Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 3rd, 2011 - Thanks to a busy team

Somewhere!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

First.
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex
    yawns

I can understand no dates, we all got used to it during last 3 years but ... no heads??!?
    Erm... I think you got something wrong. You're a gamer! You play something as nerdy as AO. Do you really think, you'll ever get something like that again?
    Girls don't give head to gamer-nerds, they don't even date us!

Sorry, couldn't resist...

11. Hating still you Cyr
    Junfanlee 220/30 Martial Artist - Deranden 200 Froob Martial Artist
    Cyreidan 170/24/42 Adventurer - Daylate 110/12 Doctor
    Deraldon 100 Froob Fixer - Haroshan 90/9 Agent
    Deretham 65 Froob Enforcer - Malberan 36/4 Enforcer
    Forselling 25 Froob Trader - Talishon 21/2 Trader
    Forsidexp1 14 Froob Trader - Imwhoim 1 Froob Agent

President
    of Fist and Faith

Quote Originally Posted by Regarok View Post
    Erm... I think you got something wrong. You're a gamer! You play something as nerdy as AO. Do you really think, you'll ever get something like that again?

>.> Hmm hmm hmm imagirl *hides*
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I started to read it, and i HAD to look at the end of the post for a "And finally, thank you all for the wonderful 10 years we have been together, but it is time for Anarchy Online to close it's doors."
    I'm happy that didnt come up. I'm so happy i could cry :')
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    By chasing them with capped runspeed, trying to root them with 80% root resist. You are truly a visionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    4. Thank you Macrosun for the new "catch up to your target" mechanic. I love it. It looks awesome...and it doesn't even have an effect or an animation yet. Hailx10 Macrosun.

That was an easy fix to your problem Sultry.

Shameful Devs, coming up with answers, that aren't just "leave it broken like it is."
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    like....50th prolly

"4. Thank you Macrosun for the new "catch up to your target" mechanic. I love it. It looks awesome...and it doesn't even have an effect or an animation yet. Hailx10 Macrosun." <---this looks promising, and scary at the same time.
    Probably just some melee love, with pets excluded, ofc.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Ciyanid View Post
    I started to read it, and i HAD to look at the end of the post for a "And finally, thank you all for the wonderful 10 years we have been together, but it is time for Anarchy Online to close it's doors."
    I'm happy that didnt come up. I'm so happy i could cry :')
    even if they did announce the game was shutting down, remember its funcom time. it would take at least 2 or 3 years to get it done

(sorry, just had to make that joke )
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

I have a couple questions for Means/Kintaii:

I'm not going to bother with asking for dates on when anything is going to be finished. When it hits a test server.. I know it is close to that time.

I do want to know what, if anything, Funcom plans to do to help existing/current customers with the population issues while you all finish up the engine, new player experience and rebalancing (which I believe you stated would come with a renewed advertising campaign for the game)?

I came back to game recently and started playing a level 50ish character that is now a 136 or 137. Finding a team to do anything can mean hours upon hours of searching (that doesn't always lead to a success). Signing up for battlesations can even be a futile act unless you plan to stay logged on to a single character for hours on end to wait on an invite (and hope you don't get kicked out immediately because the other folks that signed up hours before didn't accept their invite). What used to be a fun game experience, for me, can feel like a solo player game at times.

As an experienced player I can get on a kite team and get levels if I wish and I think (hope) I know the ins and outs of teaming and yet I still struggle with the simplest or most basic aspect of a MMO and that is finding other people to play with on a consistant basis for leveling purposes.

Are there any plans to work something out so that battlestation queues can be shared across RK1 and RK2? Do you have anything in the works that is similar to the system in World of Warcraft where you can sign up for a 'Random' dungeon that, again, pulls similar level people from a queue across servers?

The dailies (including the 'daily-like' xp gain added to SL questlines) were an interesting step for the game but it feels like that is really the only consistant way to get xp on some of my characters and again.. that makes my gameplay turn into a series of 'relogs' to do dailies, solo, as opposed to spending time questing and fighting alongside other players.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

And boys? Fat, darkhaired, middleaged gamer"girl" lf lubz plz.

lulz Lletah
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    before someone else says it:

I see some 'Force Majeur' excuses creeping in as reasons for delaying work on AO .... C'MON guys, what's next? Earth being hit with meteor? World Wide epidemic? Zombies? Pull up your boots, brush that small stuff off and finish it.
    Force Majeur = holidays, it's work for these people, and they usually want to take vacations around summer, but yes, please do finish up at least all the docs before you leave us hanging
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

i posted here...

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Darmn I went all like " ohhh they gonna shut down the game after saying all that ****."
    Too bad it's not happening...
    Fixutopia: lol u do realize clan only gain towers when bomba/wont lead
    Wonthealu: EU rules are 16, Swedish rules are 15, Thailand rules are 13

Many of us have wives or girlfriends that play AO.

Maybe it is just you. Go take a shower.

j/k

On a more serious note, a few months ago there was a comment by Means or Kintaii about the SL quests getting 'streamlined' Soon™. Was this in reference to all SL quests or just specific ones? When is that expected to occur?
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Jun 3rd, 2011 at 18:25:10.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

First off, I want to say I think you (Means) took some of what I said to heart. I told you Means that people want answers, they want to know what is going on. FINALLY!

Even though you were kiss ass a bit, you still told us what is going on. Kodos to you, sir.

1. Design and production of 10th anniversary T-shirts. Thank you Flaptoot... *down the list*
    7. Thank you Flaptoot for the work on the new vehicle for the Anniversary.
    If the shirt/vehicle are bad, I know who to blame now. Thanks.
    2. next version that includes the "not shade" item changes.
    I am sure every Shade is praising you.
    3. steamroll right into the integration of the "final" version of the Conan engine.
    Wait, wait...we can finally start getting excited?! No! THIS IS MADNESS!!!

4. Thank you Macrosun for the new "catch up to your target" mechanic.
    I am guessing this is some sort of way to help melee???
    9. Thank you Kintaii for getting through a huge number of Anniversary items, while working very, very late trying to get the new Pandemonium experience complete and interesting. Thank you for making me laugh and bringing me up for air when I need it.
    This new Pandemonium experience is probably bigger deal then any instance released yet, no pressure Kintaii.

Also a hearty thanks to our German community managers Tarib & Waldgeist
    Ok, seriously, that's it this time. Have a great weekend everybody - See you back here next week. =)
    I got a laugh thinking of what if Waldgeist had FWM translated to German using a translator found online. OH man...LOL!
    Last edited by Ctrlaltwin; Jun 3rd, 2011 at 18:33:29.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrlaltwin View Post
    This new Pandemonium experience is probably bigger deal then any instance released yet, no pressure Kintaii.
    cheers dawg glad to know theres like no need to stress or anything

>.@
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    cheers dawg glad to know theres like no need to stress or anything

>.@
    I'll do one better, the destruction of the universe is upon us. The only way to save us, it is to rely on you making this new instance right.
    Last edited by Ctrlaltwin; Jun 3rd, 2011 at 18:49:32.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast