Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 17th, 2011 - Traditional Friday Panic

They appear to already be out mixing with the players who have come for the gathering.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Funcom employee

There won't be a post this week as it is more likely we will be posting the video of the Q&A session we are having in Montreal on Saturday.

Been a busy week with all the adventures we've had and in the interest in making the information sharing fair to people who couldn't attend..we will instead be posting the Q&A session some time during the weekend/Monday.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    There won't be a post this week as it is more likely we will be posting the video of the Q&A session we are having in Montreal on Saturday.

Been a busy week with all the adventures we've had and in the interest in making the information sharing fair to people who couldn't attend..we will instead be posting the Q&A session some time during the weekend/Monday.
    Wish I didn't have to cancel on the event due to RK-4 issues.

Just don't let anyone steal the camera this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Vayde View Post
    Wish I didn't have to cancel on the event due to RK-4 issues.

Just don't let anyone steal the camera this time!
    Or at least put the memory card in your pocket!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

No video this week, there was an accident, we won't mention names but, it kinda slipped into the hottub. I blame the sake bombs. Perhaps the file wasn't completely damaged...but the camera was a total loss. ;p
    Last edited by DaviasI; Jun 26th, 2011 at 21:01:11.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Last year camera was lost in pub, now to hot tub..
    Last edited by HilloPurkki; Jun 28th, 2011 at 18:28:48.
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    TRB Videos Our Videos

Quote Originally Posted by HilloPurkki View Post
    Last year camera was lot in pub, now to hot tub..
    Do not try to Find the Camera — that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth: there is no Camera.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

The camera is a lie!
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

I personally saw the camera leave the arcade safely with Famine so I'm sure all will be well
    Enchantress - 220/30 Adv----- -Hunnee - 220/30 Trader
    Suur - 220/30 Enf-----------------Schnappi - 220/30 MP
    Callmeina911 - 220/30 Doc-----Barwench - 220/30 Keeper
    Xpmeh - 220/30 Crat-------------Upho (UFO) - 220/30 Soldier
    Nightshade69 - 220/30 Shade
    Hunneebadger - 165/22 NT--------A few others I don't play as much
    Hunneedew - 60/6 Enf
    Spioonix 110/12 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Mawerick View Post
    The camera is a lie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enchantresss View Post
    I personally saw the camera leave the arcade safely with Famine so I'm sure all will be well

Does that mean Famine is a lie?

Yay for an endless bountiful feast of food.

On a more serious note, was nice to see the preview from twitter/youtube, and the real one from Famine should be great.

I do have a video of the event and the sound is good enough. I haven't been able to do anything with it here in Montreal, but when I get back home, I'll post it. I'm flying out today, so video maybe on Wednesday.

I shall look forward to it!
    I hope you have a better reputation with deadlines than fc ;o
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Maybe™ we will instead be posting the Q&A session some time Soon™.
    /fixed
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

That's not fair! He didn't say which Monday! They come around every week you know.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    That's not fair! He didn't say which Monday! They come around every week you know.

Quite possibly he was simply referring that according to multiverse theory, he almost definitely got the video up this Monday, just not necessarily in this reality.
    Last edited by crattey; Jun 28th, 2011 at 22:18:52.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Quite possibly he was simply referring that according to multiverse theory, he almost definitely got the video up this Monday, just not necessarily in this reality.
    Soon(tm)......

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Pretty much this. Famine's been working hard on it, though, and we should have it up before too much longer. =)
    Yea.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    You made me spill coffe... bad baaad person!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Why do you keep making promises to the community and not keeping them? Small things like this would be best communicated by saying nothing at all.. not setting any expectation so when the video pops up we'll be like "oh cool.. great". Instead time and time again Funcom sets expectations (specific ones even) and then fails to deliver. And it's great that Kintaii commented on the situation in a Reet's Retreat post but how about someone coming back to the ORIGINAL THREAD where the promise was made and doing an update there? Common courtesy...

I know the usual suspects are going to say I'm being ridiculous or too harsh but seriously, this is nonsense. I'm not angry or upset over the lack of video as I've come to expect that any deadline provided is going to be missed.. but damn.. Funcom.. prove me wrong once in awhile.. it would be nice to read a post with a deadline and actually get the deliverable on-time.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 29th, 2011 at 12:44:18.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Why do you keep making promises to the community and not keeping them? Small things like this would be best communicated by saying nothing at all.. not setting any expectation so when the video pops up we'll be like "oh cool.. great". Instead time and time again Funcom sets expectations (specific ones even) and then fails to deliver. And it's great that Kintaii commented on the situation in a Reet's Retreat post but how about someone coming back to the ORIGINAL THREAD where the promise was made and doing an update there? Common courtesy...

I know the usual suspects are going to say I'm being ridiculous or too harsh but seriously, this is nonsense. I'm not angry or upset over the lack of video as I've come to expect that any deadline provided is going to be missed.. but damn.. Funcom.. prove me wrong once in awhile.. it would be nice to read a post with a deadline and actually get the deliverable on-time.
    ^^ This.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast