated deadlines like Funcom has then it is really negligent and inconsiderate of the people you're communicating to. While I doubt that the intention is to mislead... the history of negligence to me amounts up to the same thing as lieing at this point.

After so many failed deadlnes they should be super-sensitive about what they post. Instead they toss out deadlines and dates just as irresponsibly now as they've done for many years. As a consumer I have a right to express my lack of satisfaction with their communications to me. Call it QQ if you wish.. but paying for a product comes with certain obvious expectations that we as a gaming community seem to waive due to this being "just a game", I guess.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 29th, 2011 at 21:17:24.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    moreso to point out to Funcom that they need to stop making promises and giving deadlines that they aren't 100% sure they can't keep.
    It's probably because if they don't then people will complanin, threaten to quit, etc, because they're not getting any information.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    It's probably because if they don't then people will complanin, threaten to quit, etc, because they're not getting any information.
    Maybe, I don't know why they aren't responsible with their communications. Your idea is a possiblity.

I can only say this.. I've been paying for this game for many years and the only things that have made me cancel my account are the lack of respect coming from their communicatons. The graphics don't bother me.. I never left because of the insane grind at times.. I'm even playing now, at a time when the population is the lowest that I recall. But things like the communication in response to the Nomad Rider and their ongoing missed deadlines.. those are the things that cause me personally to go hit the cancel button. And then ofc I resubscribe 5 or 6 months later hoping something has changed (like I did a month and a half ago) only to come back and realize that unfortunately things are just the same.

If they're losing subscribers, perhaps looking at their internal communication policy might give them some insight on why some of us leave. Again, I can't speak for the whole community but reading many threads across the forums and having conversations with folks in-game.. I can say I'm not alone.

And for the record, I am an Anarchy Online fan.. I'm not saying any of this because I hate the game or the Devs but because this is one area that severely hurts the game and is SO EASY to control. As harsh of a critic as I can be, I still have fun playing the game.. that's why I post.. because I care. And when their communications get me to the point where I'm ready to cancel then I feel it is my responsibility to let them know that something they're doing isn't working (at least not for me). That is the same thing any business owner expects (or at least hopes to get) from a customer...feedback. And yes, I also put this information in at the account cancellation screen.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 29th, 2011 at 21:29:16.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    (stuff)
    This. I totally agree with.
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    If they do post deadlines and continue to miss them, even worse things will happen. People actually WILL quit.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    If they do post deadlines and continue to miss them, even worse things will happen. People actually WILL quit.
    No they won't. Funcom has been posting deadlines and not meeting them continually since launch and the servers are just as full as...............oh, wait.

Quote Originally Posted by siahanor View Post
    no they won't. Funcom has been posting deadlines and not meeting them continually since launch and the servers are just as full as...............oh, wait.

qft
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

I'm sorry, what was AO's tagline "Soon(TM)" They didn't give a deadline for a long time and people harped on them about that. People will harp not matter what, if they started meeting deadlines 100% people would just start saying that the deadlines are too long.

People bitch, end of story.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    People bitch, end of story.
    Exactly.. so at least maintain some level of integrity in regards to the things you say to your customer. I can't believe a company would take the stance "omg people complain... we r scared.. let's lie". This is a BUSINESS we're talking about.. not a 12 year old.

That is just a cop-out. The community does not deserve what is being dished out.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 30th, 2011 at 06:21:59.
    You can find me at:

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast