Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - June 10th, 2011: An Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Hmm, 50C too low. That must be in Swedish sauna, not a proper one ;D
    Pff. There are no living place where temp is 80C. Hmmm did I said 30C in winter? *checks* Yes I did /shrug
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Off-topic, but on-theme:

I found some floating trees in Varmint Woods and want to report their location. I remember reading in another FWM the person to whom I should report this, but I can't find that thread now. Point me to it, please?

If it saves time:

(10:38) Extended location information:
    (10:38) - 2091.1, 2412.6, 22.1 (2091.1 2412.6 y 22.1 600)
    (10:38) - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:600 GS=0 SG=0 R=600, resource: 600
    (10:38) - zone: 6952, area: "Varmint Woods Heartland"
    (10:38) Server id: 3116, character id: 50000:2706024451, time: 2011-06-14 16:38:09 (UTC)
    (10:38) Version: 18.4.5_EP1, map id: 18.4.5.3_02.06.2011_19.39.55, build: 49618.

Lindu or Genele
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Chrisax on RK2 has a dB with all that in it. He cataloged something like 160 trees in VW that were 'floating'.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

[ http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...st?query=42001 ]

Oh, HAI! You like for have swim on land? Stand still for drenching! YAY! 96% humidity ftl. FTL.
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

[ http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/82398.html ] Winter on a semi-arid city :x 78% humidity hell T.T

P.s: /me just checked now the pic posted by FC_AO on twitter.

OMG! Parset drink so much Cola. Has he still a liver?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by outercontrol123 View Post
    Not good, not good at all. Nobody would play it, everyone would be just roaming/looking around.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Battlestations process does not work- Please fix

I've already posted in Game Suggestions but going to be repetitive because I feel strongly that someone should look into how battlestations works currently and make some adjustments.

Right now you get a BS invite and upon acceptance are immediately warped into the BS decontamination room. If, for some reason (which happens quite often in my personal experience), not enough folks signed up on one side or the other you get another box saying this, a few points and you're kicked out of BS and to the main BS sign up area.

Maybe this made sense way back when but with today's population this is not working. Can someone please go in and adjust the code such that we don't get warped to decontamination until the confirmed minimum on both sides have clicked accept and then get a popup message saying "sorry can't do this round, care to re-enter queue?" if the minimum has not accepted within x minutes?

Why is this an issue? Let's take my shade yesterday as an example. I was doing the Penumbra Xan progression quest when I got an invite to BS. Mind you I'd signed up for BS about 3 hours prior. I accepted, got warped.. lost all of my buffs (which I had to dual log and relog 3 times to get fully buffed up) only to get kicked out of BS about a min or 2 later due to not enough folks on the omni side accepting the invite. I can tell you that in the future I am going to be one of those people that does not accept the invite if I'm in Pen or some other spot that takes me any bit of time to get to... because there is no guarantee that my sacrifice of leaving what I was doing is not going to be in vain. In other words, the dynamics of the way battlestations currently works puts us all on a negative path of not getting into a working battlestations round.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Can someone please go in and adjust the code such that we don't get warped to decontamination until the confirmed minimum on both sides have clicked accept and then get a popup message saying "sorry can't do this round, care to re-enter queue?" if the minimum has not accepted within x minutes?
    So you're saying you want us to sign up, wait for enough other people to sign up, then when that happens sign up again, and then wait yet again for enough other people to sign up again, before the round starts, is that the general idea?

I'm all for delaying the round from starting for a minute or so after there's the numbers, just to be sure and then aborting the run if there's not enough people signed up, or even kicking people from the queue automatically if they're afk, but it sounds more like the abort mechanics are broken, more than the signup mechanics to me.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Jun 16th, 2011 at 00:52:15.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    So you're saying you want us to sign up, wait for enough other people to sin up, then when that happens sign up again, and then wait yet again for enough other people to sign up again, before the round starts, is that the general idea?

I'm all for delaying the round from starting for a minute or so after there's the numbers, just to be sure and then aborting the run if there's not enough people signed up, or even kicking people from the queue automatically if they're afk, but it sounds more like the abort mechanics are broken, more than the signup mechanics to me.
    No..

I'm saying don't warp me into BS if enough people have not ACCEPTED the invite. What is happening right now is that you get an invite and when you accept you get IMMEDIATELY warped into decontamination.. sometimes by the time you're run to a first cap point you get a message that not enough of one side has ACCEPTED and you get kicked out.

I'd rather wait an extra 2-3min after I have clicked accept to get warped than to get warped from what I am doing and then find out that BS can't run.

The suggestion to get the pop-up to re-signup was just a matter of convenience ... the main issue I a experiencing is that I am getting warped into a BS before the system has even determined that there are enough players accepting the invite on both sides to allow it to start.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 15th, 2011 at 23:49:50.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

its not a bad idea. if you click accept, and theres a waiting period of a few minutes for enough people to accept invite, and if not enough accept, you get a message saying not enough people to start round; thats far better than getting into bs and it then telling you theres not enough. plus it would fix the bugged bs problem a lot of people are having.

two birds with one stone, whats not to like?

*edit* and if it keeps you in the queue, and sends an invite again, that would be gravy, but i doubt the coding involved for that would be trivial.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Jun 16th, 2011 at 04:17:01.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345