Thread: Warmongers

Warmongers

http://www.anarchyonline.com/content...articles/1640L

Beginning of a war?

Is he for real? A bunch of yahoos go to Tir to demand what they have no authority to demand from someone who likely had nothing to do with the bombing. They get (rightfully) ignored, throw a fit, kill clan guards, and we're suppose to follow their wise and farseeing lead and go to war?

Gotcha. just wanted to be sure I got the full jest of the article. I'll get right on the war thing.

NOT.

What arrogance to think that because your self appointed demand for an apology from the CoT was ignored, death and destruction must be unleashed on Rubi-Ka on a massive scale.
    ------------------------------------------------
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops
    -----------------------------------------------

Real yeah...

REAL DUMB!

Well more to the point, begging for an appearance that they know won't come due to (Funcom) limitations is a good way to justify fighting I guess.

Dumb?

Breaking the amnesty is dumb. Repetatively assaulting Omni Tek while preaching a peace is dumb.

Omni Tek has issued warnings, they have even tried and convicted perpetrators in their own ranks for breaking the amnesty. The punishment was a farce, so was the trial but at least we did SOMETHING. Can the CoT say the same?

And don't give me any of your "Clans are not a corporation, we do not answer to the council coz we are free people"
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

strange

"And don't give me any of your "Clans are not a corporation, we do not answer to the council coz we are free people"

Uhh.... why not? its true.

We joined the Clans because we wanted to be free (most of us) and our government reflects that... as I've said elsewhere, there have always been clans not with the CoT. ALWAYS. ((even official ones, ex. Sentinels)) these people are still clans.

As to omni punishments, don't make me laugh. Aberic is a faction LEADER now I understand. Way to go OT! Promote those whom you said you were kicking from the company permanently!

OT is certainly able to be terribly tyrannical when it serves its purpose, but the yoke sure hasn't fallen hard on Amnesty breakers in the south.

Re: strange

Originally posted by Windie
    "And don't give me any of your "Clans are not a corporation, we do not answer to the council coz we are free people"

Uhh.... why not? its true.
    Then you are not rebels but anarchists and then I do not know why CoT is even negotiating a peace. They are obviously not suited to do so

We joined the Clans because we wanted to be free (most of us) and our government reflects that... as I've said elsewhere, there have always been clans not with the CoT. ALWAYS. ((even official ones, ex. Sentinels)) these people are still clans.
    As I said above: Then why are we negotiating a peace if you are not all prepared to follow it.

As to omni punishments, don't make me laugh. Aberic is a faction LEADER now I understand. Way to go OT! Promote those whom you said you were kicking from the company permanently!

OT is certainly able to be terribly tyrannical when it serves its purpose, but the yoke sure hasn't fallen hard on Amnesty breakers in the south.
    At least it has fallen. The council seems to be supporting this kind of behaviour. I already agreed that it was a farce, but its still more than the clanners have done.
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

Scenario: war eminent.

Omni revokes amnesty. Omni guards will now KOS clan members in Omni territory the CoT reciprocates.

Hostilities increase, Galactic public opinion turns against the CoT. Omni is given a free hand.

Omni turns off the grid. Any travel to and from rebel territory must be done overland.

Omni troops mass in 2ho, and 4 holes and Avalon. Hundreds of Omni assault troops, slayerdroids, and juggernauts mass on the ground. Battlecrusers and grav tanks patrol the skies.

War is declared. Troops move to retake Omni 2. 500 Slayerdroids, 800 Omni Shock troops, 40 Juggernauts, and 15 Command Juggernauts enter Omni 2 by way of Orbital drop. Omni 2 is secured within 72 hours.

Avalon and Sentinel are vaporized from war satellites and antimatter munitions launched from the Clon**** guns.

The clans are hit hard, but they continue the struggle for years to come.
    ------------------------------------------------
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops
    -----------------------------------------------

Then you are not rebels but anarchists and then I do not know why CoT is even negotiating a peace. They are obviously not suited to do so
    Do you NOT get it yet? There IS NO COT. They do NOT exist. They are a fig-newton of Funcom's imagination. They don't meet. They don't say stuff. They don't act. There is no reason for anyone to believe that they are all a part of the AO world, except that it says so in some little booklet. Some documentation dude was bored one day and pulled some monkeys out of his butt. Listen, for something to exist in a role-playing world, someone's got to roleplay the parts! Obviously no one is. Snarf role-playing the Mayor of Tir gives it FAR more weight than an imaginary, never role-played, seen or felt "Council of Truth". Doesn't it.

Since they dont exist, they're certainly not negotiating sh*t.

Likewise, Omni-Tek admin doesn't exist. YOU OMNI LEADERS are the voice of Omni-Tek as far as I'm concerned. I don't give a rabbit's left foot if Funcom wants to force an amnesty from an NPC organization that obviously isn't playing in the same game world as the rest of us.

Funcom had their chance to role-play these NPCs. They chose not to. That's cool with me. Don't complain -- take over yourselves.

Geez. Some initiative people, some initiative.

Snarf!
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Existance

Dust to Dust dont exist either. They are not roleplayed...

YET! Omni has been destroyed, and the story continous with references to them.

Either we roleplay with whats given to us, or we forget about the story and go shoot some leets... (fun but only for a short while)

> Dust to Dust dont exist either. They are not roleplayed...

Right, which is entirely why the whole premis is so stupid. They can't be attacked, they cant be brought to justice, they can't be negotiated with.

It might be too much to ask for players to CONTROL these elements, but it is NOT too much to ask for players to be able to INTERACT with them.

Things that NO ONE can interact with do not exist. What we have in AO is non-existent things interacting with one another.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

perhaps a better way to put it

they exist once or twice a month,sometimes more if we're lucky. Considering that they use ARKs for most of the 'story' roles, I do wonder why they can't have more availability. I understand the people who are actual employees (who are in the more important roles) can't or maybe don't want to be on every day... If nothing else, player harassment must be fierce (although that'd fit under 'part of the job'). But it wouldn't be hard to have the gm's who listen to all the channels set up a simple 'character' that they can cycle thru whomever the arks are to make statements 'n such.

Actually looking at that sentence, maybe I see part of the problem. Anyone presuming to speak for the council or for OT will get a huge amount of questions/harassment and would certainly need to be more than a crony... Maybe the solution then is to make the high profile character roles (Gelsa, Derva) fulltime jobs rather than the ~maybe~ a few times a week jobs they are now. Heck, they've freed up alot of resources for AO now, so it should be easy...

(Don't you love my train-of-thought rambling?)

Another note, it looks like at one time they meant us in the clans to take the part of the CoT. We signed up to be members, but sadly we only had one or two meetings. I'll never go thru another travesty like the CCL, but I wonder if maybe they meant us to meet without them to some degree, and BECOME the council. Sadly without the controlling effects of a GM or 2 the egos involved in the leaders make such meetings stupid wastes of time, really. Believe me we tried.

Well anyways, whattaya think of my analysis of this deal?

~•—~

Agrees with most of Windies comments...

Player could carry a great deal of this story by themselves, but there has to be GM:s acting as high profilpersons around more often..(always?) to get things in motion, and from time to time make things run in the direction wanted...
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek