Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - June 10th, 2011: An Experiment

Funcom employee Friday with(out) Means - June 10th, 2011: An Experiment

Means is out of town today unfortunately, after severe storms and possible tornadoes swept through parts of Ontario recently which may have caused damage to his old family home. Thankfully there were no injuries or major damage in the area, but after seeing some pictures from in the area with downed trees and furniture tossed through windows, I tend to agree with him that checking up on the place is a good idea. You can get a sense for why he might be concerned by checking out the attached image (note: not his property, but someone in the near area).

Edit: Turns out Means' house is mostly ok, though with some debris having landed on the home and 20+ trees down on the property. So a bit of a mess but thankfully nothing too major. =) Tossed in another picture of a tree down near his place.

Otherwise... I'm not gonna lie to you guys: Its been a long, tiring, sweaty week. If I was hoping that the weather would be kinder in Montreal than in Oslo, then that was entirely misplaced I assure you - The humidity here is enough to make you feel like you're breathing jello every time you step outside. SO! *I'm* tired, you guys are probably a little tired, and to be frank I ain't got the patented Wall of Text in me today so we're going to try something a little different.

Bullet points.

(i can hear waldgeist cheering already)

Not that I think you guys have noticed or anything but I don't do brevity all that well so if this goes wrong I apologize profusely. Otherwise, I figure we might as well try a little science today, see if I actually *can* be brief. ... which I'm not doing right now so ON TO THE BULLET POINTS!!

• 18.4.5 is now out and available on the live dimensions. Our sincere apologies for the extended downtime and issues yesterday, though these should now be resolved. If you are still having issues logging in, please delete the file "DXDiagOutput.txt" from your Anarchy Online client install directory.
    • Work on the 10th Anniversary content is drawing to a close and will be out for live soon. Lots of good stuff in here - Expect a preview article here in Community Corner/on the front page soon.
    • The new Pandemonium encounter "The Gauntlet" is nearly completed, with the mechanics nearly completed and the worldbuilding work needed underway. The rewards are going to be very interesting. =D
    • Work is progressing nicely on the rebalancing, with Genele and Means now having settled on a lot of the 'larger' changes coming into the game and work on the incoming v2 nanodocuments progressing nicely.
    • Parsed has been hard at work with the new engine and progress is coming along swiftly with the integration.
    • MstrBstrd and Flaptoot have returned to the tasks of remodelling older assets for the new engine, with Flap working on trees this week and MstrBstrd constructing the new bling'd out version of the reclaim/mail terminal. Looking very awesome.
    • The search continues for a designer to join our team here in Montreal. For more information, please visit our corporate site at Funcom Jobs - Montreal and view the listing for "Content Designer - Anarchy Online"
    • Our 10th Anniversary Gathering is incoming Soon™! We look forward to seeing everyone who's making the trip up to Montreal - Should be great times. =D

And, uh... yeah! There ya go - Bullet points! Felt kinda weird in a way, not sure if I approve or not. :\ Also not sure I accomplished my goal of being 'brief'. >< Oh well - Back to my wall-of-text next time, I suppose. Hope you guys have a good weekend - See you later!
    Last edited by Kintaii; Jun 10th, 2011 at 15:48:28.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

3rd
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

not first
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Where's the other 90% of the FW(o)M text

In before the first, maybe....

And to Means GL with the tornado. Hope everybody is ok there.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

pursed

*edit* yeah, that storm was nasty. I live just north of where it went through, and my house still got hit by lightning (was playing minecraft at the time and I got zapped through my headphones... ouch*). lets just say its a good thing I have 2 ethernet ports on my motherboard .
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Jun 10th, 2011 at 15:37:42.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Means has "20+ trees down on the property", and Flap is "working on trees this week".
    Coincidence? I think not.

Let's hope that Means will be nice, and gives Flap some cold drinks to compensate him for working outside. And that Flap will get new ideas for in-game trees.

PS The first picture is not "furniture thrown through windows", it is a swing that was hanging on the porch on two flimsy chains, one of which broke. The windows are intact. You Ontarians should have seen what Tornadoes had done in US last months.
    Last edited by intelknight; Jun 10th, 2011 at 15:46:18.

Are the drops from the gauntlet gonna be available in the "ingame" store? ^_=

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    Are the drops from the gauntlet gonna be available in the "ingame" store? ^_=
    Note that I said "rewards" not "drops". And no, Hotu. ;P
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

I was ready for first post, but Kintaii using bulletpoints confused me enough to be stunned for over 10 minutes.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    [*] The new Pandemonium encounter "The Gauntlet" is nearly completed, with the mechanics nearly completed
    the question on everyones mind is "How do we skip it?" or "is there enough walls to climb and lose agro from mobs?"
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    the question on everyones mind is "How do we skip it?" or "is there enough walls to climb and lose agro from mobs?"
    You can if you wanna but I promise you don't wanna, no, and you won't.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Note that I said "rewards" not "drops". And no, Hotu. ;P
    <3 hehe

So nothimg new will drop from the new encounter?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    So nothimg new will drop from the new encounter?
    Never said that either! =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Foist Paige ? I'm glad everyone's okay. We've had lightning firing off every 5-15 seconds around me. Never seen that before.
    Last edited by Notumlord; Jun 10th, 2011 at 15:52:24.

no vid and no news of engine... getting boring already
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Grr I hate these Glomar responses

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast