Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - June 10th, 2011: An Experiment

If the new content skips the bronze chest levels of loot and goes straight to silver chest quality loot I am sure it will actually be a success. That and allow people to return if the content takes an hour+

Quote Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
    Empty
    This, pretty much.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    The humidity here is enough to make you feel like you're breathing jello every time you step outside.
    Humid enough to make you homesick for Mississippi?

EDIT: Nevermind. Already discussed on a previous page.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Jun 10th, 2011 at 23:49:21.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

So, engine is gonna be released Soon? I guess it should hit Live by Q1 2011, right?

Edit: Damn, I forgot to use my time machine. brb
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

Hmm... "The Gauntlet".... Are we going to "step sideways"?

P.s.: Poor Kintaii, cannot witstand humidity anymore :3
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I am unsure if I should refrain from trolling in deference to my recent recognition in the field of QQ, or continue to do so to prove that it was well deserved. Spirit of Kintaii guide me!
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    I am unsure if I should refrain from trolling in deference to my recent recognition in the field of QQ, or continue to do so to prove that it was well deserved. Spirit of Kintaii guide me!
    When in doubt, go with what you know.

Quote Originally Posted by byteflush View Post
    So, engine is gonna be released Soon? I guess it should hit Live by Q1 2011, right?
    Based on this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    As far as the rebalancing/startup stuff goes, it's our hope to have those together and out on the servers *prior* to engine launch
    It seems like it wont be this year. Based on how it's going with the professions balance and that I haven't heard anything about the new starter experience yet, it may be quite some time before we see them, let alone the engine since it's apparently aimed to go live after rebalance and new starter experience. I'm not sure why they said Q1 in the first place. Or why they said anything before that either. I mean, they must have known that they didn't have a chance to meet all those earlier estimates.

I'm not expecting anything myself. I long ago reached the point where I stopped caring about what is said and instead just paying attention to what is done. When test servers and live servers are hit with these things, then it will matter. Until then, it's just "work in progress" and the rest is white noise for the most part

To think I went tradeskill-setup on my main character over 2 years ago because I was under the impression that FC was working on rebalance and that we might see it reasonably soon for MMO-standards (I see that as being within a year). I was expecting to get full IPR with the changes so I could change back to combat setup then. But it never happened so like 1.5 years later I farmed IPR's from S42 and changed back to PvP setup and have been so ever since. Still nothing have even reached the test servers.

So yeah, I don't "listen" any more. I just "watch". I was hoping something would happen before my two full-year subscriptions ran out on my accounts but that wont happen either. I didn't even want these 2 full year subscriptions when I (a couple of weeks after making those subscriptions) heard about the ingame shop and how you could now start buying the things you need with real life money (It's a personal preference, you don't have to agree with it). Asked for a refund but didn't get it. So atm I'm basically doing some tl7 pvp in BS and such as if AO was purely an arena-based MMO like "Global Agenda" or something. Basically finding some way to play the game so that all the money I used for 2 full year subscriptions isn't completely wasted. I'm not going to pay someone a lot of money and then just walk away. I'll find some way to make it work. But the point of this ramble is just to point out that I definitely wont renew any accounts until I see rebalance, engine, new started area and such on live servers and working well. And if FC ever implements the ability to buy levels with the item-store, like they hinted at in the beginning, I'm definitely not playing any more
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Jun 11th, 2011 at 06:46:36.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Duke Nukem forever was released a few days ago.. 3D-Realms won

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Blondenurse View Post
    ouch that's a kick in the balls

3d-realms spent 14 years. This means FC has at least 9 more years to get the engine out, for this comparison to be valid.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    3d-realms spent 14 years. This means FC has at least 9 more years to get the engine out, for this comparison to be valid.
    Well, we are just wanting FC to make things prettier, not build an entirely new game from scratch. Unfortunately, they are trying to build a new game "almost" from scratch while making it prettier

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Everyone knows you can't compare two projects unless they take exactly the same amount of time!
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Please, please, please don't let The Gauntlet become the next Collector, where it became an utter mess of a playfield that wasn't properly tested.

If it goes over well enough though... I dunno. I may have to peek my head in and check it out. I'm a sucker for new playfields.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

LMAO. Man. Thats awesome. Ive honestly given up expected our friendly dev's to actually deliver what theyve promised. But hey. They said duke nukem would never make it either.

/fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    I was translating Fwm in french on my org forums for almost 3 years ...
    No offense, but i won't bother to translate anymore until we endly get serious stuff.
    Sucks to be your org I guess.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    I was translating Fwm in french on my org forums for almost 3 years ...
    No offense, but i won't bother to translate anymore until we endly get serious stuff.
    Cool initiative on your part. Your org was quite lucky to have someone who was willing to do that for them. Maybe at some point in the future, you will be doing it for them again.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    Oh bah!! I wanted to be the one to point out that Kintaii should be well-prepared for humidity after Mississippi. That's what I get for doing work (i.e., cheating on this forum with other forums) while at work!
    Seriously. MS and AL should put up tollbooths at the state lines, so we can charge visitors for using our sauna.

Quote Originally Posted by Riawn View Post
    Seriously. MS and AL should put up tollbooths at the state lines, so we can charge visitors for using our sauna.
    Living in sauna ftw! <3

"Mostly cloudy. Temperature of 29°C. Winds SE 23km/h. Humidity will be 62% with a dewpoint of 21° and feels-like temperature of 31°C" in Winter!!! When is 'cold' and 'dry'.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Living in sauna ftw! <3

"Mostly cloudy. Temperature of 29°C. Winds SE 23km/h. Humidity will be 62% with a dewpoint of 21° and feels-like temperature of 31°C" in Winter!!! When is 'cold' and 'dry'.
    Hmm, 50C too low. That must be in Swedish sauna, not a proper one ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast