Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - June 10th, 2011: An Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    <3 hehe

So nothimg new will drop from the new encounter?
    I'm betting on those big freaky pistols we saw in renders last year this one!
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Jun 10th, 2011 at 15:57:10.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Talking

WOW! these are the most realistic and best AO graphic screenies. I assumed they're on the new engine???
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    I'm betting on those big freaky pistols we saw in renders last year this one!
    I didn't realize that four months ago was last year. That said, no - The odds of those pistols dropping at the moment are slim to none. Even if they *did* they wouldn't look like they do in that picture, as they were made for (and shown in the previewer for) the new engine. Odds are you'll see them come out then. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    WOW! these are the most realistic and best AO graphic screenies. I assumed they're on the new engine???
    There he is!! You can go back to slacking now, Cuisinart.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    I didn't realize that four months ago was last year. That said, no - The odds of those pistols dropping at the moment are slim to none. Even if they *did* they wouldn't look like they do in that picture, as they were made for (and shown in the previewer for) the new engine. Odds are you'll see them come out then. =)
    my bad, months and years seem to meld together with future AO content, from a player perspective.

so, will the key to open CoH chests drop at least?
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    my bad, months and years seem to meld together with future AO content, from a player perspective.
    LOL, he made that one way too easy. No forum pvp score for you, but general forum epeen for sure.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Page 2 Go Third Faction!!!!!

First to post from a phone?
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

You can if you wanna but I promise you don't wanna, no, and you won't.
    i already like the encounter!
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

[*] The new Pandemonium encounter "The Gauntlet" is nearly completed, with the mechanics nearly completed and the worldbuilding work needed underway. The rewards are going to be very interesting. =D
    Is this some kind of homage to the Gauntlet in Ultima Online? Because if so, that would be AWESOME. There, the loot spawns right in your pack and there's none of this loot-selling, alt-relogging nonsense

If not, god I am old, right
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Why is it that FunCom always works harder on failing projects than the GAME People love to play and always come back to. Engine = NOT. With the decline of AO players you think they would work harder and give there loyal member more of what they ask for.
    Clan: RKA United Clan title:President
    Jackyou Enforcer 220/70/30 ------ Lamice Doctor 220/70/30
    Meymanrex Solder 220/70/30 ------ tatdacrat Crat 220/70/30
    Tathreal Keeper 220/56/26 ------ tatdadraken NT 220/70/21
    tatdatrader Trader 220/60/18 ------ Bangbang Solder 220/70/24
    tathrad Adv 220/50/18 ------ tatdaengi Engi 220/60/24
    tatsma-MA 214, zzips- Fixer 211, tatmpes MP194, Libeli, Shade 168,ladraken Agent161
    Setting the Goal high is not always easy but in the end it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    the question on everyones mind is "How do we skip it?" or "is there enough walls to climb and lose agro from mobs?"
    Literally lol'd at this one. People are looking around at me thinking "wtf?"
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    <3 hehe

So nothimg new will drop from the new encounter?
    It'll drop ACDCs that require an item from the in "ingame" store to be activated ^_=
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

those new engine pics are amazing!.... o wait....

^^j/k

in all serioiusness those i agree with means in checking out his family and such. glad they are not injured

Whut, giev pics moar pics!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

So my take away is that we will another patch inside of 14 days to add birthday content.

Another take away. While art work is not engine work, the updated textures and trees are being stated as for the new engine so people working towards the release of the engine/art has been impacted/pulled off by the additional content work. Glad to know that truth there after it was stated some time back that all this new content would not impact the engine release.

Also taking away that all the nano doc's are being worked on but nothing is releasable yet to general public. So have the professionals seen drafts yet of the version 2 docs?

So when in the re-balance talks are we going to learn about the new stances and tools that will be added. Like the MA stance for example.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Is a server merger planned?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Another take away. While art work is not engine work, the updated textures and trees are being stated as for the new engine so people working towards the release of the engine/art has been impacted/pulled off by the additional content work. Glad to know that truth there after it was stated some time back that all this new content would not impact the engine release.
    And yet, your interpretation and what you're "taking away" is completely incorrect. "Asset creation" has absolutely nothing to do with engine coding/integration. People can make assets all day long and the work the artists are doing has zero bearing on what the coders are doing. So no - The content did not impact the engine release in the slightest.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Is the Gauntlet going to be an instance or more raid based?

Sorry if this was asked before.

So no - The content did not impact the engine release in the slightest.
    By now it looks like nothing you guys do has an impact on the release of it.

And yet, your interpretation and what you're "taking away" is completely incorrect. "Asset creation" has absolutely nothing to do with engine coding/integration. People can make assets all day long and the work the artists are doing has zero bearing on what the coders are doing. So no - The content did not impact the engine release in the slightest.
    So then you are saying that the engine will be released even if the updated assets are not finished? Basically new engine with old assets. I find that hard to believe that the engine would be released without all the new assets being ready (like trees) as you probably want this be a big deal release with lots of PR and no speed bumps.

A review that states "new engine same old dated textures" probably would not be helpful to a revitalization of AO. So that is why I am betting their is some level of connection between the two.

That is why my take away was important to be addressed. While I find it hard to believe that the engine could be released without all the updated assets I will believe you that they are not tied together and truly on different release schedules. So here is hoping that I never see "Engine is ready but we are waiting for the asset update to get finished" in a FWM post.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

The humidity here is enough to make you feel like you're breathing jello every time you step outside.
    Welcome to the East Coast!
    Because Race Yalm

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast